• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Activity for week of June 29th

Accident

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Halo 3
2 Call of Duty: WaW
3 Call of Duty 4
4 Gears of War 2
5 GTA IV
6 FIFA 09
7 Left 4 Dead
8 UFC 2009 Undisputed
9 Fallout 3
10 Rock Band 2

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions purchased)

1 Worms 2: Armageddon
2 Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
3 THE KING OF FIGHTERS'98 ULTIMATE MATCH
4 Castle Crashers
5 UNO
6 Hasbro Family Game Night**
7 Worms
8 Sonic The Hedgehog 3
9 GAROU -MARK OF THE WOLVES-
10 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Classic Arcade

The above arcade list is based on full versions purchased.
**Combined sales of all Hasbro Family Game Night titles

Original Xbox Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Halo 2
2 Star Wars: Battlfrnt 2
3 Counter-Strike
4 Fable
5 Splinter Cell Chaos
6 Conker: Live Reloaded
7 Doom 3
8 Star Wars: Battlefront
9 SW: Republic Commando
10 SW: KOTOR

Top Community Games (Full Versions purchased)

1 Kodu Game Lab
2 RC-AirSim
3 myFishtank
4 A Perfect Massage
5 A Morons Challenge
6 Illusions 360
7 DrumKit
8 Rumble Massage
9 Shiatsu Massage
10 Aquarium HD

soldat7

Accident said:
Top Community Games (Full Versions purchased)[/B]

1 Kodu Game Lab
2 RC-AirSim
3 myFishtank
4 A Perfect Massage
5 A Morons Challenge
6 Illusions 360
7 DrumKit
8 Rumble Massage
9 Shiatsu Massage

10 Aquarium HD

wat

chubigans said:
No Ghostbusters? No Red Faction? :(

Yea I am bummed about Red Faction... it never did chart on the top 10. (from what I remember).. the game does seem to have a solid following and it is never more than a few seconds to find a game.

Mamesj

Banned
3 massage games in the top 10....is that a record?

we should create a ton of massage games and see if we can make the whole top 10 massage games. They can't be that tough to program...

gogo KOF '98 UM

I bought it, but I haven't played it thanks to my SFIV addiction and trying out BlazBlue :/

RB2 warms my heart. I'm going to return to the game after having fun with some local friends this past weekend

Mamesj said:
3 massage games in the top 10....is that a record?

we should create a ton of massage games and see if we can make the whole top 10 massage games. They can't be that tough to program...

Needs better names and fun mascots.

Think DELORIS AND MULVA MASSAGE FEVER.

aries_71

People only plays the Big Five: Halo3, CoD4, C:WaW, Gears2 and GTA4.

It saddens me many great games do not even chart briefly in such activity lists.

Mamesj

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Needs better names and fun mascots.

Think DELORIS AND MULVA MASSAGE FEVER.

Yes, that's what these games are missing. We could take this market by storm.

Bea Arthur's Sensual Massage ftw

aries_71 said:
People only plays the Big Five: Halo3, CoD4, C:WaW, Gears2 and GTA4.

It saddens me many great games do not even chart briefly in such activity lists.

People only play the big five due to their multiplayer modes and the installed base the single player of those games provide.

Smaller titles, games that don't sell as well, and games that don't have a multiplayer mode all will suffer in a list system like that. It is what it is. A numbers game.

Mamesj

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
People only play the big five due to their multiplayer modes and the installed base the single player of those games provide.

Smaller titles, games that don't sell as well, and games that don't have a multiplayer mode all will suffer in a list system like that. It is what it is. A numbers game.

yeah, it's getting to the point where they need to make some more lists to keep this interesting.

COD6 will be the 6th game with a permanent spot on that list come Fall. And if ODST gets a separate listing, that too.

Mamesj said:
yeah, it's getting to the point where they need to make some more lists to keep this interesting.

COD6 will be the 6th game with a permanent spot on that list come Fall. And if ODST gets a separate listing, that too.

They probably wouldn't be able to do anything until the next system if they even wanted to which I doubt they do. Obviously the sort of logical thing to do would be to have a true multiplayer list and a true single player list and have flags in the game to detect either but even single player games blur the lines nowadays with co-op modes.

Gowans

Magic must be doing really really well.

The 360 retail release is pretty useless now though with all the giants at the top, really wish they would make that top 20, it looks like nobody is playing anything new at all.

Also GTA IV is still rocking up there but I tried the online last week and couldn't find a game at all.

Mamesj said:

ODST will have a separate listing.

I expect MW2's arrival will simply supplant COD4 from the list.

Halo 3 will take a hit from ODST but should still hang around near the top for a bit.

DuckRacer

Stoney Mason said:
They probably wouldn't be able to do anything until the next system if they even wanted to which I doubt they do. Obviously the sort of logical thing to do would be to have a true multiplayer list and a true single player list and have flags in the game to detect either but even single player games blur the lines nowadays with co-op modes.
They could always extend the list to a Top 20.

Dunlop

Rlan said:
Current boards for the 2 player online mode show nearly 40,000 players, so yes, it's doing very, very well.

I'm pissed that I was too busy this weekend and missed a chance to renew my LIVE for like $40 : ( I swore that I would not renew LIVE again until I snagged a good deal

I'm dying to play this online, the only thing holding me back is the rampant people Dc'ing before they lose that I hear about. Hope they patch that soon

Glad it's doing well though, it's a great game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Dunlop said:
I'm pissed that I was too busy this weekend and missed a chance to renew my LIVE for like $40 : ( I swore that I would not renew LIVE again until I snagged a good deal

I'm dying to play this online, the only thing holding me back is the rampant people Dc'ing before they lose that I hear about. Hope they patch that soon

Glad it's doing well though, it's a great game.
Well people get a loss and a hit to their rating now for dc'ing, and the winners get a win. Don't think they could do too much more, other than perhaps showing the # of DCs an opponent has (currently all you can see is your trueskill rating, and that's it) and letting you sort by DC% (FIFA does this). I've proudly 100%'d it; really looking forward to the DLC.

Mamesj

Banned
B-Rad Lascelle said:
I expect MW2's arrival will simply supplant COD4 from the list.

that's what they said about WaW, but people think it's because it's a non-IW COD. I don't know...I think CoD4 will still be on there after MW2.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Akia said:
I think lots of the Red Faction owners are caught up in the single player.
If they are connected to XBL when playing the game, then it counts as a UU.

ultron87

People are still playing GTAIV? Are they playing it online?

Or just tooling around in the singleplayer?

That surprises me that it made #5.

Dunlop

AstroLad said:
Well people get a loss and a hit to their rating now for dc'ing, and the winners get a win. Don't think they could do too much more, other than perhaps showing the # of DCs an opponent has (currently all you can see is your trueskill rating, and that's it) and letting you sort by DC% (FIFA does this). I've proudly 100%'d it; really looking forward to the DLC.

Ah that's cool, I didn't realize they patched it. Not much more you could ask for. I could just picture getting into a 45 minute match and having someone DC and walking away with nothing

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Dunlop said:
Ah that's cool, I didn't realize they patched it. Not much more you could ask for. I could just picture getting into a 45 minute match and having someone DC and walking away with nothing
Yeah, tbh though Ranked is a bit unrewarding because all you have is that silly TrueSkill (and even that you have to go to your leaderboards to see). It's very much a ragequit friendly game though. I think last time I played ranked some guy beat me, then I was about to beat him and he DC'd. Pure class. I sent him a PM telling him they count DCs as losses now, just as a public service.

Struct09

AstroLad said:
Peggle's been out of the Top 10 for a few weeks now. TIME TO DROP THE DLC, POPCAP.

The XBLA list is based on sales during that week, and I don't think that PopCap releasing DLC would cause a big influx of people buying Peggle. They probably have to do something like dropping the price if they want it to return to the top 10.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Struct09 said:
The XBLA list is based on sales during that week, and I don't think that PopCap releasing DLC would cause a big influx of people buying Peggle. They probably have to do something like dropping the price if they want it to return to the top 10.
I think it would. Enough to get them back into the Top 10. I believe it's happened with other lesser-known games. Plus they've supposedly been planning on DLC since release, so it's coming out either way. But it's PopCap so who knows if that means next week or 2010. I wouldn't price drop it. Easily one of the best values on XBLA.

kuYuri

ultron87 said:
People are still playing GTAIV? Are they playing it online?

Or just tooling around in the singleplayer?

That surprises me that it made #5.

Games go on the list based on gamertags signing into Xbox Live while playing the game, they don't necessarily have to be playing multiplayer online for it to count.

Top Bottom