• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 new cs Source Screens (no 56k)

neptunes

Courtesy of www.csnation.net

image_29901.jpg

image_29902.jpg

some oldies

image_29325.jpg

image_29637.jpg

Courtesy of www.csnation.net

SKluck

Banned
I hope this doesn't mean they think they can take more time on TF2/CS2/DOD2/etc by releasing the source remakes.

beerbelly

Banned
Now this is EXACTLY what I want the new Goldeneye game to look like (unlike EA's current effort). This has the same 'quality' as N64's Goldeneye but in higher poly, clarity and res. It looks perfect.

SKluck

Banned
CS-Nation: How have you responded to community feedback on the Riot Shield? Will it be removed from CS: Source?

cliffe: The riot shield has been removed. It remains to be seen if we will experiment with alternative shield behavior in the future.

WTF? It was pretty fun to use.

crimsonheadGCN said:
I really can't wait until the beta starts for this in the next few weeks. I'm going to be buying CS: CZ just so I can be a beta tester.

Seriously, me too. I don't give a shit about CZ (I've played regular CS probably 10,000 times since June 1999) so I just want to be able to test CS:Source for free, even though it's only going to have de_dust playable (blah).

SKluck

Banned
Error Macro said:
Seriously, me too. I don't give a shit about CZ (I've played regular CS probably 10,000 times since June 1999) so I just want to be able to test CS:Source for free, even though it's only going to have de_dust playable (blah).

You do know you can only get in the CS:S beta if you bought CZ right?

SKluck said:
You do know you can only get in the CS:S beta if you bought CZ right?

Yeah, I know, that's what I was replying to. The guy said that he was buying CZ so he could get in the beta test. That's what I'm going to be doing.

Most of my time would be spent on user-made maps. I just hope someone converts cs_1337_assault, fy_snow, de_assault_upc, etc. to CS: Source.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Oh no.. this is SO not a good year for this to come out. Last year of high school and the marks really matter... :(

Damn my CS addiction.

Ferrio

Banned
I wonder if they can flesh the game out anymore. I mean new weapons would be nice but there's already a good deal in already...so what else is there to do.

Probably what they should do is get working on some interesting maps. Ones that take full advantage of Half-life 2's engine, and not just barrels in various stupid places.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Instead of using say... a fixed round... maybe include an option to include a set minute assault mode. (this would be server selectable, or something) Where the game continues at all times, not round based.

General rules would be:
5 seconds until respawn after death
8 seconds of invulnerability (enough time to buy items, plus kill possibility of spawn campers) Players invulnerable would be shown as partly transparent.
For every 10 kills a team makes, they get a point. Every VIP kill gets 5 points, every escape awards 10. (plus VIP levels might be more popular with an "assault" mode, as it's sometimes irritating when the VIP doesn't listen and wanders off, a) the round wouldn't end, and at least the team can make up for the VIP being stupid by killing the opposite team. Every bomb planted gets 3 points with detonation getting 6 points. CT Defusal would earn their team 8 points (just sake of balancing, it's easier to plant and detonate as it is to defuse) Every hostage returned would bring a point, every hostage guider (the person who presses the 'use' key) killed will gain a point for the team.

New possible game modes that I think might be an interesting twist on the Counter-Strike universe would be multiple bombs with multiple bombing points. Or multiple VIPs (for the roundbased part of the game)

Allowing VIPs to buy ammo or other pistols can also help keep the CT team alive especially since a lot of people selected as a VIP run and gun instead of sticking together as a team.

Hmm?

Top Bottom