• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Charmed’ Reboot Series In Works At the CW From ‘Jane the Virgin’ Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody interested?

The CW is looking to bring back one of the signature drama on predecessor the WB. The network has ordered a script for Charmed, a reimagining of the original Aaron Spelling series set in 1976. The reboot hails from the team behind the CW’s dramedy Jane the Virgin — Jane creator/executive producer Jennie Snyder Urman, executive producer Ben Silverman, writers/co-executive producers Jessica O’Toole and Amy Rardin, the pilot’s director Brad Silberling and studio CBS TV Studios.

The new Charmed will be written by O’Toole & Amy Rardin based on a story by the duo and Snyder Urman. The trio will executive produce with Silverman through Propagate Content and Silberling who is set to direct.

deadline

SpaceWolf

Banned
I love how they already announced their intention to do this a few years back, which seemed to really annoy the original cast, leading to CW backing down.

Guess they've gotten cocky again.

Indelible

I remember enjoying Charmed back in the day, sounds like they just want to make it into another generic CW show. I haven't seen Jane the Virgin yet so I will wait and see how this turns out.

Aiii

So not worth it
Was going to boo this, but I will watch anything made by the JtV people, even reboots of things I liked.

Volimar

Reboot makes me kind of sad. I'd prefer magical hijinks sending the future Halliwells back into the past so we can occasionally see the OG actresses.

Reboot makes me kind of sad. I'd prefer magical hijinks sending the future Halliwells back into the past so we can occasionally see the OG actresses.

I could definitely see the actresses making appearances even if not as themselves. Imagine one of them playing the main antagonist!

TheFlow

Banned
Honestly cw is pretty good right so yea reboot that shit.

I kinda want a Buffy reboot after supernatural and vampire diaries ends

Slayven

my favorite thing about Charmed. They did his character wrong.

His arc and it completion was one of the best in the history of TV.

When they announced him for Dr.Doom I was so excited, cause all he had to do was be Cole. But they fucked it up

Khezu

I remember it getting kinda weird with like future versions of time stops kids.

Then a bunch of weird ass gimmick episodes.

I still watched way too damn much of this show.

Carbonox

This show gets replayed so fucking much from start to finish on E4 (UK) that I must have seen it through like 5 times.

Cole was the GOAT.

so was milano. can she come back?

I'm down, cast it right tho.

&Bring back Buffy too, and make Xander the new Watcher.

Can't do it without Whedon (I mean, they can in a general sense, but if he's not involved you've lost the old audience, which is the majority of the reason you'd want to do it in the first place), and the last time they talked about it he got pretty pissed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Scrap this and do a Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (the Teenage Witch) reboot with the same team. I'll take my bucket of money in the form lotto scratchers, CBS productions. Thanks

sabrina_01_covint.jpg

Dynasty

Was watching this the other day on E4 UK, brung back memories. Reboot could be good if done right. Cole was awesome, especially when he turned crazy towards the end.

Also Paige>Prue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom