• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Until Dawn’ Movie At Screen Gems And Playstation Studios Sets Ella Rubin, Michael Cimino, Ji-young Yoo And Odessa A’zion To Star

XXL

Screen Gems and Playstation Productions feature adaptation of the Playstation game Until Dawn has set an ensemble of rising stars as Ella Rubin, Michael Cimino, Ji-young Yoo and Odessa A'zion are set to star in the upcoming pic. David F. Sandberg is set to direct.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I mean it will probably be a low budget ($10 million-ish) movie anyway. Sony thinks it might earn something like 30-50 million at the box office like a lot of horror movies do. That would be a win. Then there is Netflix money.
It's an easy call for the studio.

A movie adaptation of a video game remake of a video game emulating a movie.
So why didn’t they just use the original cast?

(check details)

Ah. Time flies, it’s been ten years since the original.
Why no Hayden Planetarium?
the-simpsons-ravages-of-age.gif

tmlDan

Remember, the cast has to be dumb and young, not sure i can be convinced an IRL Rami is as dumb as these kids were especially after Mr. Robot lol

he's also 43.

Last edited:

MrRibeye

After playing through this twice with my sister, I'd enjoy watching this as a movie, because noticing all the differences and similarities it has with the game is fun to me.

xrnzaaas

The game had more recognizable actors, even if you consider the fact that Rami Malek's popularity exploded a bit later.

Last edited:

consoul

Shoot all the branching storylines and release it as an interactive 4K Bluray (or via Bandersnatch style streaming).

It would sell more that way than a linear movie.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Very weird

I enjoyed the game ,I think is one of the best game but I never thought sony consider this an important IP ,

AmuroChan

Horror movies are generally very cheap to make. So this is a fairly low risk endeavor. However, Sony owns so many great IPs. Focus on your A-tier IPs first before reaching for the B and C-tier ones like Until Dawn.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Horror movies are generally very cheap to make. So this is a fairly low risk endeavor. However, Sony owns so many great IPs. Focus on your A-tier IPs first before reaching for the B and C-tier ones like Until Dawn.

As you said horror movies are low risk high reward. Usually every year or two a horror movie will become a cult success far outgrossing its budget, not to mention if it is successful that it will push the sales of the remake.

Sony is trying to make more and more of their IP, A-Tier.

Five Nights at Freddy's grossed 300 million
Us grossed 250 million, so did Get Out

You throw like 10-30 million on these movies and if they do well and become a franchise... all the better...

Roufianos

This movie is gonna be so shit unless they almost completely re-write it.

Until Dawn's story is wank, the fact you could affect its outcome is what made it good.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I mean ...

I would say that it's not only lip injections.

She got older and a little chubbier.
Well yeah I didn't want to mention the chubbier part
But as someone who does portraits and I've drawn her enough over the years to do it without reference, I know know the face.
There are some changes that at not natural or by aging.
In fact she isn't bad for her age which why it's more the confusing why she would other then the trends
For example
GXMG3Kg.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom