• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yeardley Smith sorta bashes Harry Shearer for his outburst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2004502078,00.html

....One exception was Harry Shearer's outburst in August, when he slammed the show and said it should end.

He claimed the last three series have been the "worst" and said the show was running out of ideas.

Harry, 60, who played Derek Smalls in cult film This Is Spinal Tap, added that he was getting bored of his characters, who also include Burns's assistant Smithers, Reverend Lovejoy and Principal Skinner.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun as Channel 4 prepares to launch The Simpsons, Yeardley says: "Harry gave an interview where he didn't say very nice things about the show.

"And all I can say about that is I certainly didn't agree with his opinions. I have a theory that if you're going to take the money, do the job, put up and shut up. I don't care what that means to you - just do it."

Yeardley, 40, tells how Harry's rant made tensions rise.

The cast work together in a tiny recording studio in Los Angeles and each episode takes seven hours to record.

When asked if they had sent Harry to Coventry and refused to speak to him, Yeardley says: "I wish."

She adds that they are still on speaking terms and says: "You have to, that room is so small and you stand shoulder to shoulder.

"There was no showdown, it was just sad. You just think, 'Everybody else is really very happy and I'm sorry that you aren't.'

"I just don't know that it's appropriate to make that sort of stuff public while the show's still going on. You have to work with these people every day. It was so needless, I didn't get it.

"You still get to do other stuff, we get paid well, it's a show that you can be really proud to hold your head up about - I think.

"I think the writing is still brilliant. But I guess he didn't feel that way. But as long as it doesn't affect the show, I feel like it's Harry's deal."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom