• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Boys’ to End With Season 5 on Amazon

Draugoth

Gold Member
The-Boys-TV-Show-Amazon.jpg

Ahead of the premiere of “The Boys” Season 4, showrunner Eric Kripke has announced the R-rated Amazon Prime Video superhero series will conclude with its fifth season.

“#TheBoys Season 4 Premiere Week is a good time to announce: Season 5 will be the Final Season!” Kripke said in a post on X (formerly Twitter) Tuesday, which was accompanied with a screenshot of a redacted copy of the script for the Season 4 finale. “Always my plan, I just had to be cagey till I got the final OK from Vought. Thrilled to bring the story to a gory, epic, moist climax. Watch Season 4 in 2 DAYS, cause the end has begun!”

Debuting in 2019, “The Boys” takes place in a world run by superhero mega corp Vought and follows the battle between the supes and the titular “Boys,” a group of humans whose lives have been ruined in one way or another by supes.

Source

xrnzaaas

I'm betting it's going to have at least one more spinoff by then. They're going to milk this just like HBO is milking GoT.

At least there's a chance they'll have the balls to kill off more people from the main cast.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Sounds like they've known about this for a while too which is good as hopefully it means season 4 will be paced well with season 5 wrapping things up in a good way.

Blade2.0

Sounds like they've known about this for a while too which is good as hopefully it means season 4 will be paced well with season 5 wrapping things up in a good way.
Yes and please don't turn it into supernatural. I loved supernatural but nothing was as good as the 1st 5 seasons.

Denton

Love the show, glad it will be ending. They already fucked up not killing Meave and generally pulling punches on season endings.

jason10mm

Gold Member
How much more sealife can The Deep fuck?

I just hope we get some sexy girl time, this show is waaaaay too wang obsessed. Give me a supe that has prehensile boobs!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Do I need to watch that Gen V spinoff series first? I love The Boys but I can't stand YA shows so I automatically skipped it.

Trilobit

If Homelander doesn't finally go crazy and show his true face to the world I'll feel like I've wasted my time with this show. I want to see the shock on everyone's faces as he goes bananas and has to be stopped.

StueyDuck

I can't stand the show and have a disdain for most of it.

However, I thought it was like at it's peak currently considering so many people still watch it. Isn't it based on a shit ton of comics. Surely there's plenty of material

ZehDon

Same. Season 2 just felt off and i didn’t even finish it. Have no desire to see the rest.
For me, Season 1 started strong, but ended kinda weak - and it was reverse for Season 2: it started weak, but ended strong. Season 3, though, was a pretty great from start to finish. Keen for Season 4.

clarky

Gold Member
If Homelander doesn't finally go crazy and show his true face to the world I'll feel like I've wasted my time with this show. I want to see the shock on everyone's faces as he goes bananas and has to be stopped.
Hasn't that been the case since season 1?

xrnzaaas

I was kinda hoping it will begin with killing that civilian last season, but
they're already dialing it down in the new season and having Vought help him win in civilized trial.
My guess is that shit won't hit the fan until the last 2-3 episodes and even then they won't have the balls to kill all the major characters. Show already has one spinoff, might get another one before it's over. Having og characters as guest stars would definitely boost their numbers.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just finished season 3, and this shit is getting too close to real life with the whole MAGA shit. That last moment in the season was too real lmao 😂

Bout to start season 4. This show is so good.

Eiknarf

Just binged Season One and Two.
Just started season three NOW and was cracking UP at the opening scene with the guy shrinking down in size to enter the other dudes penis!!
There’s definitely no other show like this

Eiknarf

Just binged season 3 and 4 and have to say I’ve never seen the face of an actress change so much between season 2 and 4 as I have with Erin Moriarty. Why is her face so gaunt suddenly???
Ozempic?
Plastic surgery gone wrong?

Just binged season 3 and 4 and have to say I’ve never seen the face of an actress change so much between season 2 and 4 as I have with Erin Moriarty. Why is her face so gaunt suddenly???
Ozempic?
Plastic surgery gone wrong?
Was intrigued by your question... now I know what you had meant...
17053367503083.jpg

Personally, I think she feels she is successful enough to go this route... as retarded as I PERSONALLY THINK that is... that's her choice. She looked so good natural. I wouldn't touch this woman with a reverb of sound.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Was intrigued by your question... now I know what you had meant...
17053367503083.jpg

Personally, I think she feels she is successful enough to go this route... as retarded as I PERSONALLY THINK that is... that's her choice. She looked so good natural. I wouldn't touch this woman with a reverb of sound.

After researching, I see she had Buccal Fat Removal from her cheeks, which was an odd choice because removing fat from the face makes one look older.

As we age, we lose fat from our cheeks, forehead and temples making us look thin-skinned, bonier, and more sunken (closer to a skull, hence older)

That’s why most older celebs actually get fillers, which does the opposite to counter the loss of the good fat in the face.

So why a 29 year old female actress took youthful face-fat away is a very odd choice. It’s a form of Body Dysmorphia.

It not only makes her look older but also like a junkie

Last edited:

Eiknarf

She had Buccal Fat removal. That is my theory.

Anna Taylor Joy did the same thing.

That’s funny you posted this because I always thought Anna Taylor had that look due to contouring make up. Make up can EASILY create contours that have the exact effect. But maybe you’re right-
However, in Starlight’s case (Erin Moriarity) her cheeks are sunken WITHOUT makeup. She done fucked up!!

jason10mm

Gold Member
She had Buccal Fat removal. That is my theory.

Anna Taylor Joy did the same thing.

Hard to say how much of that is contouring make-up, you really need some casual "out and about" pics versus being dolled up for a gala.

But yeah, these girls want those sharp cheekbones and a bit of that gaunt look, otherwise no matter how thin they get, some cheek chub always makes them look a little fat.

But its a damn shame. Get some MUSCLE ladies! Bird-like shoulders, dainty collarbones, and stick arms ain't appealing to anyone.

Eiknarf

Hard to say how much of that is contouring make-up, you really need some casual "out and about" pics versus being dolled up for a gala.

But yeah, these girls want those sharp cheekbones and a bit of that gaunt look, otherwise no matter how thin they get, some cheek chub always makes them look a little fat.

But its a damn shame. Get some MUSCLE ladies! Bird-like shoulders, dainty collarbones, and stick arms ain't appealing to anyone.
Right.
As an artist I’m very familiar with contouring and how it applies to women’s makeup.
Anna’s look can easily be contouring make-up. But Erin’s is most certainly not. Erin is not wearing cheek make-up in all those episodes on season 4 of The Boys, and so I became noticeably disturbed by how she looked, which led me down a rabbit hole online seeing what the hell she did.

Buccal fat removal in the cheeks

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Erin looked aged up ... Like she came back from the future and replaced her younger self. Still pretty but a far cry from her Season 2 face. Her butt was also rounder in seasons 1 and 2. It's flat in season 4 (thanks to that one nude walk away shot).

She just looks 36 now.

I'm actually shocked at ATJ ... I hope it's just make-up contouring because that other pic of her round face is so adorable (makes her fish eyes less noticeable).

thegame983

I've watched since the start so ill see it through.

However I do skip any scenes that don't involve Homelander/ The 7/ vaulter. The rest are just so boring. I don't do this with any other show.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I still haven’t started season 4, so I’m kinda shocked by Erin’s new look posted in pictures here. I think the real tragedy is how people feel so socially pressured to achieve “beauty perfection” that they’re willing to drastically alter themselves through permanent surgeries, oftentimes erasing what was so endearing and unique about their look in the first place. It’s not a good message we’re putting out into the world.

But it’s a personal choice, so I guess if it makes the actress more happy, who am I to judge.

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's funny how peripheral she is in the show. They TALK about her a lot, but the actress actually isn't in a lot of scenes. The Firecracker girl has TOTALLY stolen this season because she is swinging for the fences, can actually move her face, and embraces the cheesey nature of the script.

Eiknarf

I thought this thread bump was going to be some type of show update.

Instead you guys just moved the Erin Moriarty convo here to continue it 😂
You can blame me. I just binged five seasons in four weeks
•Season 1,
•Season 2,
•Season 3,
•Gen V,
•Season Gaunt Ozempic Buccal Fat Removal Body Dysmorphia

So I brought it up.

I didn’t know there was a thread on what Starlight/Erin did to herself/face.
The entire series and pretty much every actor and actress in this is brand new to me.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

It's funny how peripheral she is in the show. They TALK about her a lot, but the actress actually isn't in a lot of scenes. The Firecracker girl has TOTALLY stolen this season because she is swinging for the fences, can actually move her face, and embraces the cheesey nature of the script.
And that’s probably because of what she chose to do to her face

She signed a contract so they can’t force her to not suck the fat out of her cheeks…etc But you know the production company and huge streaming show probably (rightfully) expected her to look a certain way for four years. Not a big ask!!!!!!! Then she goes and changes her likeness and money maker.

Glad they are pushing her to the side

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Season 4 is ultimately the worst season so far. The parodies are getting a bit less witty and are more just literally copy and pasting current political references instead of being a clever analogy.

Writing a "smartest person in the world" character is actually incredibly challenging, and has been a big pet peeve of mine for a while. To write someone with super strength, you just write about their strength. To write someone with super intelligence, you have to kind of actually be super intelligent or clever to write out what they're doing that is so smart. They totally failed to do that this season so far. One of the only things that pulls it off well is the movie Limitless. It's not easy to do.

I have a guess on how it will end next season. Seems like the foreshadowing is not that subtle. About the only thing that seemed to really move the plot forward this season was Ryan and A-Train. Homelander is becoming a parody and is less interesting than he should be right now.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Season 4 is ultimately the worst season so far. The parodies are getting a bit less witty and are more just literally copy and pasting current political references instead of being a clever analogy.

Writing a "smartest person in the world" character is actually incredibly challenging, and has been a big pet peeve of mine for a while. To write someone with super strength, you just write about their strength. To write someone with super intelligence, you have to kind of actually be super intelligent or clever to write out what they're doing that is so smart. They totally failed to do that this season so far. One of the only things that pulls it off well is the movie Limitless. It's not easy to do.

I have a guess on how it will end next season. Seems like the foreshadowing is not that subtle. About the only thing that seemed to really move the plot forward this season was Ryan and A-Train. Homelander is becoming a parody and is less interesting than he should be right now.

I agree with you mostly. I've been enjoying the season so far. I'm not hard to entertain. But Starlight has been a wet blanket.

I kinda get why some don't like Sage but I love her! Mostly because I've always thought this actress is beautiful and sexy (her voice does it for me and I love how her lips are shaped). I think she comes across as highly intelligent but has to dumb down her speech for the rest of the characters. She's basically around a bunch of idiots who have no knowledge of science, medicine, chemistry, etc... so she has to dumb down her speech. Just like it was painfully obvious she knew A-Train was the mole and just wanted him to be a nervous wreck...

And true to his character (just recently watched season 1 and 2 of the show), he fired Sage because she wouldn't kiss his ass; his ego can't take being wrong for longer than a few weeks.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I agree with you mostly. I've been enjoying the season so far. I'm not hard to entertain. But Starlight has been a wet blanket.

I kinda get why some don't like Sage but I love her! Mostly because I've always thought this actress is beautiful and sexy (her voice does it for me and I love how her lips are shaped). I think she comes across as highly intelligent but has to dumb down her speech for the rest of the characters. She's basically around a bunch of idiots who have no knowledge of science, medicine, chemistry, etc... so she has to dumb down her speech. Just like it was painfully obvious she knew A-Train was the mole and just wanted him to be a nervous wreck...

And true to his character (just recently watched season 1 and 2 of the show), he fired Sage because she wouldn't kiss his ass; his ego can't take being wrong for longer than a few weeks.
She's hot, I agree. But I just wanted more demonstration of her super intelligence. As far as I can tell, all she really did is just come up with a super standard PR campaign on par with something the RNC does. Literally nothing about it was super intelligent. And they made it seem like her only super power is being able to tell if people are lying or something, which isn't really something I'd associate with super intelligence either. There's just limitless chances for her to be demonstrating her capabilities in better ways. It should be almost impossible to even have a conversation where she wasn't referencing something above everyone else's ability to comprehend. They had that one throwaway line where she said she can singlehandedly cure cancer or end global warming but she just doesn't care about anything, which is a bit of a lame cop out.

Not trying to shit on it too much, but when I heard that was her super power she was my most hyped character and it just didn't deliver what I hoped for.

Top Bottom