• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live: Rainbow 6 III > Halo 2

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Halo 2 is a good game and all, but I don't find online play can top the intensity of R6:3. They're two very different types of games, but if I had to choose one game to be the best on X-Box Live, R6:3 would be the game chosen. More emotion comes out in R6:3 matches, than the cartoon violence of Halo 2.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Can you play CTF in R63?

I only have ghost recon; anyway a slow intense game of CTF would be great fun!

If not what multiplayer modes are there?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Wait.. you get emotional over online games? RS3 is fun, but I get tired of people bitching at me by not doing exactly what they want me to do..

FWIW, Midtown Madness 3 is still > *. Too bad no one plays it anymore.

Andy787

Banned
It's funny, because Rainbow Six 3 is far better on the PC, too. I guess that about wraps it up for Xbox Live.

Brimstone

Do The Mario said:
Can you play CTF in R63?

I only have ghost recon; anyway a slow intense game of CTF would be great fun!

If not what multiplayer modes are there?

R6:3 isn't about a paticular game mode. Team survival is what most people play online, which is two teams hunting down and killing each other before the timer runs out.The focus of R6:3 isl "being in the moment" while hunting down your enemy. Damage from weapons is very lethal, so making the best tactical decision is crucial. You tend to move slow and lean around corners to take a peek to see what or who is there. Working as a team feels more rewarding than Halo 2. You pick what main, secondary, and equipment like grenades you want before the round starts. Unlike Halo 2 you''re not trying to search for weapons, so it feels more like a duel of skill against your opponents.

CTF doesn't exist in R6:3. At least I've never seen that mode before.

I've more or less given up playing online with my PC. I'm sick of the cheaters/hackers that destroy popular online games. It has taken me a while to get comfortable with a gamepad for FPS's, and it wasn't easy switch from a keyboard mouse combo. Xbox Live the only way to enjoy online gaming these days. At least it is for me.

pilonv1

R6: BA has a CTF mode (Retrival) and a KOTH style game. I wouldn't say its better than Halo 2, but it's just as fun.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Should I Buy Black arrow or just Plain rainbow 6 3?

Whats the difference?

Can I play the same people online on both?

Bog

Junior Ace
I dig Halo 2 online, but so far I have to agree. Rainbow Six 3 has just been more fun.

If you love Rainbow 6 III's multiplayer then you have to be a certified camper supreme.

Seriously, I tried to play some R6III on Live! once, and all I ran across was a bunch of camping morons. And with R6III's you really don't have to aim to get head shot reticle system, you campers must be in hog's heaven.

I give this thread and it's starter a warning of "stop camping or be kicked".

jedimike

Two different games... You have your twitch games (Halo2, UC, Unreall II) and then you have your strategy games (All things Tom Clancy).

So really, I just think you enjoy the thinking games more than twitch games.*

* Yes, I realize you have to think in Halo2 and there is some twitch involved in R6III.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Halo 2 by leaps and bounds. I'd give it to it just based on controls. And I've got nothing against, slower tactical play (I love Socom 2 and I'm getting Ghost Recon 2) but the maps in this game just make it a constrained experience. No prone, strange hit detection, etc. This sort of game is totally boring having both teams as Rainbow members, etc. as well. It has a lot of good online features, including co-op, but it's just not compelling at all. Halo 2 just rocks all over it.

Halo 2 is way more intense than R63 IMO. My clan and I have been in some BRUTAL matches so far and I have to say, the major clan matches top anything I've ever played online. You can't beat a heated game between two seasoned clans. Get your clan up to level 8 or so and then you can talk. :)

Brimstone

R6:3 is only $15 used these days. You can't really go wrong trying it out.

Both Halo 2 and R6:3 have a medium length learning curve for online gameplay. Knowing the maps and becoming very familar with them is key in either game.

The weapons in R6:3 are way more satisfying. Firing a gun in R6:3 feels like you're using a tool of destruction. The force feedback for gun recoil is excellent as are the gunfire sounds. Grenades in R6:3 are far more devastating and have to be used more strategically.

epmode

Uno Ill Nino said:
no, he's right. if your target's head is anywhere in the reticle, all rounds fired automatically home in on it, generally ignoring the much larger torso/arms/legs. seems like it's easier to get headshots from a distance. with the m16, at least.

and rainbow six 3's online mode stands up to halo 2's, but definitely not black arrow's. that game was far too rushed. poorly designed maps, lots of glitches, shitty new modes.. give me rs3's team survival any day.

Ramirez

If it's anything like Splinter Cell it can take a hike...seriously I got so fuckin sick of my teammates whining when I would mess up...game was a blast with friends who didn't take it too seriously though.

Bog said:
That's pretty much all I had to read to dismiss your point.

And by "once" I really meant throughout course of couple days because of my buddy who insisted. So you can shove your dismissal up your ass.

Uno Ill Nino said:

I guess you haven't seen that infamous video..... Get them in the red circle! Instant head shot!

Brimstone

Ramirez said:
If it's anything like Splinter Cell it can take a hike...seriously I got so fuckin sick of my teammates whining when I would mess up...game was a blast with friends who didn't take it too seriously though.

What online game doesn't have teamates whining when they loose? The bitching by those owned online has been offically declared by the surgeon general as some sort of syndrome. Spong syndrome or also known as grasping at straws to make it look like you know what you're talking about.

shpankey

not an idiot
Rodriguez said:
You douche bags got it all wrong. RTCW is the best XBL game.
until halo 2 i would have agreed with you, but it definately #2 and above everything other than halo 2

teepo

am i crazy thinking socom2 is just as fun online then halo2.

halo2 is still a better lan game then an online one.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
halo 2 lan with all of you having a live account is the best way to play. 4 of you in the same room vs the world rocks.

R6 III online was really fun in some instances, but I could never get over the garbage aiming reticle / hit detection system and unbalanced weapons. At least when you're aiming at someone in Halo 2, and you press the shoot button, you hit them.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Midtown Madness 3 is still the most 'pure fun' game I've played over live, as said it's too bad no one really plays it anymore (except 12 year olds who whine whine and whine!), it's damn fun.

Halo 2 is the second runner, very very addicting and solid gameplay. One word, EXCELLENT.

Rainbow Six I never really got into on Xbox, I found it too sluggish, in the way your character turned and generally moved. I very much like "realistic" shooters as long as they let me look around "unrealisticly" and not making me feel somewhat physically challenged. I much prefered Ghost Recon over RS, mainly since I like jungles and outside enviorments more than I do urban settings.
Ghost Recon 2 looks neat. :)

shpankey

not an idiot
Mike Works said:
R6 III online was really fun in some instances, but I could never get over the garbage aiming reticle / hit detection system and unbalanced weapons. At least when you're aiming at someone in Halo 2, and you press the shoot button, you hit them.

IAWTP! Well put.

Brimstone

Mike Works said:

Unbalanced weapons?

Yeah, the plasma sword is extremley balanced. On a CTF match just guard the flag, watch your radar for an enemy and you get an easy kill. Then you have the other weapons that do such minimal damage, Nerf should have trademark rights on them.

To defend both games though, they do allow for certain weapons to be turned off when you host a game. The grenade launcher in R6:3 is very unbalanced.

R6:3 aiming is fine. Your accuracy is going to drop if your running around at full speed trying to hit a target.

Ramirez

What online game doesn't have teamates whining when they loose?

I've never heard the amount of crying I heard in SC when I played it online.I would tell my teammates that I was new to the game and they would still whine and cry like I should know every little detail about a map.

Top Bottom