• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Boss Phil Spencer to Kick Off PAX West 2024 With Storytime Speech

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
PAX West 2024 kicks off with a “storytime” speech from Xbox boss Phil Spencer, co-organizers ReedPop and Penny Arcade have announced.

At PAX West 2024, which runs from August 30 to September 2, the Microsoft Gaming CEO will take to the main stage to deliver an “informative and engaging talk on his expansive career in the games industry, spanning 30 years and several Xbox console generations.”

Last edited:

ByWatterson

the lonely island what GIF

Astray

Wouldn't hold my breath, but we'll see.
I'm not really holding my breath, but when you look at it:

- There's already a massive leadership structure under him, meaning that his replacement can be promoted in-house.
- He's coming on stage to talk about his story and career, who does that except for someone who is planning to call time on said career?
- He's getting on in years and looks very visibly aged in just a few years.
- He had his "career moment" when he landed the ABK deal, whether we like it or not, that's gonna land him legendary status in business suit-world and he's gonna be invited to a great deal of business talks.
- He is increasingly gathering negative attention from gamers because of various factors, the change in sentiment on him in 2023-2024 has been astounding imo.
- Phil "leaving" can be a believable rationale for major changes to Xbox and MS gaming strategy.

"And with that...a might cheer went up from the heroes of xboxland. They had banished the games forever, because they are haunted. Now let's all celebrate with a glass of copium juice."

Sorcerer

Maybe he will rant and rave about how the gamers betrayed him, scream "Screw You, I'm out" drop the mic and leave the stage. (He should do this with a Master Chief helmet on).
A week later a kickstarter for "Phil Box" will be announced.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Will Phil tell us about "Before the Dark Times, Before the Empire"? as Twin Suns (Luke's Theme) plays in the background?

Last edited:
Game executive to speak at gaming event. I'm sure someone will find a reason to be mad about this.

Just hold on a sec ...

Phil loves talking about himself 24/7. Personally, I find that annoying.

The guys who is responsible for Xbox becoming the largest publisher in the gaming world really needs rehabilitation…

Largest publisher? Based on what?

They may own a lot of IP but only a handful of them are big money generators. And some, like Minecraft & Candy Crush, are so outside the core gaming segment that most enthusiasts don't care (especially with Candy Crush).

Also it's not like they didn't spend $80+ billion to become a massive publisher to begin with. With money like that of course that's going to get you something.

Last edited:
Game executive to speak at gaming event. I'm sure someone will find a reason to be mad about this.

Just hold on a sec ...
xbox CEO, president of gaming, "I have to run a sustainable business", just closed several studios, upsi, is going to speak at a gaming event. I'm sure someone will find a reason to cheer up every time he spits bullshit.

h7QIYlr.gif

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
There's no boss that I've been told didn't suck. Now I'm kinda one and people talk trash all over the place

And let's remember that only after Iwata died that more people saw his value

Top Bottom