• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

giri

I had a scary thought.

The suns could end up with Melo.

With sarver telling McD to look for a bonafide star player with all the picks...

Oh god.

Can we NOT fuck this up plz. PLZ.

No really, PLEASE DON'T FUCK IT UP.

I had a scary thought.

With sarver telling McD to look for a bonafide star player with all the picks...

Oh god.

But I thought Melo was easier to build around than LeBron, Giri ;)

I had a scary thought.

Oh god.

Don't you like Melo? I don't think the Knicks will trade him though.

Not sure I get this from Philly's perspective. Asik is a great player, but he'll ruin Philly's tank and he has no chance of co-existing with Noel.
Is the deal Asik for Hawes(isn't he in a contract year) and Young? Not too bad.

Well, Asik won't mess up Philly's tank this year. sucks for Omer since he'll likely be backing up Nerlens in a year or two.

giri

But I thought Melo was easier to build around than LeBron, Giri ;)

Oh. I don't have a problem with Melo. But he just isn't what this team needs. He's in a win now state. Suns are realistically still rebuilding, they're going to come down to earth soon and loose a bunch of games in a row.

Having Melo on the team, even if he did re-sign, would lead to a bunch of win now trades, that just aren't needed.

Suns need to be ultra realistic and step back if they did that trade and look at the team.

Even if they didn't give up one of bledsoe/dragic the team would be

Bledsoe
Dragic
Melo
Frye
Plumlee.

Bled/Dragic/Melo all need the ball.

And if they did give up lets say Dragic, That would mean Gerald Green starting.

It would mean no more development chances for Alex Len too, and it would stifle the development of the Morris Twins.

My problem isn't with getting Melo, it's just that its a horrible trade for where the Suns are at now. They need to accept that they're rebuilding, they're still in development, they're a long way from finished, and are in no real position to go win now mode.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You're not keeping Bledsoe or Dragic in a hypothetical Melo trade.

giri

You're not keeping Bledsoe or Dragic in a hypothetical Melo trade.

They'd keep one of them, There's literally no point to the trade if both go.

This would be my wish list for players to target, and yeah, i understand that all of these are players everyone would want, but they make most sense to where the team is, to me.

Stephenson, Granger, Barnes, Kanter, Gallo. al Horford

Not saying they could realistically get any of them, but if they're going to trade, that would be my preferred target list.

Hey Konex, Dwight is averaging 21/17 on 64%TS in his last 5 games. Thoughts?
You forgot the most impressive part. he's shooting 68% on free throws.

Slightly better than Asik.
Gah, the suns PG's stat lines are absurd, but also eerily similar.

Dragic

19.0 ppg, .494 fg%, .348 3pt%, .798 ft%, 6.2apg, 3rpg 1spg (downside is 2.6 T/O)

Bledsoe
19.2 ppg, .493 fg%, .345 3pt%, .802 ft%, 6.3apg, 4.1rpg, 1.7spg (downside 3.4 T/O)

Dragic is also 5th in the league on drives to the basket, and Bledsoe is 15th
I'd almost put the Dragic turnovers as an upside.

giri

Gah, the suns PG's stat lines are absurd, but also eerily similar.

Dragic

19.0 ppg, .494 fg%, .348 3pt%, .798 ft%, 6.2apg, 3rpg 1spg (downside is 2.6 T/O)

Bledsoe
19.2 ppg, .493 fg%, .345 3pt%, .802 ft%, 6.3apg, 4.1rpg, 1.7spg (downside 3.4 T/O)

Dragic is also 5th in the league on drives to the basket, and Bledsoe is 15th

Knicks would be stupid to target Dragic over Bledsoe. Dragic will be getting long in the tooth when their hypothetically drafted players begin to develop...so they'll probably target Dragic.

linsivvi

The Clippers have gone from a +6.4 SRS team to a +4.2 SRS team and have gone from a +8.7 team with CP3 on-court to a +5.1 team with him on the court. Ainge killed everyone in those trades this year.

They are also one of the only 3 teams in the West that are currently losing to the East. Quite a feat.

whaa.gif.pagespeed.ce.zmppbj3aZa.gif

I am hoping Mitch is intentionally letting Antoni to continue to misuse Pau and reduce his minutes so they can low ball him next year and hire a proper coach.

Chris Herring @HerringWSJ about 4 hours ago
Folks keep talking abt how NYK should simply rebuild & trade Melo. Beyond the fact that Dolan wouldn't do that, Melo's a FA after this yr.

No team, w/out some tacit agreement to a long-term extension, is going to trade for him b4 he opts out. Would be Dwightmare all over again.

Im saying it seems highly unlikely for a team to trade away everything for Melo if they can't guarantee he'll stay once he joins their club.
/end

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Teams wouldn't trade everything away for him in the first place...

Although they should shop him out there. There might be some teams interested in acquiring him merely as a rental for the rest of the year with the assumption they'll lose him in FA.

And at the very least hes got value as an expiring contract.

Teams wouldn't trade everything away for him in the first place...

Although they should shop him out there. There might be some teams interested in acquiring him merely as a rental for the rest of the year with the assumption they'll lose him in FA.

And at the very least hes got value as an expiring contract.
/end

Ian Begley @IanBegley now
Mike Woodson says Kenyon Martin (abdominal strain) is going to be out "a little bit." He doesnt know the severity yet. #Knicks
Well there goes the last defensive frontcourt player. Wonderful.
Would be Dwightmare all over again? Doesn't he mean Melogeddon? Melo did that shit first, only wanting to sign with Knicks lol.
Actually Carmelo wanted to be traded with NY a prime target. He was willing to goto the Nets also (which of course got Dolan involved). Dwight's was infinitely longer/convoluted.

Hell, the Dwightmare was worse than The Decision.

linsivvi

The Knicks could definitely use Pringles right now. It doesn't matter if you don't defend, as long as your team can put up a lot of points, you will win some games.

The Knicks could definitely use Pringles right now. It doesn't matter if you don't defend, as long as your team can put up a lot of points, you will win some games.
not to mention D'Antoni is more willing to play guys if they'll put up effort/score. That's extremely damning to Woodson because initially he seemed to be a guy who would play guys based on effort/defend. D'Antoni loved Shumpert because his dribble-drive game as a rookie broke down defenses and although he couldn't finish for shit, he was good at making a simple pass off the dribble.

If Martin wasn't hurt I would've been VERY interested in monitoring JR's minutes tonight. The way Woodson stared him him made me think that just maybe JR broke Woodson. Now JR has to start tonight.

How was it worse? The Magic at least traded him away, the Cavs got strung out and received nothing in return, at least Dwight shedded some light on the fact he didn't want to be there.
... are we honestly going to go over the Dwightmare again? You make it sound unbelievably simple.

linsivvi

not to mention D'Antoni is more willing to play guys if they'll put up effort/score. That's extremely damning to Woodson because initially he seemed to be a guy who would play guys based on effort/defend. D'Antoni loved Shumpert because his dribble-drive game as a rookie broke down defenses and although he couldn't finish for shit, he was good at making a simple pass off the dribble.

If Martin wasn't hurt I would've been VERY interested in monitoring JR's minutes tonight. The way Woodson stared him him made me think that just maybe JR broke Woodson. Now JR has to start tonight.

Yep. As much as I hate Pringles, the Lakers would be much harder to watch if somebody like Woodson was the coach right now. As least I know the 5 copies of Nick Young on the team will make a bunch of ridiculous shots.

... are we honestly going to go over the Dwightmare again? You make it sound unbelievably simple.

I understand the whole concept of it, and what went on, I'm talking in terms of what the end result was...Howard expressed he didn't want to stay in Orlando, however LeBron did not, and held the Cavs out to dry in a process that he already knew would be the outcome.

Pkaz01

I had a scary thought.

Oh god.

Nah Mcd and horny are going to go hard at hayward

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The Cavs have been getting off to such slow starts this year. Watch for the Heat to try to blow it open early.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Why would you run a three guard set when LeBron is on the floor?

Jack was like what the fuck am I supposed to do against him?

Top Bottom