• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Andre Drummond still has the worst touch of all time.

Jonny Flynn is now a member of the Australian League. If he bombs out of there, there will finally be a challenge to Hoffa's crown for worst basketball player ever taken in the top ten of the draft.

Poor Rodeo

AK47 needs some help on that team.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Great guy that Mike brown is. Giving the Detroit bench some quality playtime and invaluable experience against our starters.
Your starters looked like shit for like 12 games

This is practice for them

Blackace

All that experience isn't going to mean shit if they're too burnt out to capitalize on it come next year.

He's playing guys who are already fighting through injuries in a 20+ point blow out... that is incompetence at it's finest. At it's finest.
Shit if a few games of that burns your team out you had no chance to begin with

pilonv1

Jonny Flynn is now a member of the Australian League. If he bombs out of there, there will finally be a challenge to Hoffa's crown for worst basketball player ever taken in the top ten of the draft.

I just noticed that too! Playing for the Melbourne Tigers. He's easily the highest profile US import the league has had.

Maddocks

the problem is mike brown is going to push this team every game. win or lose he will overplay them. so when it comes to games that are important like playoff games or chase games to get higher in the standing they will be beat to hell as that will be game 60+

game 4 i can see why, but he has a patter of this. last season he did it. even in preseason he did it. now for 4 games he has done it.

Nori Chan

This is basically how I feel about it. If some extra minutes in games 3 and 4 of the season kill Kobe then he wouldn't have had a chance come May/June anyway.

I would really thing that it's to keep them away from the injury bug. I mean, Kobe did say he felt like his foot was about to fall off after the Clippers game. Unless that's more Kobe trolling the media.

Plus Dwight and his back.

also tacos

Nelo Ice

Banned
This is basically how I feel about it. If some extra minutes in games 3 and 4 of the season kill Kobe then he wouldn't have had a chance come May/June anyway.

That would make sense just I see Brown still pulling this shit even when the team is completely in sync. Dude will do anything to win a game even if the game is out of a reach for a loss or it's a blowout for a win.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Shit if a few games of that burns your team out you had no chance to begin with
Kobe is playing injured. He should be getting as much rest as possible. Dwight is coming back after his first major injury in his life. You don't play guys in those situations heavy minutes like this if you don't need to. Period. Especially in a twenty point 4'th quarter blow out!

Kobe is injured. It's not like he's playing heavy minutes at 100% health. He shouldn't be logging these minutes like this for no reason.

And you both need to wake up and realize Mike Clown did this type of shit consistently last year. You think this is just because it's early? You think his dumbass isn't going to be doing this bullshit all year long... come on.

pilonv1

benjamin folds ‏@BenFolds

My band Ben Folds Five are from NC and would like to volunteer to be pit band at a @bobcats game this season

Charlotte Bobcats ‏@bobcats

@BenFolds we hear you loud and clear Ben! DM us so we can exchange info and get the ball rolling...

Things keep on getting better for the Cats

Blackace

Kobe is playing injured. He should be getting as much rest as possible. Dwight is coming back after his first major injury in his life. You don't play guys in those situations heavy minutes like this if you don't need to. Period. Especially in a twenty point 4'th quarter blow out!

Kobe is injured. It's not like he's playing heavy minutes at 100% health. He shouldn't be logging these minutes like this for no reason.

And you both need to wake up and realize Mike Clown did this type of shit consistently last year. You think this is just because it's early? You think his dumbass isn't going to be doing this bullshit all year long... come on.

You need to drop the bass in your voice son.

Again at this stage I think it is good for the team to get these mins.. Brown is a bad coach but this wasn't a bad move

linsivvi

Yeah Mike Brown has problem controlling minutes. He's basically in save-his-job mode since last season and will just play the starters heavy minutes regardless of score and health to ensure the team wins as many games as possible.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Yeah Mike Brown has problem controlling minutes. He's basically in save-his-job mode since last season and will just play the starters heavy minutes regardless of score and health to ensure the team wins as many games as possible.

Yep he treats every game as a playoff game. The starters can overcome his stupidity but not the fatigue they'll get from playing them every minute he can.

Emwitus

You know what mike brown has to do? Coach! Shoot, you see the bench going to scraps....make adjustments. Try out your options, heck, give DJO some minutes, go thru ebanks etc etc and see what they can do........Seriously. So frustrating.

He needs to realize that Lakers is not the same as Cavs. They won't be satisfied with regular season wins. We want CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Phil did this all the time. Sacrificed a few games for the well being of the future. Mainly to teach the second unit a lesson (ie: you got us into this mess; get us out).

giri

He needs to realize that Lakers is not the same as Cavs. They won't be satisfied with regular season wins. We want CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Phil did this all the time. Sacrificed a few games for the well being of the future. Mainly to teach the second unit a lesson (ie: you got us into this mess; get us out).

The same phil that literally played Pau until he broke down and was useless?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
You need to drop the bass in your voice son.

Again at this stage I think it is good for the team to get these mins.. Brown is a bad coach but this wasn't a bad move
It is a bad move when the guy who is going to lead you to the promise land is already playing injured and you bring him in unnecessarily.

Mike Brown doesn't coach with the future in mind. He wants a W here and now at any cost, bigger picture be damned. He is an absolute liability.

Mike Brown's only mistake was putting Kobe back into the game in the 4th. Dwight most certainly needs playing time to work into game shape, and Pau is a work horse. You guys are overreacting.

KingJ2002

glad we got the win....

im especially happy with steve blake... keep playing on that level... so we can trade your ass.

and i understand mike putting back his starters... they were going to blow a 40 point lead... the last thing you need is to give the pistons enough momentum to get back in the game.

imagine the headlines in detroit....

"pistons overcome 40 point deficit in history making upset against new look lakers"

and the next headline would be.

"mike brown fired by lakers 4 games into season, Eddie jordan becomes interim head coach"

things to take away from this game:

+ Dwight is looking better and better with each game.
+ our point guards really stepped up and im not too concerned about nash being out because of it.
+ Pau & Metta playing well completely decimates opposing teams strategy
+ Hill is a steal as a center... he can hang with the best and because of it.. he'll have a good nba career.

- Jamison is looking like a bum out there. He looks like he can't do shit but cause turnovers. smh

Lakers-age right now
champagneshower.gif

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
MIAMI -- Another game, another banner for LeBron James.

The Miami Heat unveiled a banner Saturday night to commemorate James' participation on the gold-medal winning U.S. men's basketball team at this summer's London Olympics. It was the second banner ceremony in as many home games for the Heat, who raised one honoring the 2012 NBA championship team before their season opener on Tuesday.

lmao

How did I miss this?

Top Bottom