• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SmackDown! spoilers - 7/8/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
*Rob Van Dam defeated Mark Jindrak. Rene Dupree did commentary at ringside.

*Josh Matthews interviewed WWE champion John Bradshaw Layfield backstage. Bradshaw said he was going to fight a real champion, "El Luchadore" from Mexico later on tonight.

*Paul London & Billy Kidman defeated The Dudley Boyz to win the WWE Tag Team championships.

*Backstage, the wrestlers congratulated Billy Kidman and Paul London for their title win. The Dudleys came up to Kidman and London and shook their hands.

*Charlie Haas came to the ring to wrestle. Backstage, Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns announced that Haas was suspended for a week, but would face Reigns next week on Smackdown.

*Josh Matthews interviewed Kenzo Suzuki. Hiroki (Suzuki's wife) told the crowd that Suzuki loved the United States to get heat from Canadian fans. It appeared this was for the live crowd.

*WWE United States champion John Cena was rapping about Booker T. Kenzo Suzuki came out and brawled with Cena. Cena got the upper hand. Suzuki was knocked out of the ring. Luther Reigns came to the ring and laid out Cena.

*"El Gran Luchadore" defeated WWE champion John Bradshaw Layfield by countout. Eddie Guerrrero came down to the ring dressed like Luchadore and switched places with him. Guerrero hit the triple suplex combination and did his "Latino Heat" dance. Bradshaw realized it and left the ring, getting counted out.

*Backstage, The Dudleys confronted Spike Dudley and said that even though Spike didn't help them, they wanted to help him. Spike turned them down.

Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble & Akio defeated Spike Dudley & Rey Misterio & Scotty Too Hotty when Noble pinned Dudley. This was said to have been a really good match.

*Paul Heyman did an interview inside the ring, placing the urn down inside the ring and telling The Undertaker (who did not appear) that everything that had happened the last few weeks was the idea of the Dudley Boyz.

*WWE United States champion John Cena pinned Booker T with the FU. Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns came to ringside. Cena accidentally hit Angle with a clothesline after Booker ducked. He then took out Reigns with Angle's cane. After the pin, Reigns attacked Cena and grabbed the US title and walked off. Angle announced that Cena had been warned that if he put his hands on Angle, there would be reprecussions and there are - Angle then announced that Cena was stripped of the United States championship.

After they went off the air, Booker T attacked Cena. Cena chased off Booker T and then did some mic work to send off the live crowd.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Cool that London and kidman got the tag belts. London can work his ass off. I will watch the show just for that match.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Isn't London also "El Gran Luchadore" (before the Eddie switch)?

This actually sounds like a decent Smackdown! this week. I read the results on another site, and the JBL/Luchadore match sounds hilarious...apparently Guerrero threw a bananna peel for JBL to "slip" on in the ring when he switched. :)

And I'm actually wondering where the Dudley Boys are going right now. Are they just going to beat up Spike (yawn)? I doubt they'll feud with Taker; I read that the main event at Summerslam for SD! is a three way match for the belt between Bradshit, Guerrero, and Taker.

Triumph

Banned
Hmm... that sounds like it doesn't completely suck balls. I still think that there are some guys who would benefit from a switch from the top heavy Raw to the shit heap that is Smackdown and help boost ratings, but apparently we fans are retards or something and Vince is always right.

UFC PRIDE

Sounds like another gay WWE show - stripping the title? Isn't that so 1980's? Angle just doesn't cut it as a GM - I'm sick of the whole 'evil GM' feud crap. I rather there be jsut a 'silent' owner like in the old days - like Gene Tunney or something to make a cameo appearance rather than pushing them down our throats each week. Hopefully this GM voting thing gets up and running soon.

dskillzhtown

I have no idea where they are going with the Dudleys. They are so stale and played out at this point. I really don't want to see a Bubba Ray vs. D-von fued. UT vs Dudleys sounds just as bad. Maybe just through them in a stable with some peeps.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
UFC PRIDE said:
Sounds like another gay WWE show - stripping the title? Isn't that so 1980's? Angle just doesn't cut it as a GM - I'm sick of the whole 'evil GM' feud crap. I rather there be jsut a 'silent' owner like in the old days - like Gene Tunney or something to make a cameo appearance rather than pushing them down our throats each week. Hopefully this GM voting thing gets up and running soon.

Angle's only the GM because he got injured, but yeah, he just doesn't play the part very well. Heyman was much better as GM, and he should be the guy "in charge" right now, instead of jobbing to a guy that doesn't even appear at half the shows. :p

The Dudleys need a brand new gimmick.

dskillzhtown

Lyte Edge said:
Angle's only the GM because he got injured, but yeah, he just doesn't play the part very well. Heyman was much better as GM, and he should be the guy "in charge" right now, instead of jobbing to a guy that doesn't even appear at half the shows. :p

Angle should have just been taken off camera until he was ready to work. But the lack of star power on Smackdown deems it necessary to have him on screen in some form or fashion. Actually if they hadn't shitted all over Booker T and RVD when they got there, they could have to headliners right there.

pops619

I haven't watched Smackdown in a couple months, but if I wasn't working I'd definitely catch this episode. Maybe this is the start of a turnaround...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sounds like another gay WWE show - stripping the title? Isn't that so 1980's?

They can only hope. Wrestling was actually fun and exciting to watch back then. I'm loving these 80's tv show torrents I found that build up to WM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom