• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Activity for week of August 31st

Accident

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Call of Duty: WaW
2 Halo 3
3 Call of Duty 4
4 Gears of War 2
5 Madden NFL 10
6 GTA IV
7 Batman: Arkham Asylum
8 FIFA 09
9 Left 4 Dead
10 Trials HD

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions purchased)

1 Trials HD
2 Shadow Complex
3 Defense Grid: The Awakening
4 Battlefield 1943
5 NBA 2K10 Draft Combine
6 Castle Crashers
7 Marvel vs. Capcom 2
8 Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
9 Splosion Man
10 Hasbro Family Game Night **

The above arcade list is based on full versions purchased.
**Combined sales of all Hasbro Family Game Night titles

Original Xbox Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Halo 2
2 Star Wars: Battlfrnt 2
3 Counter-Strike
4 Fable
5 Splinter Cell Chaos
6 Conker: Live Reloaded
7 Star Wars: Battlefront
8 Doom 3
9 SW: KOTOR
10 SW: Republic Commando

Top Indie Games (Full Versions purchased)

1 I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1
2 Avatar Drop
3 Headshot
4 Track Architect
5 Avatar Golf
6 Who Did I Date Last Night
7 Miner Dig Deep
8 The Drinking Game
9 Physics Sandbox
10 ezmuze+ Hamst3r edition

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
GTA4 on XBL's 6th place; probably related to Gay Tony, right? Or was it always that popular?

Impressive showing by Trails HD. That thing has really turned into one of the surprise hits of the year.

wmat said:
GTA4 on XBL's 6th place; probably related to Gay Tony, right? Or was it always that popular?

Always that popular. It stays entrenched at 5th or 6th place.

RBH

Batman moves up!

Left 4 Dead makes its return!

Trials HD continues to surprise everyone!

GhaleonEB

XBLA chart is becoming top-heavy with $15-$20 games. Which is fine with me if the quality bar keeps as high as it is, but though I'm expecting we'll see games that used to be $10 start selling for $15.

GhaleonEB said:
XBLA chart is becoming top-heavy with $15-$20 games. Which is fine with me if the quality bar keeps as high as it is, but though I'm expecting we'll see games that used to be $10 start selling for $15.

Defense Grid could have been a 15 dollar game any day of the week. It wasn't, so...who knows.

GhaleonEB said:

Games that aren't worth $15 to $20 dollars simply won't sell. I'm fine with games costing that much. Hopefully it spurs higher quality since the more you increase price, the higher the barrier of entry. Not necessarily aimed at you but at those who continually lament and moan about the price increase.

szaromir

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
XBLA chart is becoming top-heavy with $15-$20 games.
Which one is 1600MSP? I can't think of any.

Does anyone know how much FIFA 09 has sold worldwide? It's fascinating to see it hanging out in Top 10 throughout entire year while supposedly most 360 consoles are sold in the US. FIFA 10 should be huge as well.

Majora

I'm happy the 15 dollar games are doing so well and showing that not everyone obsesses over 5 dollars more for a quality game as the average Gaffer. It proves there is a market for polished high quality games with good production values for 15 dollars.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Trials at the top of XBLA purchases is very impressive. :eek:

And no Guitar Hero 5 makes me very happy. :)

nli10

Psychotext said:
Indie Games list looking a bit better this week... with some notable exceptions.

People seem to be throwing 80 points at the date sim just to see if their answer was correct. No one would knowingly play that twice surely??

Mind you - an 80 point 'HD pictures of girls' game might sell well...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
GhaleonEB said:
I had to check this thread wasn't from 2008 with quotes like this.

Kind of sad that Halo Wars dropped off the charts. A lot of people bought it, but the support for it was lacking and slow to say the least.

xbhaskarx

Very impressive for Trials HD, getting back to the #1 spot in week 4.
Defense Grid did well, everyone should check that out, it's a great deal at $10.

GhaleonEB said:
XBLA chart is becoming top-heavy with $15-$20 games.

Huh, $20? Are more of the top ten XBLA games $20 than $10?

MMaRsu

Major Williams said:
Kind of sad that Halo Wars dropped off the charts. A lot of people bought it, but the support for it was lacking and slow to say the least.

Huh. When the hell did it even chart?

Also, the game was a bad RTS.

Major Williams said:

well the studio that made it was closed down, so that may be the source of weak support. or do you mean support by gamers?

MMaRsu said:
Huh. When the hell did it even chart?

Also, the game was a bad RTS.
It was a more than decent RTS by console standards. One of the best, really. Even more of an achievement was their competent handling of the Halo license.

R.I.P. Ensemble.

Rlan

Domino Theory said:
Both Watchmen XBLA games and Sam & Max Save the World.

But they're not on the list, so whatev.

Actually Watchmen 2 is only $15. Still didn't make the Top 10 on its opening week.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Played some 1943 today. No problems getting into matches. Always full games to be found. I see a wide variety of ranks out there. Glad to see. I know I'll keep playing until MW2 comes out.

I am very disappointed not to see GH5 on the list, I think it is the best game of it's kind so far. Hopefully word of mouth from people that actually gave it a chance will allow it to have some legs.

mattso

JB1981 said:
Why do so many people play CoD: WaW?
It has more and in my opinion better maps than cod4. Also nazi zombies.

waw is probably doing better than normal off the strength of the newest map pack. 3 awesome mp maps and the best zombie map to date.

Major Williams said:

Game fell off quite a while ago, it didn't last all that long in the top 10. The game was extremely front loaded, it did like 700k in it's first npd month and the next it had dropped below 150k to some unknown number. And with the game selling 1 million in its first two weeks, thats a massive drop. It then didn't last long on Live either with it's mediocre multiplayer..... small battles, only two factions, and the whole hero ability concept quickly led to players always playing the same "best" heroes.

They could have done more, really would have been great to get the Flood as playable in the game since the game already pretty much had a full Flood faction in the game for the campaign, they coulda just made it playable in MP with some additions and it would have greatly expanded the game.

sgnhh

Neo Member
Extremely happy to see Trials HD at the top of the XBLA list. I hadn't anticipated buying any of the summer of arcade titles, but quickly became addicted to the Trials HD demo. Now I just have to finish Inferno II.

JdFoX187

Banned
Major Williams said:
There were a number of things working against it. The fact that it was Halo really sold more titles than any other game with the same mechanics. It's still the best Halo story in video games yet and has some of the best cinematics and music of the series so far, but as an RTS, it was weak, at best.

The multiplayer could have been fun. But a weak selection of maps, too few gametypes and unbalanced heroes really hurt the game. Then they decide to add in some great gametypes, but charge them. The player base splintered and quickly disappeared. It's a shame.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Shake Appeal said:
It was a more than decent RTS by console standards. One of the best, really. Even more of an achievement was their competent handling of the Halo license.

R.I.P. Ensemble.
Darwnia+ is a much, much better console RTS. But that game doesn't have the same brand power, unfortunately.

Also, wow at Trials HD. Eat more crow, doubters.

Booshka

I'd like to see how BF 1943 stacks up with the retail titles, I think its popularity fell off after about 2-3 weeks. I still play it, I've put in more hours than most of my friends (around 60 hrs), but I feel it doesn't have the staying power I thought it would. Luckily, there are always games, and the servers are still solid, so that's all good. I just wonder what number it would be on the top 10 overall Live activity, if it's on there at all.

Top Bottom