• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite fast food burger?

What's the best fast food burger?

• The Big Mac

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • The Whopper

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • A&W Papa Burger

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Carl's Jr. Famous Star

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Wendy's Dave's Single/double

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Five Guy’s

Votes: 29 23.6%
  • Culver’s butterburger

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Whataburger

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • In-N-Out

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Hardee's Thickburgers

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Steak n Shake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Your Own Burger

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • BadBurger

• Good Burger

• Other

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Shake Shack

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters

Tams

Agreed. It has some flaws, sure, but the cast is solid, it has some good OST tracks, and the fight scenes kick ass.

t1FzJuv.gif

:messenger_winking:
FaaaaaaAAAAck you.

Porcile

MOS Burger. They give you some actual appreciable lettuce and the patties are thick and juicy. It actually looks like the photos.

Still a chain burger, but great for what it is.

Some people really have it in for MOS and I have no idea why.

They use that weird pork and beef mix that doesn't even taste like a beef burger tbh. Also their burgers just fall apart with all the slop they put in it. I don't mind MOS for something quick and easy, but its not great. I think Wendy's (First Kitchen), Lotteria, and BK are all tastier options for a junky burger in Japan.

Last edited:

Tams

They use that weird pork and beef mix that doesn't even taste like a beef burger tbh. Also their burgers just fall apart with all the slop they put in it. I don't mind MOS for something quick and easy, but its not great. I think Wendy's (First Kitchen), Lotteria, and BK are all tastier options for a junky burger in Japan.

There are none of the others near where I live, so they're just not an option.

So other than local places (that are unsurprisingly better most of the time), it's MOS or MacDonald's. I do like a Big Mac, etc. but let's be honest, the patties cardboard shit.

I guess I don't really care if it's beef or not when I get a fast food burger.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I’ve always wanted to try various US chains. Sonic and In and Out and Jack in the Box. They look so good.

But maybe I shouldn’t be so curious as I tried White Castle once in the US and thought it’s the shittiest weird burgers ever.

But none of those in my area.

Too bad Five Guys costs like $15 for a combo. If it was cheaper and had more locations around town I’d eat it way more.

A good place in my area is Hero Burger. You can get a quality standard burger combo for around $11-12.

Last edited:

Billbofet

I would say Culver's is my go-to for burgers. I am biased having a daughter work there, but I genuinely think it is the best fast food offering, at least, in my area (Wisconsin).

We do have Five Guys here, and I've had it once. I don't remember it being amazing, but I would be willing to give it another shot.
We also have Portillo's here. They are known for their hotdogs and Italian beef, but their burgers are solid.

UnNamed

Banned
Five Guys all the way.

The quality of meat is the best imo, the choice of toppings is amazing also.

you-can-build-your-own-burger-137357-3.jpg

My story with Five Guys, and why I hate Influencers, Youtubers, Tiktokers, foodbloggers, etc.

Fiveguys has two store in Milan. I saw some videos on youtube where there is this "Expert" who said Fiveguys is awesome, the best burger chain in USA, the Obama's favourite burger and other bullshit. The usual "review" which is basically a hidden advertisement.
But ok, he was so convincing I tried a double cheese with bacon when I had a chance.

They ask me 14€ for just the burger, no cola, no fries. I take my number and wait, sadly the counter was broken and I had to wait a lot... At some point they gave my hamburger so I could eat it on a corner because there was no free space. To be honest the taste was actually good, the bacon was good too. But the entire hamburger was a block of concrete, with the cheese as glue.

I later insulted the "expert" on his channel remarking he KNEW there were best hamburger in Milan with juicy meat, fresh ingredients, homemade bun, fries and cola included, and table service for the same price.

I also tried In-and-Out in UK. It was good too, but at lest it was less expensive

DanteFox

I used to love five guys but they went from $4.89 to fucking $11.50 in 10 years so fuck them. It's not a $12 burger and the fact that even the little fries are $4 is absolutely fucking shameful. you could go to a real restaurant and get a premium $15 burger that comes with fries instead.

But yes, In and Out is simply magnificent. I had to go to LA a lot for a few years for work but i never minded taking a 5 hour plane ride because i knew there was in n out right at the airport. Everyone else wanted to go to trendy hollywood food network resturants so they can bill the company $400 dinner expenses, but i was fine with a $4 burger and fries.

Shake Shack and Culvers are the only resturants that comes close and thats mostly because their smashburger technique. too many fast food resturants use thicker patties that simply dont get cooked properly in a fast food setting. there is reason why resturant burgers take 10 minutes because you gotta cook that patty for a long time. thinner smashburger style burgers are what everyone else should be using.

P.S Swensons drive through has some sick burgers too. especially the gallyboy or whatever they call it. $4.50 and simple. but i believe its a midwest chain with an even smaller footprint than Culvers. it sucks that shakeshack and whataburger are expanding faster than culvers because culvers has a superior menu. only the shakeshack sauce and bun is better, but that frozen custard is to die for.
Honestly, this is the best take in the thread so far. The older I get and the more refined my palate becomes, the more I appreciate the freshness of In-N-Out. Shake Shack is also really good.

I'd also put Habit into the mix.

81g6Eul.jpg

Blade2.0

pure fast food, i think whataburger takes it. five guys is good for fast casual, and if i need fast, then i do BK over MCDs. but nowadays i usually just go with who gives me the best deal on the app.

EDIT: Also shoutout to Krystal's and White castle, i love those greasy little sliders.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I’ve always wanted to try various US chains. Sonic and In and Out and Jack in the Box. They look so good.

But maybe I shouldn’t be so curious as I tried White Castle once in the US and thought it’s the shittiest weird burgers ever.
White Castle is an acquired taste. Just like the Big Mac, it makes me feel like shit afterwards, but the texture of the slider is just different enough from other burgers to make me keep coming back.... once a year.

Jack in the box has great breakfast sandwiches. Their Burgers are ok. Id say on par with hardees and burger king. Nothing too special.

Sonic is like DQ. Will get the job done, and wont make you feel like shit but its completely mediocre and forgettable. Rally's (Checkers) is the same. They spend more on advertising than quality.

pramod

Banned
MOS Burger. They give you some actual appreciable lettuce and the patties are thick and juicy. It actually looks like the photos.

Still a chain burger, but great for what it is.

Some people really have it in for MOS and I have no idea why.
Unfortunately no MOS Burger here in the US. People don't know what they're missing. Whenever I visit Asia I always get a MOS burger.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Haven't had five guys or In and Out in years but how is the meat quality? That's why I like Whataburger the meat is better than McDonald's, burger King, Sonic, Jack in the box, Wendy's.

Davey Cakes

I do love a good Whopper, but I've found that Wendy's is just really consistent and I appreciate that. Price and quality are on point, and I haven't been disappointed with the Dave's Single/Double or Big Bacon Classic in a long time.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

I feel like people who vote Five Guys do it to spite In N Out because they don’t like waiting in line or made the mistake of not eating it immediately as recommended: you wouldn’t take a restaurant burger home and wait for the fries and burger to cool off would you? That’s the proper way to eat In N Out fresh off the grill.

Anyway the real answer isn’t on here Burgerville with an Oregon Berry shake.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Surprised Wait What GIF

You are aware In N Out is west coast only, right? I have to vote Five Guys because I have never had the opportunity to eat at In N Out so far in my life.
I kid because I love: one can still acknowledge Michael Jordan is the best despite never seeing him play basketball. I forgive you for thinking that throwing on as many toppings and sauces as possible onto Five Guys makes it a good burger. In and Out is just a simple burger made fresh daily with local ingredients. I do prefer Five Guys Cajun fries though. In N Outs fries are garbage unless eaten within 5 minutes and the burgers get less delicious as they cool off too but they hold their value longer.

I think the moral of the story is don’t door dash fast food burgers: eat them in the restaurant or in your car or not at all.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Surprised Wait What GIF

You are aware In N Out is west coast only, right? I have to vote Five Guys because I have never had the opportunity to eat at In N Out so far in my life.

In n Out is closer the McDonald's than it is to Five Guys. Better than McDonald's for sure, but it's in that weight class.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Add another to my must try list at some point I'm in the US. Never heard of Culver's before.
Try their chicken sandwich too. One of the better spicy chicken sandwiches. I also really like their fish sandwich which uses fresh atlantic cod.

Just be sure to ask for some mayo because the sandwich inexplicably doesnt come with any sauce.

Durien

Dude. My family and I like 5 Guys burgers (and their cajun fries). But we stopped eating there when they couldn't get the damn order right. After like the 5th or 6th time we gave up. Ready for this? 3 of the 4 bugers are plain burgers (meat, cheese, bacon) and the other is everything plus A1.

How f'ing hard is it? 3 are f'ing plain!! *breathes into paper bag*

Now we go elsewhere. Every once in a while my son or daughter will say, hey can we get 5 guys? I'll say only if you plan on playing roulette. Nevermind let's go to BK. (Bacon King is pretty awesome)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Wendys literally does chicken better than beef. Its kinda sad, but fwiw their chicken items are indeed good.

Top Bottom