• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Boys’ to End With Season 5 on Amazon

jason10mm

Gold Member
She's hot, I agree. But I just wanted more demonstration of her super intelligence. As far as I can tell, all she really did is just come up with a super standard PR campaign on par with something the RNC does. Literally nothing about it was super intelligent. And they made it seem like her only super power is being able to tell if people are lying or something, which isn't really something I'd associate with super intelligence either. There's just limitless chances for her to be demonstrating her capabilities in better ways. It should be almost impossible to even have a conversation where she wasn't referencing something above everyone else's ability to comprehend. They had that one throwaway line where she said she can singlehandedly cure cancer or end global warming but she just doesn't care about anything, which is a bit of a lame cop out.

Not trying to shit on it too much, but when I heard that was her super power she was my most hyped character and it just didn't deliver what I hoped for.
I can you tell that if she walked up to a couple of oncology docs and said "I cured CLL by thinking really hard!" they would all feel that this was a child coping with tragedy.

Of course if she then laid out a cogent, articulated, rationale for whatever magic cure she whipped up, all them docs would be scrambling to take the credit. Of course without clinical trials, manufacturing processes, regulatory compliance, and funding, no cure would ever see the light of day.

If anything, that story made her seem delusional. Even if she "thought up" something like an advanced monoclonal antibody therapy or CAR-T, that's just theoretical science, there are a million practical things that "knowledge" can't foresee or fix because they haven't been discovered yet for her to read in a book.

Tams

Was intrigued by your question... now I know what you had meant...
17053367503083.jpg

Personally, I think she feels she is successful enough to go this route... as retarded as I PERSONALLY THINK that is... that's her choice. She looked so good natural. I wouldn't touch this woman with a reverb of sound.

WTF did she do to herself?!

Eiknarf

Banned
It's funny how peripheral she is in the show. They TALK about her a lot, but the actress actually isn't in a lot of scenes. The Firecracker girl has TOTALLY stolen this season because she is swinging for the fences, can actually move her face, and embraces the cheesey nature of the script.

The last two episodes, 7 and 8, seems to have “made up” for her lack of screen time during the season, cuz she is literally doubled up in many scenes in these final two eps -

Double the gaunt

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Season 4 was okay. Possibly the weakest season so far. Some of the political stuff was too on the nose.

I am however looking forward to season 5 because

soldier boy is coming back!

That character is awesome. Probably my favourite character in the show. An absolute legend.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That cheek fat removal surgery has also made Starlighter always talk like she just had a dentist appointment and is still numb. That’s worse to me than her looks which aren’t that bad when she does her makeup the right way.

LordOfChaos

Really needs to fucking go somewhere after the last two seasons meandering. This one was the worst yet. Some of the cast is saying they want to end it with season 5 and then a movie.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
WTF did she do to herself?!
I don't know, man...?
Sometimes people get these surgeries and they don't even need them.
I've seen chicks with big asses who go for BBL, still.. it's mind boggling to say the very least!
One of the worst surgeries, IMO is the split-tit surgery. where they split the breast, usually on the lower side. I'd take a girl with some natural as or bs, over the hideous split tit, anyway!

Some females need to realize.. you are good as is, you don't need to waste your money or time on this superficial bullshit.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I don't know, man...?
Sometimes people get these surgeries and they don't even need them.
I've seen chicks with big asses who go for BBL, still.. it's mind boggling to say the very least!
One of the worst surgeries, IMO is the split-tit surgery. where they split the breast, usually on the lower side. I'd take a girl with some natural as or bs, over the hideous split tit, anyway!

Some females need to realize.. you are good as is, you don't need to waste your money or time on this superficial bullshit.

I'll never understand getting a BBL when you already have a "C" back there.

My friend got implants but whoever was her doctor made them look absolutely natural! I didn't know they were enhanced until she told me!

HoodWinked

Butcher's power is so fucking lazy and retarded.

So tentacles that come out of his body have enough power to split a Super in half when earlier Homelander's lasers didn't even scratch her. And also the tentacles retract and vanish into his body without even a trace. This season has been worse than Erin Moriarty's plastic surgery.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Butcher's power is so fucking lazy and retarded.

So tentacles that come out of his body have enough power to split a Super in half when earlier Homelander's lasers didn't even scratch her. And also the tentacles retract and vanish into his body without even a trace. This season has been worse than Erin Moriarty's plastic surgery.

It's not HIS power. His cancer is sentient.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'll never understand getting a BBL when you already have a "C" back there.

My friend got implants but whoever was her doctor made them look absolutely natural! I didn't know they were enhanced until she told me!
"Told you"....or "showed you"???? :p

Sucks women have to resort to such procedures. Some are just genetically screwed, small breasts or an odd shape that you can't change for example, but the butt is basically just a muscle you CAN develop. May not have that perfect hourglass shape but it's just laziness that a woman has a flat ass. Do know a few that store all their fat in their gut with little stick legs, ain't no BLL or butt implants gonna fix that without serious fitness as well.

YCoCg

I find it amusing that a show that has been THRIVING off violently politicizing events now carries an apology and condemnation about violently politicized events.
Such is the way when real life events happen around "broadcast", there used to be a website that had a collection for those, such as The Simpsons having to pull the New York episode after 9/11, etc.

Madflavor

She had Buccal Fat removal. That is my theory.

Anna Taylor Joy did the same thing.

The reason nobody talks about Anya’s bucca fat removal is because she had a successful one either cause she had a really good surgeon, or because she has good enough bone structure to still looks pretty after losing all that fat in her face.

If she looked really fucked up afterward, I guarantee a lot more people would’ve talked about it. But she’s still hot as fuck so nobody cares.

Last edited:
The reason nobody talks about Anya’s bucca fat removal is because she had a successful one either cause she had a really good surgeon, or because she has good enough bone structure to still looks pretty after losing all that fat in her face.

If she looked really fucked up afterward, I guarantee a lot more people would’ve talked about it. But she’s still hot as fuck so nobody cares.
Agreed. While still a highly unnecessary procedure, she didn't look off at all in the recent Furiosa movie.

camo-facepaint-furiosa.gif

Draugoth

Gold Member
Wtf is wrong with these women?!

They looked incredible naturally,now they look like a bunch of 40 year old women waiting for their next dose of heroin.

People are afraid of getting old and being ugly, these women just so happen to have money to have plastic surgery to get rid of imperfections.

Last edited:

NT80

She looks cadaverous there. What was she thinking?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Body dismorphia, we all have it to some degree.
I'd say it's less the buccal fat that's the problem, more it's all the botox. Erin can't move her face, her eyebrows and forehead are static. Just look at how expressive Quaid is, only a few years older, but he can wrinkle his forehead and move his eyebrows in ways almost no young actress can because their face is paralyzed. That Eiza Gonzales chick from Three Body Problem and Ungentlemenly Warfare is even worse, she is totally expressionless. Bad enough for women in their 50s to do it, but when women in their 20s abd early 30s are zapping their faces, holy fuck this is a problem!

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
They should resurrect Homelander and have him, somehow gotten even stronger. True Supes, or so-to-speak... and he kills everyone, the supes, the armies of the world and finally, leaving all of the leaders of the world and civilization intact, threatens to go right through the core of the Earth, setting off a chain reaction that would eventually lead to the entire destruction of the planet. Eventually, the threats are no longer empty and he does it, but only after terraforming Mars for this pseudo retirement spot, till he figures out what to do next. Can't suffocate in space or freeze or burn. SO infinite potential. Now.. I don't know what his current limitations are in the show or in the comics, but that's just my fantasy scenario.
Edit: Also, let's say he can withstand the power of a magnetar/super novae? So much potential in space exploration, with just that in mind.

I still need to binge this entire show. I've only seen most of the scenes, lol.....

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Oh, the irony.

Not one person thinks Erin looks better now than she did then
I'm just glad she didn't infect other actresses from the show with the obsession of having multiple surgeries. Karen Fukuhara (Kimiko in the show) seems to be staying natural, same with Dominique when she was still on the show.

Eiknarf

Banned
I'm just glad she didn't infect other actresses from the show with the obsession of having multiple surgeries. Karen Fukuhara (Kimiko in the show) seems to be staying natural, same with Dominique when she was still on the show.
Karen even plays the character Dani in The Callisto Protocol, and they made her likeness exact!
They didn’t add a big chin to satisfy the 0.1%

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wonder if they are getting stuff done, but it looks natural and just encourages others to try it that end up with bad results.

Though there is definitely a cult around this fish lipped 'cat-face' look, just like the big balloon breast look of the 80, so some of it must be deliberate.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Was intrigued by your question... now I know what you had meant...
17053367503083.jpg

Personally, I think she feels she is successful enough to go this route... as retarded as I PERSONALLY THINK that is... that's her choice. She looked so good natural. I wouldn't touch this woman with a reverb of sound.
I would do a Treesome with them

jason10mm

Gold Member
I would do a Treesome with them
That shapeshifter assassin could have made HIGE BANK being a 'celeb impersonator' prostitute. Just touch a celeb, shed skin, and seems like it would get several days as that person, even longer if the celeb got a cut and was giving access to recharge or whatever that shifter needs to maintain the look. Hell, some folks would probably pay to have sex with themselves.

Seems odd they would choose the life of an assassin when that kind of work as got to be super high risk.

Yamisan

I wish this followed the comics more. Homelander wasn't really a bad guy in them, it was black noir who is a homelander clone framing him who was the real villain. No way that can happen in this show though.

Top Bottom