• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Top 10 for Week of July 6th (wow at BF1943)

Sean

Banned
HUGE debut for Battlefield 1943

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Halo 3
2 Call of Duty: WaW
3 Call of Duty 4
4 Gears of War 2
5 Battlefield 1943
6 GTA IV
7 FIFA 09
8 Left 4 Dead
9 UFC 2009 Undisputed
10 Fallout 3

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions purchased)
1 Battlefield 1943
2 N+
3 Worms 2: Armageddon
4 Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
5 Castle Crashers
6 UNO
7 HASBRO FAMILY GAME NIGHT **
8 Hasbro Family Game Night
9 Sonic The Hedgehog 3
10 THE KING OF FIGHTERS'98 ULTIMATE MATCH

The above arcade list is based on full versions purchased.
**Combined sales of all Hasbro Family Game Night titles

Original Xbox Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Halo 2
2 Star Wars: Battlfrnt 2
3 Counter-Strike
4 Fable
5 Splinter Cell Chaos
6 Conker: Live Reloaded
7 Doom 3
8 Star Wars: Battlefront
9 SW: Republic Commando
10 SW: KOTOR

Top Community Games (Full Versions purchased)
1 Kodu Game Lab
2 RC-AirSim
3 myFishtank
4 A Perfect Massage
5 Urban Art Gallery
6 Shiatsu Massage
7 A Morons Challenge
8 Sketch
9 DrumKit
10 Illusions 360
These lists are based on global unique users connected to Xbox Live or in the case of Arcade and Community Games, full versions purchased during the week.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/14/live-activity-for-week-of-july-6th.aspx

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wow.

Has a downloadable game ever cracked the top 5 before?

I wonder if this will also be a huge boon for Battlefield: Bad Company 2's sales.

MMaRsu

Next week it might be in the top 4. So good. Give me more maps DICE! I will buy them at a high price!

Rlan

Castle Crashers was able to hit 6th place in its second week. Its first week was at 7th place.

BF1943 is well over 200,000 players now, and I imagine a whole lot more. Maybe 300,000? Damn leaderboard statistics aren't working.

Gowans

A good deal of the week on something people want at a big discount and it does really well. Good on n+

7 HASBRO FAMILY GAME NIGHT **
8 Hasbro Family Game Night

Huh?!?!

Battlefield is a beast, wonder where it is next week.

Tomcat

Arjen said:
I hope BF kicks that broken piece of shit that is Gears2 from the 4th spot.

i think it has a good chance to do it but it cant stay at this position for too long unless they will release a new map pack. 3 maps are going to get boring very soon.

acm2000

Arjen said:

umm, UU counts single player aswell, single player GoW2 is far from broken, its amazing, and multiplayer horde is amazing too

Arjen

acm2000 said:
umm, UU counts single player aswell, single player GoW2 is far from broken, its amazing, and multiplayer horde is amazing too

I don't know how much people are still playing single player, but indeed it was amazing
And Horde is pretty fun, if the host doesn't quit or presses the freakin pause button to be annoying all the time

acm2000

Arjen said:
I don't know how much people are still playing single player, but indeed it was amazing
And Horde is pretty fun, if the host doesn't quit or presses the freakin pause button to be annoying all the time

play with friends... i hardly ever play with randoms, its no fun

Akia

bigGIRLSblouse said:
Yep.. very sad. In fact last night a group of 5 of us were trying to find games and only Seige had more than 1 game going.. not a good sign.

That's because everyone (including me) was playing Anarchy last night.

Sean

Banned
Arjen said:

Let's be fair though, it's not like BF1943 had the smoothest launch either. It's had numerous problems (like not being able to join games at all) and still has issues like the freezing/lock-ups.

LM4sure

Banned
Fairly impressive. I guess the 360 version wins out over the PS3 version only due to the sheer number of people playing online. When I tried the PS3 version, it was empty. I was wondering around the map for ten minutes before I came across another player! You really need a lot of people playing in a match to make it enjoyable I suppose.

xbhaskarx

I think there's a good chance Battlefield will be higher than 5 next week, now that the server problems have been fixed, and it should be #1 among XBLA games for a while.
And I would also like to use this occasion to ask for a map pack.

Glad to see Kodu #1 among Community Games, and that Worms is finally out of the XBLA top ten, hopefully that's permanent.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
That's pretty damn good for an arcade title.
Also N+ at number two? Did i miss something this week or did it just hit an unexpected surge of buyers?

Either way 1943 deserves its place in that high spot for sure.

Sean

Banned
Cindres said:
Also N+ at number two? Did i miss something this week or did it just hit an unexpected surge of buyers?

Either way 1943 deserves its place in that high spot for sure.

N+ was the Xbox Live deal of the week for XBL Gold members, it was on sale for 400 points (half off).

xbhaskarx

Cindres said:

N+ was on sale, it was the Deal of the Week. Next week expect to see Ikaruga somewhere in the top 10 as it's only $5.
beaten

xbhaskarx

LM4sure said:
When I tried the PS3 version, it was empty. I was wondering around the map for ten minutes before I came across another player!

That... shouldn't really be the case. The PS3 may only have approximately half as many people as the 360, but that would still be plenty of people to populate games, considering they're 12 on 12 and even the PS3 version has passed 20 million kills already.

xbhaskarx said:
That... shouldn't really be the case. The PS3 may only have approximately half as many people as the 360, but that would still be plenty of people to populate games, considering they're 12 on 12 and even the PS3 version has passed 20 million kills already.

I think he just happened to jump into a server that was VERY slow in replacing people. BC had the same problem.. often when a large number of people leave a game it can take a while for the server to replace them.

I dislike 1943, think it looks rather dull for a next gen game and could benefit from some more FSAA or something.

*mobbed by battlefiend fans*

LM4sure

Banned
bigGIRLSblouse said:
I think he just happened to jump into a server that was VERY slow in replacing people. BC had the same problem.. often when a large number of people leave a game it can take a while for the server to replace them.

Maybe I'll give it another try. I'll have to re-download it though because I deleted it out of rage.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It's not often that an xbla title cracks the overall top 10 right? In the top 5 at that! Rlan mentioned Castle Crashers, but are there more?

Arjen

Sean said:
Let's be fair though, it's not like BF1943 had the smoothest launch either. It's had numerous problems (like not being able to join games at all) and still has issues like the freezing/lock-ups.

True, but they fixed the joining problem pretty quik
Gears is out 7 months and is still plagued by lag and glitches

LM4sure said:
Maybe I'll give it another try. I'll have to re-download it though because I deleted it out of rage.

So were you just playing the demo? Perhaps most people buy the game so the demo servers are empty. Not to mention you only get 30 min to play.. so most move on to the full game I would assume.

acm2000

Diablohead said:
I dislike 1943, think it looks rather dull for a next gen game and could benefit from some more FSAA or something.

*mobbed by battlefiend fans*

i believe frostbite engine doesnt support AA on consoles sadly

bigGIRLSblouse said:
So were you just playing the demo? Perhaps most people buy the game so the demo servers are empty. Not to mention you only get 30 min to play.. so most move on to the full game I would assume.
That's a bit shit. So when I get around to trying out the demo there basically wont be anyone left playing?

Cheech

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I am just glad that Magic the Gathering has staying power. It is the best 10 bucks I have ever spent on a game.

I don't know if the economy is spurring game companies to drop these titles for cheaper than $20, but between the $25 I spent for Magic and BF1943, that's damn near a whole summer's worth of gaming.

Diablohead said:
I like 1943, think it looks great and plays great which is the most important part for a $15 arcade game and could benefit from some more DLC or something.

*mobbed by battlefield fans handjobs*

fixed.

Top Bottom