• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Doodles Are Bugged! |OT| This is one buggy game!

boxArt.jpg

Basic Info

Developer: Spyn Doctor Games
Platforms: PC (Steam) and XBLIG
PC Release: April 25th, 2011
XBLIG Release: February 2nd, 2010

Homepage: http://www.spyn-doctor.de/doodles/
PC Version on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/95500/
Standard non-Steam PC Version: http://www.blitz1up.com/YourDoodlesAreBugged
XBLIG Version: http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Your-Doodles-Are-Bugged/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550434

(all Versions have free demos)

Differences between PC and XBLIG version: The PC version has more levels in the main campaign, additional bonus levels, achievements, global leaderboards, Steam cloud storage (in the Steam version), voice-over narrator, more music, but most importantly: The Doodle Studio. Here you can create your own doodles to play through, and to share with friends.
The PC version is played with the mouse or a pen tablet, the XBLIG version with the Xbox controller.

The Story
A magic explosion in the studio of Doodleus the Master Doodler has hexed his pet bugs into his doodles. Doodleus now tries to rescue them and help them out of the doodles, with the help of some enchanted honey and his magic pen.

Gameplay
In each level you play through a new doodle to rescue the bugs that have been hexed into it. Your goal is to help them reach the magic honey. The only help you have is your magic pen, which you use to draw new lines into the doodle, changing the doodle, building roads, bridges and stairs that allow the bugs to reach the honey...
Over the course of the levels, additional difficulties are introduced: A limited amount of ink you can spend (but which you can recover by erasing lines), poison lines that kill the bugs if they touch them, teleport portals, and other stuff.

Videos

Screenshots

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot01_HiRes.jpg

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot02_HiRes.jpg

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot03_HiRes.jpg

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot04_HiRes.jpg

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot05_HiRes.jpg

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot06_HiRes.jpg

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot07_HiRes.jpg

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot08_HiRes.jpg

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot09_HiRes.jpg

YourDoodlesAreBugged_Screenshot10_HiRes.jpg

M3d10n

Does it work with a tablet's absolute coordinates mode? It seems to be totally worth hooking the tablet up to play it if it does.

Vastag said:
Really cute art, I'm going to try the demo.

Yeah, the art sold me on this one. It really fits this game.

M3d10n said:
Does it work with a tablet's absolute coordinates mode? It seems to be totally worth hooking the tablet up to play it if it does.

I've a tablet but haven't tried it yet. The developper is a gaffer so maybe he can comment on this.

JesseZao

This was the first XBIG I bought back when it came out. Fun game to dabble about with doodling. I've found you can cheat by erasing slices of ink off of lines you're already drawn to be able to draw more (ink supply doesn't seem to relate to onscreen volume). Not sure if that's intended or if it's been fixed.

desu

M3d10n said:

To quote the dev:

Spyn Doctor said:
@Caesar III: I would love to try the game on a tablet PC! That's one of the drawbacks of being an indie, that I don't have a huge budget to buy all kinds of hardware to test on. However, the game plays well with a normal pen tablet, so I assume that it will also work well with a tablet PC. And if there's any problem, I'll make sure to patch it!

Doc

Spyn Doctor

Neo Member
Hi everyone!

I have tested the game with my Wacom Bamboo, and it works fine (the same tablet I used to draw the doodles, BTW :).

I actually included an alternative control feature for optimized tablet support:

With the mouse, you draw with the left mouse button and erase with the right mouse button.

On the tablet, the left mouse button simply corresponds to touching the tablet with the pen. So to draw, you only have to touch the tablet. That works fine.
But the right button usually corresponds to a button either on the pen or somewhere on the tablet (however you have configured your tablet). So to erase, you would have to touch the pen to the tablet, but also press whatever button you have configured to correspond to the right mouse button. This can be kind of awkward.

So I included an alternative option for erase: SHIFT + left mouse button. This works with the mouse too, but there, it isn't really useful. It's mainly useful for a tablet: Just hold SHIFT and touch the pen to the tablet to erase.

Doc

Spyn Doctor

Neo Member
FYI: Your Doodles Are Bugged! is currently on sale on Steam (as part of the Steam Summer Camp Sale).

Get it now to save 50%!

Doc

ektoll

I'm bumping this thread because the game is currently on sale (again) on steam for a few bucks, here is my post in the Steam OT thread:

myself said:
Deal of the Day is "Your doodles are bugged" for 2,72€/3,40$, it's a very cute little game made originally for Xbox Live Indie Games by a Gaffer, Spyn Doctor, and here is the OT.

It was on my steam wishlist, bought! :)

Give him some buggy love!

Collete

I just played a bit of this game. It's quite fun in my opinion, but for me it's a bit challenging directing the bugs (perhaps because I'm not good with puzzle games).

The art is pretty cute and the controls are pretty sensitive especially when you erase ink away and if you miss a spot, the bugs will try to hop on the ink blot.

In all though, I like it and will give it another try later.

Top Bottom