• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

you know you want to... help me choose a car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

com096_model_image.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe

or

carshot_rsx_2004_rsxsatinsilver_NH-623M.jpg

Acura RSX

About 3k out of your price range, but these are the two I am currently looking at. I've owned an Integra for a few years now, and an Accord before that. Both are great reliable cars.

honda accord is good car, but not sure why honda still has such a good image for realability.. my honda accord has given me so many fucking problems..

that acura RSX is tight...

scion tC is a great looking car... i dont see the maxima resemblance at all.. and i personally LOVE the look of the maxima.. the new one in particular, but every model since 94/95 has been a looker..

maybe get a used impala? i love a silver impala of the new body style, the look just never gets old for me... (in silver that is.. the white is icky poo poo)..

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
-I just saw a Scion tC outside - pretty cool!
-New Maxima Rocks!
-Acura EL > Civic if you live in Canada...

marko

I'd wait to get the Mazda 3 to they start having rebates on that thing. I think it will happen towards the fall.

The 2000/2001 focus was a recall ridden model. Still a great car though. Newer models are much better, but unfortunately, the focus has taken a hit because of that.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Pochacco said:
-I just saw a Scion tC outside - pretty cool!
-New Maxima Rocks!
-Acura EL > Civic if you live in Canada...

New Maxima is a disaster of a car. Nissan has made it everything it shouldn't be. It's big, uninspired, heavy, and boring to drive. Plus, it's barely faster than an 00/01 and those years had an engine with 50 less HP. Booo and hiss to the new Maxima. The 2005 Altima smokes it

AntoneM

2 pages, I love you guys! Anyway, I've fallen in love with e Scion tC but that doesn't mean I've ruled out a Honda Civic coupe or a Mazda 3... and I'm still a bit sweet on the Staurn Ion.... as far as used, that Toyota MR2 spider has piqued my interest, I sure hope piqued is the proper spelling or else I don't make any sense.

Tekky

LuckyBrand said:
honda accord is good car, but not sure why honda still has such a good image for realability.. my honda accord has given me so many fucking problems..

It's because, ON AVERAGE, they (and Toyota) are the most reliable.

Sure, that doesn't mean that you don't find any duds. But they're unlikely.

Part of the reason that their cars do so well is that they are _designed_ to be more reliable. That means things like they pay attention to where parts go in order to reduce the number of connections -- fewer points of failure = better reliability. This is in contrast to other car makers, where stuff is just designed for fashion and then cost-reduced till it sucks (the Pontiac Fiero is the best example of this, though by no means exclusive).

In regards to what car you get, I also recommend Honda or Toyota due to their better gas mileage than other cars. You think gas prices are high now? Just wait until after the elections. If Bush wins, his Texas oil buddies will stick it to you. If Kerry wins, he'll probably tax it more (to pay for Bush's war).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom