• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1st day sales from Japan (aug 26) - VF:CG bombs HARD!!

u_neek

1. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Dream Carnival (PS2, Bandai)
24.000 St. [30 %]

2. Taikou Risshiden V (PS2, Koei)
15.000 St. [45 %]

3. Super Mario Ball (GBA, Nintendo)
12.000 St. [18 %]

4. Simple 2000 Series Vol. 61: The O-Ane-Chan Bara (PS2, D3)
5.300 St. [45 %]

5. Zwei!! (PS2, Taito)
4.300 St. [32 %]

6. Juusou Kihei Valken (PS2, NCS)
2.800 St. [33 %]

7. Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation: Judgment Six No Yabou (PS2, Sega)
2.000 St. [13 %]

8. Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation: Judgment Six No Yabou (GC, Sega)
900 St. [14 %]

Deg

Banned
SEGA never cease to amaze. In the wrong way fo course.

What happened to them making good games? Did they drop that too?

D2M15 said:

Oh, I don't doubt for a minute that Oanechanbara is a better game than VF:CG. Simple 2000 or no - Dynasty Warriors + Westerns + bikinis = A+. Or at least an 8.0.

It's just kind of ... sobering.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR CYBERKIDS AND THEIR CYBERSIDEKICKS AND STICK EM UP YOUR SOON-TO-BE-BANKRUPT ASS, SEGA.

u_neek said:
1. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Dream Carnival (PS2, Bandai)
24.000 St. [30 %]

2. Taikou Risshiden V (PS2, Koei)
15.000 St. [45 %]

3. Super Mario Ball (GBA, Nintendo)
12.000 St. [18 %]

4. Simple 2000 Series Vol. 61: The O-Ane-Chan Bara (PS2, D3)
5.300 St. [45 %]

5. Zwei!! (PS2, Taito)
4.300 St. [32 %]

6. Juusou Kihei Valken (PS2, NCS)
2.800 St. [33 %]

7. Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation: Judgment Six No Yabou (PS2, Sega)
2.000 St. [13 %]

8. Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation: Judgment Six No Yabou (GC, Sega)
900 St. [14 %]

You know, it's funny the PS2 version sold pretty bad considering the userbase and the amount that both versions of Virtua Fighter 4 sold. I figured numbers would atleast be much better.

Troidal

Deg said:
SEGA never cease to amaze. In the wrong way fo course.

What happened to them making good games? Did they drop that too?

IAWTP.

Not that I liked a lot of their games, but it really does surprise me how many wrong turns they've been making.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
JackFrost2012 said:
Oh, I don't doubt for a minute that Oanechanbara is a better game than VF:CG. Simple 2000 or no - Dynasty Warriors + Westerns + bikinis = A+. Or at least an 8.0.

It's just kind of ... sobering.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR CYBERKIDS AND THEIR CYBERSIDEKICKS AND STICK EM UP YOUR SOON-TO-BE-BANKRUPT ASS, SEGA.

Sega is gone... Sammy ate them up and soon will use only their characters for things that make money... Pachinko!!!

dorikyasu

61j_08.gif
>>>
sei0.jpg

:lol

snapty00

Banned
I'm hoping both Sega and Capcom are just about over their stupid "style makes games awesome wai wai!" state of mind. For the past few years, it seems like they'd release the silliest shit to see if people would eat it up. I mean, people had to like them, right? Since it had style.

snapty00 said:
I'm hoping both Sega and Capcom are just about over their stupid "style makes games awesome wai wai!" state of mind. For the past few years, it seems like they'd release the silliest shit to see if people would eat it up. I mean, people had to like them, right? Since it had style.

Oh, shut the hell up. A shitty game is still a shitty game, even if it does bleed with style and SD flare. I for one happen to like silly, stylish games, but the only way I'm going to put $50-80 bucks down on something like that is if it's pretty good.

Some of the best examples of recent stylish games are Viewtiful Joe, Jet Set Radio and Katamari Damacy. Hell, it even worked well for Zelda.

There are some games that just don't work well with this type of style. Even if Vitura Fighter: CG looked like Shenmue it would still be shit, because it's just the wrong direction for this type of game. But I bet people would still eat it up, right?

It can go both ways.

snapty00

Banned
kitchenmotors said:
Oh, shut the hell up. A shitty game is still a shitty game, even if it does bleed with style and SD flare. I for one happen to like silly, stylish games, but the only way I'm going to put $50-80 bucks down on something like that is if it's pretty good.
Yeah, it was just a coincidence that 90% of those self-proclaimed "stylish" games sucked ass.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Well, I hope Sega has learned their lesson, kiddifying Virtua Fighter won't get you more sales.

jarrod

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
btw, are those really combined sales sub-3000, or am I misreading...
Ouch! The last somewhat high profile Sega game to bomb this hard was AstroBoy PS2 (which failed to break 800 it's first day iirc). :/

I think this concept would've worked out better financially as a GBA project, maybe as a side scrolling ARPG? Kid spinoffs like Rockman.EXE and DQ Slime Morimori thrive in this market...

jarrod said:
I think this concept would've worked out better financially as a GBA project, maybe as a side scrolling ARPG? Kid spinoffs like Rockman.EXE and DQ Slime Morimori thrive in this market...

I agree with you Jarrod. I will still get the game when it goes down in price on the PS2 or GC. They should have made this game for the GBA side scrolling or made the PS2 and GC an side scrolling ARPG with a cartoon look.

Top Bottom