• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | May 2015 | The Huntsmen Cometh

malfcn

9XoNA3p.png

This thread is constantly evolving to have information up to date.
While this thread strives to cover a wide range of info, new threads are welcome.
DEGbdfR.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

05 | Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
08 | Ultratron
08 | Slice Zombies for Kinect
12 | AirMech Arena
12 | Project CARS
13 | Lifeless Planet: Premier Edition
13 | Schrodinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark
15 | Nero
15 | Toro
19 | Farming Simulator 15
19 | The Witcher: Wild Hunt
20 | Mega Coin Squad
22 | Spy Chameleon
27 | Rogue Legacy
29 | Badland: GOTY Edition
29 | Beach Buggy Racing

Downloadable Content
19 | Destiny: House of Wolves
30 | Halo 3: ODST

Apps
12 | CarbonTV

5Z3LDWG.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

00 | ...

Downloadable Content
19 | Destiny: House of Wolves

VfUyeKp.png

Earn free games for being an XBL Gold member.
Xbox 360 titles are yours to keep forever: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the 15th.
On the 16th a new title becomes free to purchase until the end of the month.
Xbox One titles are yours to keep during subscription: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the end of the month.

Xbox One
00 | CastleStorm: Definitive Edition
00 | Pool Nation FX

Xbox 360
01 | Mafia II
16 | F1 2013

qtTPlzj.png

0UXywn9.png

System Versions and Update notes.
May also contain important patch information.

Xbox One
04.06.15| OS 6.2.12710.0 (xb_rel_1504.150329-2200) fre // Controller Firmware 1.2.2236.0

Party chat improvements
  • The party app will help you get your microphone enabled and show you when privacy settings or networking issues are blocking communication
    with particular party members.
Game hub links update
  • You can more easily discover game hub content from activity feed items. You’ll see activity feed items when any of your friends follow a game,
    and you’ll also be able to get back to a game’s hub from activity feed posts related to the game – including feed items about the game’s achievements,
    game clips and screenshots.
  • We’ve added a link to game hubs from the game’s page in the achievements app.
Achievement notifications update
  • You will now see the achievement’s description in the notification so you know what you did to earn this achievement without having to
    open the achievements app.
  • We increased the time that an achievement notification is displayed.
  • We also made some performance improvements to make loading the achievements app from a notification faster.
What’s On area
  • The What’s On area is now available for Xbox One users in the U.S., Canada, and the UK.
  • In it, you’ll find links to popular videos, games, movies, TV shows, game broadcasts and clips, along with Trending TV shows if you
    have configured OneGuide for your Xbox One console.
Additional Details
Xbox 360
12.11.14 | Dashboard 2.0.17150.0

Increase Storage Capacity
  • Support Hard Disk 500GB.

ZkSSXRg.png

byqIdxe.png

Climb back through time and see how we got here.
These links provide a glimpse of discussion and information as it happened.

04.2015 | No Joke! Ports and Sequels
03.2015 | We All Scream for Ori
02.2015 | Games find a Way
01.2015 | Beginning with Horror
12.2014 | Beta for the Holidays
11.2014 | Jump In! The Collection is Fine
10.2014 | The Delirium Within
09.2014 | Push back the Darkness
08.2014 | Hot Maddening Nights
07.2014 | Drinkbox Juan - All in One Luchador
06.2014 | Something to do with EEEs
05.2014 | Doge & Order - Special Games Unit
04.2014 | Springtime Watersports
03.2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot
02.2014 | Don't call it a Drought
01.2014 | Definitively Bigger & Blacker
11.2013 | Jump In! The Resolution is Fine

RoKKeR

Great thread as always. In for Witcher and maybe Project Cars this month. Finally some heavy hitting games coming out.

Hey, does anyone know if I can use Xbox credit in conjunction with a credit/debit card? I'm only like 50 cents short of getting a game and I don't want to have to charge it all to my card and leave the Xbox money sitting there.

Also, so annoyed that I bought DD: Arisen a month ago for $40 and then it goes on sale for $10 this week.

Vert boil

Hey, does anyone know if I can use Xbox credit in conjunction with a credit/debit card? I'm only like 50 cents short of getting a game and I don't want to have to charge it all to my card and leave the Xbox money sitting there.

Also, so annoyed that I bought DD: Arisen a month ago for $40 and then it goes on sale for $10 this week.

Yep, but you have to do it on your console.
Buy normally with your card and you'll get a popup after you buy it asking if you wanted to use your MS account balance.

Montresor

Nothing for me this month since I'm working my way through old games, but I will eventually get Wolfenstein Old Blood and Witcher 3.

I have $102.44 that's going away June 1st, seems I have a few threads to go through while I fill my 360's hard drive with the fruits of my spending spree. Any quick recommendations that aren't cross-gen or otherwise available on PC?

Finally back from the dead.

I'll check out Lifeless Planet (pending reviews) and probably pick up Witcher 3 at some point. Playing through the Witcher 2 right now in preparation.

malfcn

Looks like the steel book from BBY is now OOS for The Witcher.

I have $102.44 that's going away June 1st, seems I have a few threads to go through while I fill my 360's hard drive with the fruits of my spending spree. Any quick recommendations that aren't cross-gen or otherwise available on PC?

TItanfall, RE? Have a 360 too?

I have Witcher 3 pre-loaded and can't wait. Just finished Chapter 5 of Old Blood, and the game is fantastic. I was optimistic, but it's even better than I expected.

I feel like I dodged a bullet with Project Cars. So close to pre-ordering it on several occasions. My backlog and Forza 6 on the horizon is really the only reason I didn't.

malfcn

I've got to do some updating!
But tonight and tomorrow will be in preparation for Rock on the Range with Slipknot.

(And we are getting a house soon.)

So I gave up on the Witcher 2 in preparation for the Witcher 3. The combination of the terrible to navigate second town along with the awful map system were driving me nuts.

That said, I'm still interested in the Witcher 3. Dunno if I'll get it at launch, though.

Also, Rogue Legacy cannot come sooner. Super excited to play through that for the first time!

I loaded up Xbox Fitness today and noticed some heavy advertising, a full screen "Go Commando" ad for Cottonelle (toilet paper). Not sure what that has to do with exercising, but hopefully it'll result in some more free programs.

I loaded up Xbox Fitness today and noticed some heavy advertising, a full screen "Go Commando" ad for Cottonelle (toilet paper). Not sure what that has to do with exercising, but hopefully it'll result in some more free programs.
Saw that today too. Don't think it has anything to do with new workout programs. I clicked on it and it entered me in a contest.

Takao

Banned
I have a 360 and got an email notice from MS that a $5 promo voucher in my account is expiring soon. Any cheap recommendations? Any known sales pending? I don't use my 360 very often and I don't have an XB1, so I'd rather not buy a points card and use it in combination.

I got the same email from xbox that my promotion balance of $4.50 and $5 are expiring. So I decided to buy Slender The Arrival. I finished the game under 3 hours which was disappointing because I wanted more out of that game.
Seeing the character getting dragged by something at the end, then seeing the credits made me say "that's it?".
I even got the speed runner achievement lol. I don't feel any regret since the game was good imo, but my only gripe was that the game was too short.

Edit: I just checked my speed runner achievement, which states "Beat the game under 45 minutes". I don't know whether I should feel more disappointed or happy about that.

malfcn

Wtf. Just found a day one gold card at Target, lol. Full price though, wanted Shago.
Did not buy, didn't want it that bad.

malfcn

How is everyone's month going? Still playing TW3? I'm still ploughing through TW2.
Now that we have GWG for June, I can whip up next month's thread.

Obviously Arkham Knight. Then there is DMC4:SE and...ODST?

Ohmbrew

Wtf. Just found a day one gold card at Target, lol. Full price though, wanted Shago.

it's unfortunate they charged you full price. Back in September 2014, when I bought my second XB1, I was having a long conversation with the store gaming rep, and he mentioned they had some old Day One Gold cards, but weren't supposed to be selling them on the shelves, so he sold them to me at half price. Got two of them for $30 each!

The bad part about this experience was that he was actually trying to tell me that 65% of new XB1's were defective and that I should buy a PS4 instead. It's a good thing I already knew what I wanted and had an XB1 since day one. But if I was a new customer who didn't know too much about the next gen consoles, it would have scared the daylights out of me. I was pretty ticked at the misinformation he was spreading at the time. And this was at a major electronics outlet in Canada.

malfcn

it's unfortunate they charged you full price. Back in September 2014, when I bought my second XB1, I was having a long conversation with the store gaming rep, and he mentioned they had some old Day One Gold cards, but weren't supposed to be selling them on the shelves, so he sold them to me at half price. Got two of them for $30 each.

Nice! I passed on it, because no way I am paying $60-65 for a Gold membership. Wish I would have kept the DPCI number.

Lot of games in June. Elder Scrolls Online is a big one.

Forgot about ESO since it has no place on my radar. The feedback I heard from PC players, at least in beta days was it was bad bad.

malfcn

Halo 3: ODST makes it in time for May. Such an awesome game. It is up there in terms of best Halo for me.
If you have MCC, and didn't get ODST for free, $5 is a steal.

I just spent the last $4.51 getting sonic & knuckles and three picture pack for ST. I had around $19 which I spent on slender man the arrival which left me $9.51. I really wish I could pay the difference but I can't do it which sucks. I was thinking of getting Garou Mark of the Wolves or Street Rage game where it has 1, 2, and 3. Instead I had to spend the rest on fatal furry special, sonic & knuckles, and picture packs. Even though those were promotional balances, I still feel that I've wasted money. Again, if only I could use the xbox money then pay the difference, I would've been fine with that.

malfcn

I just dropped a big thread in Gaming on the curation of the Xbox Store here.

While going through it, I see they now have the demos listed at the very bottom of a pane.
Things are likely to be hidden down there. But does this mean the Game Demo Central app is now worthless? I never used it, but it was a stop gap at the time of release.

I just spent the last $4.51 getting sonic & knuckles and three picture pack for ST. I had around $19 which I spent on slender man the arrival which left me $9.51. I really wish I could pay the difference but I can't do it which sucks. I was thinking of getting Garou Mark of the Wolves or Street Rage game where it has 1, 2, and 3. Instead I had to spend the rest on fatal furry special, sonic & knuckles, and picture packs. Even though those were promotional balances, I still feel that I've wasted money. Again, if only I could use the xbox money then pay the difference, I would've been fine with that.

While I've never tried, I thought you could split currency payments.
Maybe it is only possible with certain types of currency.

While I've never tried, I thought you could split currency payments.
Maybe it is only possible with certain types of currency.

I tried the change payment option, but it won't let me select my xbox currency. I should've done research if it's possible to split currencies before making that decision. What's done is done.

Top Bottom