• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite fast food burger?

What's the best fast food burger?

• The Big Mac

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • The Whopper

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • A&W Papa Burger

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Carl's Jr. Famous Star

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Wendy's Dave's Single/double

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Five Guy’s

Votes: 29 23.6%
  • Culver’s butterburger

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Whataburger

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • In-N-Out

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Hardee's Thickburgers

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Steak n Shake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Your Own Burger

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • BadBurger

• Good Burger

• Other

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Shake Shack

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
I was torn between Burger King's Whopper and Hardee's Thickburger. In the end, I went with the Thickburger but as to why?

I can't quite put my finger in it...

Kate Upton Burger GIF

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I don't eat fast food burgers, but when I do, I eat Culver's.

Has the taste of a burger crafted exclusively by the hands of white teenagers that go to bible camp every summer and were taught the value of hard work. I think to even be a store manager at a Culver's, you have to prove that your grandparents are still alive and actively talk about how cool the 1950s were.

Doom85

Don’t have a In N Out or Whataburger near me, so gotta go Five Guys (bacon cheeseburger with the works). Culvers’ is great as well, but I think 5 Guys is better.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I used to love five guys but they went from $4.89 to fucking $11.50 in 10 years so fuck them. It's not a $12 burger and the fact that even the little fries are $4 is absolutely fucking shameful. you could go to a real restaurant and get a premium $15 burger that comes with fries instead.

But yes, In and Out is simply magnificent. I had to go to LA a lot for a few years for work but i never minded taking a 5 hour plane ride because i knew there was in n out right at the airport. Everyone else wanted to go to trendy hollywood food network resturants so they can bill the company $400 dinner expenses, but i was fine with a $4 burger and fries.

Shake Shack and Culvers are the only resturants that comes close and thats mostly because their smashburger technique. too many fast food resturants use thicker patties that simply dont get cooked properly in a fast food setting. there is reason why resturant burgers take 10 minutes because you gotta cook that patty for a long time. thinner smashburger style burgers are what everyone else should be using.

P.S Swensons drive through has some sick burgers too. especially the gallyboy or whatever they call it. $4.50 and simple. but i believe its a midwest chain with an even smaller footprint than Culvers. it sucks that shakeshack and whataburger are expanding faster than culvers because culvers has a superior menu. only the shakeshack sauce and bun is better, but that frozen custard is to die for.

lachesis

Kinda surprised Shake Shack is not on the list... and Smashburger too. Maybe that's the East coast thing.

SlimySnake

Kinda surprised Shake Shack is not on the list... and Smashburger too. Maybe that's the East coast thing.
Both are fantastic. Shake Shack's sauce is amazing. Would highly recommend it. Very simple to make at home.

• 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • 3/4 teaspoon ketchup
  • half teaspoon dill pickle sauce
  • pinch of cayene pepper

better than the mayo/ketchup/relish combo in n out uses for their animal style sauce.

I like Five Guys the most but it shouldn't be ranked against cheap burger joints that serve food through a window. And like one poster said 12 bucks for a burger is ridiculous even if it is higher quality.

Also, McDonald's fries haven't been good in 15 years. I'd take Wendy's fries of McDonald's these days which is crazy because Wendy's used to have a reputation for terrible fries until they changed them.

SlimySnake

I like Five Guys the most but it shouldn't be ranked against cheap burger joints that serve food through a window. And like one poster said 12 bucks for a burger is ridiculous even if it is higher quality.

Also, McDonald's fries haven't been good in 15 years. I'd take Wendy's fries of McDonald's these days which is crazy because Wendy's used to have a reputation for terrible fries until they changed them.
Wendys fries used to be trash until they changed them yes, but then they changed them again a few years later. now their fries are simply not as crispy or fresh as they used to be around 2016-2017 despite them promising to offer free fries if they taste stale.

i used to go to a Wendys that was located a few blocks from their corporate HQ and they tested these new fries there before any market. They were excellent almost on par with Five Guys fries. Now they feel soggy, are much smaller, and just dont taste as premium.

P.S yes, Mcdonalds fries have gone downhill. just plain trash nowadays.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
5 guys is good. Combined with a giant bag of fries. For those of you who’ve never had it, their standard burgers come doubled patty by default!

Last edited:

Doom85

Damn, your all’s Five Guys sounds like a rip off. At mine I can get the Bacon burger and medium fries for only about $4 more than a combo meal at most fast food places, and given they give you a mountain of fries and the quality is just overall better than most places it’s worth it.

Also, nah, my McDonalds still has good fries. The Big Mac though, goddamn, it’s gone down in flavor. I mean, it obviously never had the best patty, but it’s borderline shit now. Their regular burgers are still decent, but all my local McD’s Big Macs suck shit these days.

Can’t comment on the Whopper, haven’t had it for years. If I go Burger King, I get the Bacon King.

dave_d

Well it was pretty much Flamers but we don't have those here anymore. They shut down the one in the Prudential Center and replaced it with the fat clown place, Eatley, because (turn on sarcasm) if there's one type of food you can't get in Boston it's Italian food.(turn off sarcasm) For those that don't know the fat clown is Mario Batali. However these days it's Mooyah oh and 5 guys sucks, they don't cook their fries.(5 guys is the only place where I couldn't get a burger because one of the few times I went there, I kid you not, their grill wasn't working.)

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I seldom have a burger but when I do I get a Burger King Triple Whopper with cheese. I've heard good things from a few people about Five Guy's, are there burgers really that good?

Last edited:

Lasha

Five Guys is my clear winner. I enjoy simple and clean burgers where the beef and ingredients speak for themselves. I would rather eat something else than a burger that is carried by a special sauce or secret menu configuration.

bender

What time is it?
Whataburger but I'm sure that's because I only eat one every five years or so when I find myself in Texas. I do have a spot for Big Macs. I know they are terrible but if you jam fries between the patties and the buns, it creates something delightful because of that wonderful sauce. In-N-Out is the most overrated. Burger King is the worst.

pramod

Banned
To be honest if I can switch so that McDonalds start selling Whoppers i would be eating it a lot more. I love Whoppers but i hate Burger King.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
It’s close man. But I’ll hand the golden spatula to Fatburger

1. Fatburger (Triple King)
2. In N Out (Order of 2 4x4s)
3. Jack In The Box (Ultimate Cheeseburger)

I have a burgerfi like a block away from me. Bacon cheeseburger is like 12 bucks and fries are around 6. These trendy "fast casual" restaurants are the worst. I don't care about antibiotic free bs or whatever their marketing tactic is. I'm just trying to get a fast meal. Panera Bread is one of the saddest places I've ever been to. The sandwiches taste like something I could make on a foreman grill. I'm not paying 20 bucks for a soup kitchen.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

The dark horse unsung hero of the fast food burger race is Del Taco. They make a damn good burger and their fries are really good as well.

Hadoukie

In N Out Still reigns supreme for me all these years. For price and quality, it can't be beat.

The Habit would be second best. Need to go back there soon

Most of those in OP are not available down under.

This weekend we tried a joint my misses has been wanting to for awhile -

Mum's Kitchen Burgers. The entire thing was a masterclass. The bun was firm, crisp yet fluffy in the middle part. The patty was to die for, super well cooked and just pink in the middle but lovingly caramelised on the outside. The ingredients were all fresh, high quality, vibrant and colourful. Nothing overpowered and everything balanced together beautifully. Below isn't a professional media shot, it's the bloody burger we had delivered to us from Uber Eats. Honestly mental it stayed in such brilliant looking condition, let alone the eating quality level.

We found our new favourite burger joint.

1QnsHO9.jpg

rt3KKpG.jpg

Last edited:

Tams

MOS Burger. They give you some actual appreciable lettuce and the patties are thick and juicy. It actually looks like the photos.

Still a chain burger, but great for what it is.

Some people really have it in for MOS and I have no idea why.

Thaedolus

My niece works at Five Guys so I get free shakes and fries if I go there now…well, I always tip her more than the cost of those items but I still feel like I’m getting away with something…

So yeah In n Out is king

Billbofet

I don't eat fast food burgers, but when I do, I eat Culver's.

Has the taste of a burger crafted exclusively by the hands of white teenagers that go to bible camp every summer and were taught the value of hard work. I think to even be a store manager at a Culver's, you have to prove that your grandparents are still alive and actively talk about how cool the 1950s were.
My daughter actually works at a Culver's. I can confirm your statements are 99% accurate.😂

Nope. Burger King, Wendy’s, Hardees, and Five Guys have restaurants in quite a few other countries.
well, i guess it must be the fact i don't go to junk food restaurants much. only go to mcdonalds the odd time. last time i was in a Burger King was was 2011 and KFC maybe 2009. Can't think of any other junk food places I've been in.

Top Bottom