• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 stone lost now šŸ’Ŗ

Good shit dude! I lost about 85lbs over the last 4 years mostly through weight training and intermittent fasting. Feels amazing having the weight off my knees and low back. Can actually keep up with my kids at 43 years old! You look great OP, glad your hard work and determination paid off!

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Nice job! Without looking on Google and for the sake of personal conversation, if you donā€™t mind me asking, how much is 1 stone in pounds? Iā€™m in the states and have heard ā€œstonesā€ for weight, but never really looked into it.

anthony2690

Amazing result, congrats!

Currently on -20kgs (I made my own thread recently: Cringe - Obesity, weight loss and diabetes II | NeoGAF ), but I am on Ozempic, so I am not sure how much is the gym and its sort of easy, that you barely manage one bigger meal per day, bigger as in normal lunch.
Thank you for the kind words, I'll have a look at the thread, I googled Ozempic as I've never heard of it, but it says it's for diabetes, The idea of having to inject myself 5x times a month's sounds horrifying (as someone who genuinely really doesn't like needles) šŸ˜¢

anthony2690

The Office Congrats GIF

Inspiring stuff, keep at it man.
Great effort and discipline!

Great results, congratulations, man!
Good job!
Legendary mate. Respect.
Jesus man, you lost 10 stone.. fuck me, I'd give you a helluva pat on the back, that's an insane amount, well done
Good shit dude! I lost about 85lbs over the last 4 years mostly through weight training and intermittent fasting. Feels amazing having the weight off my knees and low back. Can actually keep up with my kids at 43 years old! You look great OP, glad your hard work and determination paid off!

Thank you so much for the super kind words everyone ā¤ļøšŸ™
Nice job! Without looking on Google and for the sake of personal conversation, if you donā€™t mind me asking, how much is 1 stone in pounds? Iā€™m in the states and have heard ā€œstonesā€ for weight, but never really looked into it.
Thank you so much :)
And there is 14 pounds per stone, so 140 pounds šŸ˜

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Thank you for the kind words, I'll have a look at the thread, I googled Ozempic as I've never heard of it, but it says it's for diabetes, The idea of having to inject myself 5x times a month's sounds horrifying (as someone who genuinely really doesn't like needles) šŸ˜¢
Its those "pen" needles, you need to visually check that you stabbed yourself because you dont feel shit. Whole "experience" of taking that drug is painless

Extraordinary op, fantastic job. That type of accomplishment can only be achieved with major lifestyle choices and changes, most people would not have the fortitude to do these things let alone stick with them.
Youā€™ve done the hard part, now you just gotta stay the course!

Also, TIL what a stone is, what the hell Britain.

ALSO, Fuck me, over 7300km walked I donā€™t even think I drove my car that far last year! Youā€™re an absolute unit son.

anthony2690

Really impressive, for what it's worth I am proud of you. Keep it up, you got this.

Shake Hands Handshake GIF by PlayStation
Thank you so much ā¤ļø

Its those "pen" needles, you need to visually check that you stabbed yourself because you dont feel shit. Whole "experience" of taking that drug is painless
That's good then, I think it's more the thought of a needle that bothers me, for instance when it comes to dentist I stress out immensely, but when I'm there it's usually super good and no issues at all šŸ˜…

Extraordinary op, fantastic job. That type of accomplishment can only be achieved with major lifestyle choices and changes, most people would not have the fortitude to do these things let alone stick with them.
Youā€™ve done the hard part, now you just gotta stay the course!

Also, TIL what a stone is, what the hell Britain.

ALSO, Fuck me, over 7300km walked I donā€™t even think I drove my car that far last year! Youā€™re an absolute unit son.
Thank you so much! ā¤ļø
Yeah thankfully I love the changes I've made and have pretty much turned it into a fun hobby and always trying to incorporate fun new activities or things to check out :)
I like what I eat and do, so I'm very fortunate!

And yeah, I am literally going through a pair of shoes a month now with the amount I walk, it's actually kinda expensive losing weight with buying smaller clothes and new footwear haha šŸ˜…

Trilobit

XWMxyi7.png

It clearly looked like he was taking a leak and being proud of losing 10 kidney stones. I'm weirdly disappointed. I think I just like reading about the relief people feel after passing these:
G5LBmpX.jpeg

anthony2690

XWMxyi7.png

It clearly looked like he was taking a leak and being proud of losing 10 kidney stones. I'm weirdly disappointed. I think I just like reading about the relief people feel after passing these:
G5LBmpX.jpeg
That's a kidney stone? Looks almost like coral or something, how does someone get a kidney stone? D;

Trilobit

That's a kidney stone? Looks almost like coral or something, how does someone get a kidney stone? D;

I haven't personally had any, only read about them on reddit and heard from a friend. Some women claim that it's much worse passing a stone than giving birth. I think you can be genetically predisposed, but otherwise not drinking enough water and maybe too much energydrinks can be a cause. So I drink a lot of water nowadays lol.

Kidneys aside, congrats on losing those stones! I've been struggling with losing some of my kilos, but it's worth the effort to feel better in many ways. šŸ’ŖšŸ’Ŗ

Last edited:
Top Bottom