• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Top 10 for Week of July 6th (wow at BF1943)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Sean said:
N+ was the Xbox Live deal of the week for XBL Gold members, it was on sale for 400 points (half off).

xbhaskarx said:
N+ was on sale, it was the Deal of the Week. Next week expect to see Ikaruga somewhere in the top 10 as it's only $5.
beaten

Ahh ok, well then that definitely worked out for them.
Shit 1943 must be selling well, will we ever see proper numbers?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Sean said:
N+ was the Xbox Live deal of the week for XBL Gold members, it was on sale for 400 points (half off).

Which is well worth it I must add. I picked it up solely for the multiplayer campaign, and it's awesome.

Cheech said:
I don't know if the economy is spurring game companies to drop these titles for cheaper than $20, but between the $25 I spent for Magic and BF1943, that's damn near a whole summer's worth of gaming.

I have convinced 6 people to buy the game at work. All but one was a Magic virgin. Amazingly though, I can't get my Magic playing brother to buy the XBLA game.

acm2000

Cindres said:
Ahh ok, well then that definitely worked out for them.
Shit 1943 must be selling well, will we ever see proper numbers?

200,000 on 360 alone according to leaderboards i think

GhaleonEB

Akia said:
Agreed, it's really freaking good. People should really give it a chance.
They put a demo out, which I thought was terrible. Maybe it didn't get a good reaction, because I was surprised to see the game get so much praise after trying it.

I'm generally not a fan of military shooters, but I'll download the BF1943 demo tonight and give it a run.

Also: teh Halos. Is Shakira fired yet?

Akia

GhaleonEB said:
They put a demo out, which I thought was terrible. Maybe it didn't get a good reaction, because I was surprised to see the game get so much praise after trying it.

The demo was terrible. But don't let that stop you from picking it up.

The multiplayer is wonderful.

GhaleonEB

Akia said:
The demo was terrible. But don't let that stop you from picking it up.
That's the rub with bad demos: it's the only way I have to see if I like a game or not. I've bought enough games that had good demos that I ended up not liking that I can't risk buying a game with a demo I didn't. Given how it fared, I'm guessing a lot of people landed on that same decision. It's too bad, since everyone seems to love the game.

Besides, my backlog is too large right now. :\

Blueblur1

GhaleonEB said:
That's the rub with bad demos: it's the only way I have to see if I like a game or not. I've bought enough games that had good demos that I ended up not liking that I can't risk buying a game with a demo I didn't. Given how it fared, I'm guessing a lot of people landed on that same decision. It's too bad, since everyone seems to love the game.

Same here (with the backlog). Now don't go and pick a 100 hour(s?) long game out of your backlog to be the first to complete like I did. :p

(After a month, I still haven't finished Persona 3.)

Akia

GhaleonEB said:

Seems like the demo sealed the deal. I look forward to the apologetic LTTP threads over the next year.

hc2

I wonder if 1 versus 100 will be counted when it comes out of beta. I can see it really increasing its audience this fall (when cold dark nights are here and prizes are available).

acm2000

hc2 said:
I wonder if 1 versus 100 will be counted when it comes out of beta. I can see it really increasing its audience this fall (when cold dark nights are here and prizes are available).

prizes start friday i believe in uk

Good to see BF1943 doing so well, most fun I've had online for a long time. Hopefully will have a strong userbase for at least a few months.

Seeing Halo up there week after week really makes me think why MS let bungie slip out of their hands. I guess with the IP locked up its ok, but still!

DrBaalzamon said:
Seeing Halo up there week after week really makes me think why MS let bungie slip out of their hands. I guess with the IP locked up its ok, but still!

Well lets see.. they own the IP like you said plus we know of 2 more Halo games by bungie in the works... so not such a bad gig.

Akia said:
Seems like the demo sealed the deal. I look forward to the apologetic LTTP threads over the next year.

You guys have had a ridiculously long exchange since mentioning the actual title of the game you're talking about, but I'm going to run on the assumption that it's Red Faction:

The demo (single player) was what sold me on the game in the first place, and it's the first demo to do so since the one for Bioshock. I thought it was fucking sweet.

And yeah, it's a crying goddamned shame that RFG can't crack the top 10. It's got incredibly awesome multiplayer, for fuck's sake!

Daigoro

BF43 and Magic TG = the summer of XBLA.

fucking great games. i can barely be bothered to put a disk into my xbox lately.

Petrie

Banned
Blast Processing said:
And yeah, it's a crying goddamned shame that RFG can't crack the top 10. It's got incredibly awesome multiplayer, for fuck's sake!

The MP is far too random and chaotic. Between all the backpacks leading to people jetting around everywhere, and everything around always collapsing, it's far too random to be any fun for this guy.

Feindflug

Arjen said:
I hope BF kicks that broken piece of shit that is Gears2 from the 4th spot.

QFMFT! Gears 2 is a n00b-friendly broken lagfest...and to the guy that said that the campaign is amazing I somewhat agree that it was definitely more impressive and epic but Gears 2 also lost some of it's magic compared to the first game due to the more open areas/bigger scale - the first gears was all about small areas - rushing to the enemies with the shotgun and the close encounters in general were so much better than killing a locust with a mortar or killing an enemy with the Lancer/Hammerburst from a distance IMO.

Anyway great to hear that the problems of BF1943 have been ironed out...definitely getting the game now. :)

Akia

Blast Processing said:
it's the first demo to do so since the one for Bioshock. I thought it was fucking sweet.

Good lord, that demo was legendary. Talk about the perfect demo.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I tried to play the demo version of 1943 to work last night, but it was a no go so I promptly deleted it. I won't buy an XBLA game I can't demo before purchasing. :lol

Akia

soldat7 said:
I enjoyed the Red Faction demo. It's on my "To Purchase" list, especially after the CO-OP episode.

If you enjoyed the demo then you're bound to have a good time. The demo was terrible in the sense that out of all the missions they could've chose they picked the one that ends with a turret sequence.

JdFoX187

Banned
DrBaalzamon said:
Halo will sell with or without Bungie as long as the quality is good. Besides, I see Halo, at least as a series, going to bigger and better places once we finally get to see what Microsoft's internal Halo team has been doing.

On the other hand, glad to see BF1943 doing well. Just finished a game with MMarsu, fun stuff. I wish more games were released like that.

LunaticPuma said:
I tried to play the demo version of 1943 to work last night, but it was a no go so I promptly deleted it. I won't buy an XBLA game I can't demo before purchasing. :lol
C'mon Puma, it's battlefield :) We need you on there.

GhaleonEB

JdFoX187 said:
Halo will sell with or without Bungie as long as the quality is good. Besides, I see Halo, at least as a series, going to bigger and better places once we finally get to see what Microsoft's internal Halo team has been doing.
Yeah. I'm expecting Microsoft's internal team to put out their Halo shooter in 2011, with Bungie's ODST this fall and Reach next. Then they're off and away on their new IP, and MS takes over Halo fully.

EazyB

Banned
JdFoX187 said:
I'll take that bet. Ya sure do have a lot of faith in an unproven studio. An IP doesn't make a game, not even Halo.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
JdFoX187 said:
C'mon Puma, it's battlefield :) We need you on there.

How do I get past the start-up menu?

Everytime I tried to play it gives me an "Unable to connect" error and that's it. Not very descriptive so I have no idea what to try to do/fix. :lol

ElNino

hc2 said:
I'm not sure how/if 1 vs 100 will show up on these lists, but prizes started last Friday.

Darunia said:
It's not often that an xbla title cracks the overall top 10 right? In the top 5 at that! Rlan mentioned Castle Crashers, but are there more?
TMNT 1989 and Soul Calibur. I'm sure there are a few more.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I have convinced 6 people to buy the game at work. All but one was a Magic virgin. Amazingly though, I can't get my Magic playing brother to buy the XBLA game.
Yes, it is a very awesome game in its own right. I really hope they come out with new DLC decks soon (maybe to coincide with the M10 release?). If only it had online co-op as well....

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:
Yeah. I'm expecting Microsoft's internal team to put out their Halo shooter in 2011, with Bungie's ODST this fall and Reach next. Then they're off and away on their new IP, and MS takes over Halo fully.

LOL That's not going to happen. As long as Bungie still operates as a video game company, there will always be Halos coming from them, with or without a new IP (or two) being thrown around at the same time.

And enough with the "Is shishka fired yet" crap. People don't play Halo in the mindset of "omg shishka you've done a fantastic job at everything regarding my online Halo life that I'm going to play Halo to support your game being on the top ten." If a Starbucks moves to a new, bigger building, customers won't go to the new building because they support the Starbucks executives on the move; they go because they still want their fucking coffee.

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions purchased)
1 Battlefield 1943
2 N+
3 Worms 2: Armageddon
4 Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
5 Castle Crashers
6 UNO
7 HASBRO FAMILY GAME NIGHT **
8 Sonic The Hedgehog 3
9 THE KING OF FIGHTERS'98 ULTIMATE MATCH
10 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Classic Arcade
The XBLA list has been corrected to list the following. Look, Turtles Arcade showed up again. Somehow I think Turtles in Time is going to do well. :lol

Top Bottom