• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You ever called multiple gamestores on a game's ship date? (NFSU2)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
It's funny where I live I'm lucky enough to have within oh 10 mins of here 2 EB's, 1 Gamestop, 1 Funcoland and 1 Gamecrazy.

Not expecting U2 to be in til tomorrow I was surprised when EBGames website reported that the mall down in Bethesda(maybe 20-25 min from here) already had it in stock... so a few quick calls and I discovered one of the close stores had it in too... so I'm headed out in a few minutes... but it's funny answers ranged from:

No
We'll have it on Friday
I think it got pushed back a week.
We have every version except for the GC version.
Yes we've got it in stock.

golem

yea, just struck out with 3 stores on vampire bloodlines... maybe later today i guess

btw how hard is it for retail employees to check stock, every store i called it seemed like they were having an epic struggle with the computer

FnordChan

When Katamari Damancy was released, my local Game Stop told me "tomorrow" three days in a row, at which point I called up EB Games which gave me the answer I wanted to hear: "Yeah, got one right here. Did you preorder? Don't worry about it, I'll set the game aside for you." When I picked it up, the clerk and I ranted about how much we'd been waiting for this game, as opposed to the Game Stop folks who had no idea what I was talking about.

FnordChan

belgurdo

Banned
I wish the managers would take the time to force their underlings to learn about the games they sell. Trying to find out when Shin Megami Tensei came out was in itself an epic RPG-like struggle. :\

FnordChan

belgurdo said:
I wish the managers would take the time to force their underlings to learn about the games they sell. Trying to find out when Shin Megami Tensei came out was in itself an epic RPG-like struggle. :\

It helped to take three Game Stop employees and fuse them together to form a knowledgable employee. Regretably, one died in the process, but that's the way it goes in the Retail Store of Shadows.

FnordChan

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I saw it on the shelf today when I picked up HL2 and Prime 2.

As expected, MGS3 wasn't available yet (ship date was later). Thankfully, the manager is picking them up personally tomorrow morning...so I'll be able to pick that up as well.

bjork

I've never called a game store ever. If I thought something was out, I used it as an excuse to take a trip to the mall.

Top Bottom