• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
So 3 near max contracts, an MLE on Mike Miller, contracts for Battier and Allen...how is shit like this even possible under the cap.

Makes no sense to overpay your mid-tier guys. Get two quality max players and the ring-chasers will figure shit out to play next to them.

There should be some rule against Ray to Miami shit, like if Team A eliminates Team B from the playoffs twice in three years, no player from Teams A or B can sign with the other team for at least three years from that point, or something like that.

Lakers eliminated two of their starters 2-3 years ago.

dvdjamm

jhvW8.jpg

Makes no sense to overpay your mid-tier guys. Get two quality max players and the ring-chasers will figure shit out to play next to them.

its a flawed financial system

its just fucking broken

And it's not like Miami is paying their roleplayers the vet min. Check out the salaries, keeping in mind that the salary cap is 58 million

Big 3: 51 million. That's almost the whole cap.

Mike Miller: 5.8 million

Haslem: 4 million

Chalmers: 4 million

Joel anthony: 3.75 million

Battier: 3 million

Allen: 3 million

rest of the bench: about 4 million +

I mean I wouldn't even give a fuck if they were able to keep their bird right guys and pay the tax based on whatever extensions they give them, but how the fuck can you be over the cap, having used an MLE already and still be able to sign guys straight up out of free agency.

The Lakers are guilty of this too, but it makes me salty as hell as a Wiz fan where it literally takes the luckiest shit in the world to get even ONE of these guys, and bigger market teams are not only able to attract these players but literally have no limits to how many guys they can pick up.

its a flawed financial system

its just fucking broken

And it's not like Miami is paying their roleplayers the vet min. Check out the salaries, keeping in mind that the salary cap is 58 million

Big 3: 51 million. That's almost the whole cap.

Mike Miller: 5.8 million

Haslem: 4 million

Chalmers: 4 million

Joel anthony: 3.75 million

Battier: 3 million

Allen: 3 million

rest of the bench: about 4 million +

I mean I wouldn't even give a fuck if they were able to keep their bird right guys and pay the tax based on whatever extensions they give them, but how the fuck can you be over the cap, having used an MLE already and still be able to sign guys straight up out of free agency.

The Lakers are guilty of this too, but it makes me salty as hell as a Wiz fan where it literally takes the luckiest shit in the world to get even ONE of these guys, and bigger market teams are not only able to attract these players but literally have no limits to how many guys they can pick up.

You seem awfully bitchy. Celtics not looking good as you thought?

Top Bottom