• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
So I apologize, I know this is likely an obnoxious question but I haven't had time this year to follow the NBA as closely as I usually do and just saw that the Suns are actually performing quite well. Why? How? Huh? They were a joke last season and I recall season predictions had them doing just as bad this year (although those were predictions from the very beginning of the off season).
So I am genuinely curious, why are the Suns doing so well?

So I apologize, I know this is likely an obnoxious question but I haven't had time this year to follow the NBA as closely as I usually do and just saw that the Suns are actually performing quite well. Why? How? Huh? They were a joke last season and I recall season predictions had them doing just as bad this year (although those were predictions from the very beginning of the off season).

Eric Bledsoe has superhero athleticism and is learning how to play basketball and therefore is big upgrade on Dudley.

Dragic and the Morris twins massively improved their shooting.

Miles Plumlee is somehow OK in the NBA after being a bad 23 year old college player.

They got Frye back.

I'm not sure about how those things came to be though. Their coaching has been good, but I don't know if Hornacek could have improved the offensive skills of so many different players at the same time. It's a bunch of players breaking out/having fluke years at the same time it seems like.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Eric Bledsoe has superhero athleticism and is learning how to play basketball and therefore is big upgrade on Dudley.

Miles Plumlee is somehow OK in the NBA after being a bad 23 year old college player.

They got Frye back.

I'm not sure about how those things came to be though. Their coaching has been good, but I don't know if Hornacek could have improved the offensive skills of so many different players at the same time. It's a bunch of players breaking out/having fluke years at the same time it seems like.

Interesting, thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I hope they can keep it up, I always love a surprise underdog.

Clevinger

Hornacek is a Pop-level coach. Only way it makes sense.

whatever it is, hopefully they keep it up

giri

They'll probably see if Boston is willing to play ball, trading Rondo.

Huh? They rely heavily on Hills spacing, they can't afford to trade for a PG that can't shoot. More chances of them going after Isiah Thomas than Rondo.

They got Frye back.

You left out a few things. They have 2 maybe even 3, legitimate NBA guards this year. They had 1 last year.

Gortat is gone, and i'm convinced he's a bigger cancer than people want to let on. And his stats aren't worth putting up with his bull shit. And his stats aren't that great.

That and having an actual bench has been very important. As has been Hornaceks coaching. He's doing a good job. Riding the hot hands, not making completely random subs, building decent team chemistry. The offence needs to get better in the half court, but he's doing well with what he has.

thekad

Banned
I wonder if KG can work as a backup C here. He's been so bad this season though so maybe he's just done.

At least Morey can leverage improving the Nets to raise offers from the Hawks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jeff Taylor out for the season with Ruptured Achilles :(

I really thought he was under rated

He might be done for the Bobcats man...

I really liked Taylor, but his shooting this year was abysmal - he's one of the worst catch and shoot players in the league and if he loses his athleticism... man, I just don't see him sticking around. I hope the best for the guy, but its like he just ends up playing Euroball for the rest of his career. He was really underrated. Sucks. :(

Gortat is gone, and i'm convinced he's a bigger cancer than people want to let on. And his stats aren't worth putting up with his bull shit. And his stats aren't that great..

Oh I can't disagree. We'd be way over .500 if we replaced him with a healthy Mek. I'd probably extend him because well, there's literally no one else, but the guy isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Is it weird that I don't give a shit that Harden is out?

Colonel Nasty, Parsons has been better.

I hate how we get up 15+ and we always end up giving up the fucking lead...

ipDbwEdBliA0U.gif

pilonv1

How is Houston winning without Harden?

He might be done for the Bobcats man...

I really liked Taylor, but his shooting this year was abysmal - he's one of the worst catch and shoot players in the league and if he loses his athleticism... man, I just don't see him sticking around. I hope the best for the guy, but its like he just ends up playing Euroball for the rest of his career. He was really underrated. Sucks. :(

Another Kelenna Azubuike :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Howard beastly

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So uh

If the Hornets are back in Charlotte, does this mean the banners from the Pelicans that was earned in Charlotte belong back in Charlotte?

Top Bottom