• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 stone lost now 💪

anthony2690

Hopefully this does not break any rules, if so I apologise. 😅

But I'm feeling pretty proud of myself & wanted to share it with my fave online community. 😁

I joined gym a couple weeks ago too, and want to try build muscle now and get in really good shape!

Life is better than ever.

IMG-20240703-154132600.jpg

Bonus picture of Simba at the cafe today, he wanted my biscoff blondie bless him :)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
14 pounds to a stone, so 140 pounds :)
I always thought people did their weight via stone? Maybe it's a UK measurement, sorry if so! :)
It always amuses me when Americans are like -
"Fuck no, metric system sucks, I'll stick to what I know. 16 ounces to a pound, 2000 pounds to a ton. 12 inches to a foot, 3 feet to a yard, 1760 yards to a mile. 16 fluid ounces to a pint, 8 pints to a gallon, 42 gallons to a barrel. So simple and straightforward.
Wait a stone - what the fuck is that? 14 pounds? How the fuck can anyone use that?"

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

Hopefully this does not break any rules, if so I apologise. 😅

But I'm feeling pretty proud of myself & wanted to share it with my fave online community. 😁

I joined gym a couple weeks ago too, and want to try build muscle now and get in really good shape!

Life is better than ever.

IMG-20240703-154132600.jpg

Bonus picture of Simba at the cafe today, he wanted my biscoff blondie bless him :)

Congrats! What is that in American?

anthony2690

Congratulations Anthony! Amazing work, dedication, and results!
Congrats. Keep it up.
Congratulations my man. Good fucking work.

That's a lot of weight and losing it can have a tremendous impact
Good work!
Congrats man!
Congrats!
Congrats that's an amazing achievement! Keep it up!
You Rock GIF by BLKBOK

Great work, mate. Keep it up :messenger_clapping::messenger_clapping::messenger_clapping:
Congrats! That's a great achievement
63,5kg! That is an incredible achievement, man! Great job, proud of you!
Fucking fair play to you mate.
Seriously, the kind words and support are genuinely beyond appreciated 🙏❤️

It's what real men use as weight measurement. A FUCKING ROCK HARD STONE BITCHES!!

Xherdan Shaqiri Football GIF by FIFA
Made me spit my drink out myself 😢
Post was hilarious though 🤣❤️

badblue

Gold Member
7304.24km walking distance is apparently 79880 American football fields, not quite the stat you wanted, but hopefully equally amusing 🥲

K-Pop GIF

I wanted to know how many football fields long 560 hamburgers was, since football field are an American unit of measurement.

Off to chatGPT:

To determine how long 560 hamburgers would be if placed side by side, we need to estimate the typical length of a hamburger and then multiply by the number of hamburgers.

Let's assume a typical hamburger has a diameter of about 4 inches. Therefore, the length of one hamburger, when placed flat (assuming it's circular in shape), would be approximately 4 inches.

Now, to find the total length of 560 hamburgers placed side by side:
\[ \text{Total length} = \text{Length of one hamburger} \times \text{Number of hamburgers} \]
\[ \text{Total length} = 4 \text{ inches} \times 560 \]

Performing the multiplication:
\[ \text{Total length} = 2240 \text{ inches} \]

Therefore, 560 hamburgers, when placed side by side, would be approximately 2240 inches long.
2240 inches to feet is 186.6667.
One American football field is 360 feet.

Congratulations on loosing a little over half an American football field!

cormack12

Gold Member
I was going to say well done until that music savaged my ears.

Losing weight is one of the hardest things people can do. You can't cheat, you have to put the grind in, so you should feel proud man.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

anthony2690

Congrats!

If you don't mind can you tell me how many hours/minutes walking you averaged per day?
Hey, dividing the steps by days has my average at 20k+ a day, what would be a little over 3 hours of walking a day.

Obviously it isn't quite like that though, I started at 10k a day as an early target when I was much bigger, but now walking is pretty much a hobby I genuinely really enjoy, so I think on average now I'm at about 30k-40k steps a day in recent months, but this includes work, so whilst not quite as intense I'll be on my feet for 7 hours just working, but I do an hour morning walk every morning and I do a 3 mile walk home from work what takes me 53 minutes :)

But days I'm not at work, I tend to go out and walk round beautiful places and meet with friends and just make a nice day off it, hit up Costa, or an arcade or whatever fun interesting thing I can incorporate into the day :)

Quasicat

If u don't mind, I'd like to DM you to talk about how you did it. I pretty much need to lose that amount myself.
Same here! I went to a cardiologist on my own last week to see what it takes for me to never need to see him for a procedure. He told me to cut the carbs and fast food. I would love to see success stories so I know I’m on the right track.

anthony2690

Same here! I went to a cardiologist on my own last week to see what it takes for me to never need to see him for a procedure. He told me to cut the carbs and fast food. I would love to see success stories so I know I’m on the right track.
You're more than welcome to throw me a message, but I do have a pretty bland diet, but this is more because I have always preferred bland food in general.

My weight gain in the first place was due to untreated sleep apnea, so I would literally only sleep and eat as I didn't know what was wrong with me and absolutely ballooned in weight as I always had no energy at all and the doctor pretty much always said I was fine and never once suggested this common thing that apparently 1 in 5 people have, thankfully my mother started looking after a gentleman at work with a sleep condition and we pushed for that to be looked into and I got a cpap machine, so at my biggest I was 33 stone, and then last year when I was 29 stone and 10 pounds, I thought I've got this machine, it's given me a second chance at life, I should really make an effort and take it.

And now I've lost a further 10 stone and life is amazing 😁

Last edited:

Quasicat

You're more than welcome to throw me a message, but I do have a pretty bland diet, but this is more because I have always preferred bland food in general.

My weight gain in the first place was due to untreated sleep apnea, so I would literally only sleep and eat as I didn't know what was wrong with me and absolutely ballooned in weight as I always had no energy at all and the doctor pretty much always said I was fine and never once suggested this common thing that apparently 1 in 5 people have, thankfully my mother started looking after a gentleman at work with a sleep condition and we pushed for that to be looked into and I got a cpap machine, so at my biggest I was 33 stone, and then last year when I was 29 stone and 10 pounds, I thought I've got this machine, it's given me a second chance at life, I should really make an effort and take it.

And now I've lost a further 10 stone and life is amazing 😁
That is an incredible story. I was at 325 lbs in May and was 299 this morning. It’s a slow process and one that many never see the end of. I am very proud of your progress and wish you well on meeting your goal.

anthony2690

That is an incredible story. I was at 325 lbs in May and was 299 this morning. It’s a slow process and one that many never see the end of. I am very proud of your progress and wish you well on meeting your goal.
Thank you so much :)
It genuinely means a lot to me, I am really fortunate, especially as I've managed to turn into a hobby I genuinely enjoy doing. :)

I sometimes think would I even still be here if it wasn't for my mum realising I had sleep apnea, as apparently I stopped breathing over 100+ times per hour, as my throat collapses in my sleep.

I want to lose maybe another 3 or 4 stone and build muscle, especially in my arms and chest, to match my calves what are very muscular 😅 haha

I wish you the best and hope you manage your goals too ❤️

Congrats dude.

Was it the exercise or the diet that contributed to this the most? Or was it the combination?
My diet is mostly the same, I just cut crisps out.
And my diet has always been kinda half healthy/bland, as I only really drink bottled evian water and a cold coffee frappe or two a day 😅

I'm trying to add more protein to my diet now, as I'm doing cycling, rowing and weights at the gym now too :)

I guess it's a mix of the two :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom