• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZP2KX: Zombies & Pterodactyls! |OT| A Dollah of Awesomeness

Gowans

zp2kxbox.jpg
Pterodactyls want blood! In a dystopian future where humans love guns and zombies just want to be left alone, the pterodactyls have seen to it that everyone has to be miserable together. Take your jetpack online and splatter some fools with blades, guns, grenades, and other instruments of mayhem. Earn XP, level up, unlock stuff, and build killer classes!

From the Developer Ska Studios makers of The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai & I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1NIT!!!1

PRICE: 80MSP - $1/£0.69/€0.96
RELEASE DATE: 12/17/2010
FILE SIZE: 45.8 MB

SCREENS
ZP2KX-S11.jpg

ZP2KX-S21.jpg

ZP2KX-S31.jpg

ZP2KX-S41.jpg

ZP2KX-S51.jpg

ZP2KX-S61.jpg

VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL-9PsZg2Ws

Developers Site: ska-studios.com/zp2kx/
Developers Twitter: @Jamezila

Click Here to Download the Trial

I love this game so had to make a OT, It's hard to explain so try the trail but It's a mix of Super Smash Bros., a twin stick platform/shooter, CoD leveling/customisation & Vs Online.

It was part for the Xbox Indies Winter Uprising and the dev has just tweeted it has hit 10,000 copies sold. It's deserves it and seems to have a great online community, it helps it has open mid game joinable lobbies and bots that can fill spaces.

Would be great to play with GAF, made it to Lvl 26 so far, talked a few friends into grabbing it today and had a great time with it.

Anyone else enjoying it and up for some games?

I played the trial and it was good fun, reminds me a lot of Soldat on the pc which is a good thing.

I don't own many indie games but for 80 allards i'll buy it just to frag you, gowans :p

Gowans

Diablohead said:
i'll buy it just to frag you, gowans :p
:lol We shall see, I'll been doing surprisingly well.

I love the range of weapons in this game, there are guns that fire Bees, Cats, Rainbows and there is a 'Light Sword' & 'Cloud's Sword' ;)

_Bro

Banned
Does anybody else hate the art style this guy uses for his games?

Everything just seems so undefined. In one picture I can't even tell if it's one gun taking up two slots or two guns in separate slots. Character models don't stand out well against the backgrounds.

Sorry, maybe it 's just me, but every time I see anything from Ska Studios I get upset.

_Bro said:

Everything just seems so undefined. In one picture I can't even tell if it's one gun taking up two slots or two guns in separate slots. Character models don't stand out well against the backgrounds.

Sorry, maybe it 's just me, but every time I see anything from Ska Studios I get upset.
The art work and characters remind me of things you find in the back of your old math work book when you use to doodle stuff in class. It works better in motion for me especially in the dishwasher, can't stand the art in that game from screenshots yet it moves really nice.

Gowans

Yeah guess it's just down to taste.

I personally really like it, it's very distinct and stylised which I always think it a good thing and silky smooth in motion.

_Bro

Banned
Diablohead said:
The art work and characters remind me of things you find in the back of your old math work book when you use to doodle stuff in class. It works better in motion for me especially in the dishwasher, can't stand the art in that game from screenshots yet it moves really nice.
I had trouble playing The Dishwasher demo. Maybe this is super rad and he stopped wearing metal boots for his day job.

This game is great fun. You can shoot kittens out of a gun while running on the ceiling. No other game will offer you that.

I like that he added a perk system to this version so people can tune the game a bit for them. (I use the one that starts you with a sword.)

Gowans

Yeah I use that Samurai perk too, in fact I'm mainly a sword player if I dint have grenades or heavy guns. Love carving people up.

Beezy

Me and two friends got this last week. It's extremely fun playing this while joking around and talking shit. I wish I could convince more people to get it, but indie games don't get much attention.

Try having a free for all match with all nukes. That's the funniest game type we came up with so far. :lol

Gowans007 said:
Yeah I use that Samurai perk too, in fact I'm mainly a sword player if I dint have grenades or heavy guns. Love carving people up.

I love that rare drop demonic red sword. Got over 15 killstreak with it once, in a game that the devs were playing in no less.

Gowans

Yeah I love that flaming red sword. First time I saw it I thought someone had been an idiot with the flamethrower.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm really stingy with my space bucks but I bought ZP2KX right after the demo expired. It's a really polished experience that is more enjoyable than a lot of XBLA efforts, let alone XBLIG. The special effects eye candy doesn't hurt either.

Gowans

wwm0nkey said:
I wonder when the update that ixes the bugs and adds new stuff comes out.

The dev mentioned on twitter he intended an update with new maps at 10,000 sold but either it got there quick or he's been busy.

I'm busy today but tonight i'll finally buy this and Gowans we need to party up for some matches along with other gaffers, have a good night shooting/slicing each other up.

Gowans

Diablohead said:
I'm busy today but tonight i'll finally buy this and Gowans we need to party up for some matches along with other gaffers, have a good night shooting/slicing each other up.
Yeah I'm up for that, I'll be on tonight around 8 for some games.

I played this with my cousin online for a good hour+ last night, great game and the netcode is rather good, only thing I dislike is in every match we joined the host would quit before anyone ever had 50 kills to win.

for 80 msp i've already had my worth but the game is great, huge weapon selection.

Gowans007 said:
Right kid put to bed gona be on for half an hour if Anyones up for some games.

Diab?
Sorry last night became a mix of monday night combat and other games, tonight for sure :p

CozMick

Banned
Just popped in to say I would happily pay 400-800ms for this game with achievements.

My main man Gowans007 hooked me up with this gem, fantastic game!

:D

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
CozMick said:
Just popped in to say I would happily pay 400-800ms for this game with achievements.

My main man Gowans007 hooked me up with this gem, fantastic game!

:D
If you can enjoy a game without achievements then consider that an achievement.

_Bro said:

I don't care for the animation and the character models but everything else looks so good that I can ignore that. The price point helps too.

N4Us

wwm0nkey said:
I wonder when the update that ixes the bugs and adds new stuff comes out.

An update is going into peer review next week. Also going to include new Mutator options and a new map.

Need to hop back onto this game. Had some ridiculous class slots.

"Zombies & Pterodactyls!" song

ZP2KX v2.0.6 patch live:
General Updates
- Character movement is now more precise.
- Character spawn locations are now chosen more randomly.
- Game drops now handled more gracefully.
- Game music restarts after a rank up.
- General bug fixes.
- In-game roster now shows current player level in addition to insignia.
- In-game roster now shows active Mutator.
- In-game roster now centered on the screen.
- Main menu controller rumble bug is now fixed.
- Main menu audio bug is now fixed.
- Reduced kill console text to display a maximum of five lines.

Game Mode Updates
- King of the Hill leveling glitch has been patched.
- King of the Hill scoring has been reduced slightly.
- Scoring objective now set to lowest value by default.
- Zombie Hunt balancing has been made.

Map Updates
- The Harvest map added.
- Ice Burg has additional spawn locations.
- The Mine graphic bug has been fixed.

Mutator Updates
- Firestorm Mutator, removed DRGN Flame weapon from initial loadout.
- Goodie Bag Mutator added.
- Jet Max! Mutator added.
- No Swords Mutator added.
- Sword Mutator, removed all initial loadout swords except for the Masume.

Skills Updates
- Chemist Skill has had its impact reduced.
- Griefer Skill has increased its griefing effectiveness.
- Kung Fu Hero Skill now features a new kicking animation.
- Shifter Skill now features air recover ability. Kick mid-air to recover.

Weapon Updates
- AK-47 That Fires Cats now features black (Gato) cats AND white (Neko) cats.
- AK-47 That Fires Cats now has limited ammo.
- Assault Rifle’s volume reduced.
- Blade of Tyr’ Az-Gul’r’s damage count increased.
- Lightning Grenade’s volume reduced.

The Hive:
harvest-lg.jpg

CozMick

Banned
Holy shit, bumping this thread onto the first page reminded me I own this game, been so wrapped up in LBP2 that I totally forgot.

Those patch notes look good and an additional map for free is always great news.

Will fire it up tomorrow.

Top Bottom