• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In March (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances Place Beyond the Pines gets released even a little wide? I loved Blue Valentine, so I'm interested in this.

I thought Spring Breakers looked terrible, so it's interesting that it seems to be getting positive impressions. I don't see what could be very good about it. Entertaining for sure. What else? Franco as Riff Raff?

I've heard Focus is pushing Pines hard, so I could see it. It's a pretty great movie that could cross over many demographics, so I could see it doing well.

And for Spring Breakers, thy are selling it as a crazy Project X movie, when its actually supposed to be much darker and twisted from what I've heard.

overcast

Ah of course. Don't think I've ever seen one of Korine's movies. Where should I start?

Either way I'll watch Pines down the road. Is it a dark movie? As depressing as Blue Valentine?

I bought Room 237 off iTunes. It pretty much lived up to the hype that had generated in my mind since first hearing about it. Loved it for the most part, but man, some of the stuff they 'see' in The Shining just made me roll my eyes.

February was absolutely terrible and it doesn't look like there's much for me in March. Totally regretting MoviePass but hopefully there will be enough in the Summer to justify the cost ;[

Is Stoker getting a wider release? I was surprised when it opened on Friday not to be playing anywhere in or around SF :/

Pssh I love my moviepass. I watched like 10 movies in Dec, 5 in Jan, and I think 3 in Feb.

parasight

Saw Beyond the Hills at TIFF. Very good film, but also overstays its welcome. It's a long film that feels very long. It's a fairly predictable film, but the leads give great performances in a powerful story. There are plenty of spots where the film could have ended and it would work, but unfortunately it drags. I would still recommend watching it.

Hoping to see Place Beyond the Pines.

jtb

Banned
Hope to catch Place Beyond the Pines. Probably will see Oz also if any of my friends are interested.

G.O.O.

Wrong... one of these movies I loved but can't know if I should recommend or not.

I'd recommend it for William Fichtner alone.

Raxus

Ouch. Is the Croods bad or something? Dreamworks has been on a roll lately with films, I was hoping the Croods would continue the tradition. Plus I love Lilo and Stitch.

Out of the top 10.

Stoker and Leviathan (if it comes my way)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Wanna see

Stoker
Spring Breakers (cuz the premise sounds like my thing for twisted reasons.;p)
Leviathan
The Place Beyond the Pines
Room 237

Kind of want to see Beyond the Hills cuz I loved 4 months 3 weeks 2 days etc - but the lukewarm reception towards it isn't doing any wonders.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Looks like a forgettable month to me, I'll just wait for Star Trek Into Darkness.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have no clue what I'll see. I have a business trip middle of the month and will probably go see something instead of being stuck in a hotel in a tiny Colroado town for a night.

kunonabi

Wrong and G.I. Joe for me.

I 'd see Stroker but I honestly can't stand watching anything with Nicole Kidman in it.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
The Place Beyond the Pines is definite for me. Blue Valentine was fantastic.

Also curious to catch Spring Breakers and Stoker.

Ridley327

Barring Fox Searchlight being dummies, Stoker should be hitting my neck of the woods sooner rather than later. I'll definitely check out The Place Beyond the Pines and Dead Man Down, as well. If there was a just deity, some theater close by will magically get Room 237, Leviathan (the AV Club review totally sold me on it), and Spring Breakers, but I get the feeling that I won't be seeing those until their home release.

1. The Place Beyond the Pines (Derek Cianfrance; March 29th)

place_beyond_pines.jpg

Casting is Tom Cruise as The Last Samurai levels of bad.

Mairu

Pssh I love my moviepass. I watched like 10 movies in Dec, 5 in Jan, and I think 3 in Feb.

I'm hoping it'll pick back up soon :[

I started towards the end of November and saw 4 movies in Nov, 5 in Dec, 4 in January, and 2 in February - March looks like another slow month unless I decide to see something almost assuredly bad

Ouch. Is the Croods bad or something? Dreamworks has been on a roll lately with films, I was hoping the Croods would continue the tradition. Plus I love Lilo and Stitch.

It didn't get the strongest reviews at Berlin, still looking forward to it though but with hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom