• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Incredibles 3’ Announced At D23, With Brad Bird Returning To Direct

Draugoth

Gold Member
Incredibles-3-D23.jpg

Pixar boss Pete Docter had a very simple tag at the end of Pixar’s D23 session: Incredibles 3 is in the works with Brad Bird returning as director.

No further details were provided.

The first two Incredibles movies grossed $1.87 billion. At one point, Incredibles 2 was the highest grossing animated movie of all-time before Inside Out 2 unseated it with a $1.56 billion.

ManaByte

Gold Member
They didn't say he's directing, just that he's developing it. He likely will, but that's not what they said.

wondermega

1st one was possibly my favorite Pixar film. The sequel was hard to enjoy even a little. I don't trust Disney/Pixar to return this IP to any kind of greatness, but I sure wish them all the best, surprise me.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
1st one was possibly my favorite Pixar film. The sequel was hard to enjoy even a little. I don't trust Disney/Pixar to return this IP to any kind of greatness, but I sure wish them all the best, surprise me.

I don't know what happened with Incredibles 2. Didn't enjoy it, have no reason to rewatch it. Such a letdown after the magnificent first Incredibles movie.

BTW That new Incredibles movie could be a long time coming since Brad Bird is working on Ray Gunn for Netflix. Release date for that movie is 2026, so Incredibles 3 will hit cinemas in 2030, may be 2029.

kunonabi

I don't know what happened with Incredibles 2. Didn't enjoy it, have no reason to rewatch it. Such a letdown after the magnificent first Incredibles movie.

BTW That new Incredibles movie could be a long time coming since Brad Bird is working on Ray Gunn for Netflix. Release date for that movie is 2026, so Incredibles 3 will hit cinemas in 2030, may be 2029.
It was an inferior retread of the first movie. It had some nice set pieces sure but everybody was looking forward to the whole family doing their thing together. Instead they all get sidelined again. They wanted their angle and subtext and the audience could just go kick rocks. Modern Disney in a nutshell.

Trilobit

He should make another movie in the style of Iron Giant. Beautiful classical animation in combination with CGI. Just as long as it isn't a sequel.

Out of curiosity, what type of people go to these events?

Don't they have a day job? Is everyone there rich or retired or a journalist that's been invited? Any normies amongst them?

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Out of curiosity, what type of people go to these events?

Don't they have a day job? Is everyone there rich or retired or a journalist that's been invited? Any normies amongst them?

It's Summer. People can plan their vacations around these events you know. Or are you also wondering how come amusement parks have so many visitors when everybody else is slaving at work?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Agreed. The second one doesn't hold up to the first one in terms of character development, themes, and world building. I hope they get back on track for number 3.

Top Bottom