• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

828920656.gif

Went to the game last night, the atmosphere was amazing. I love the new Hornets design. It sucks that Al Jeff blew two easy chances for us to take the lead, but considering it was the Jazz I guess it was fitting. Hopefully the Panthers-Saints game this afternoon will have a better outcome.

Bowser

Went to the game last night, the atmosphere was amazing. I love the new Hornets design. It sucks that Al Jeff blew two easy chances for us to take the lead, but considering it was the Jazz I guess it was fitting. Hopefully the Panthers-Saints game this afternoon will have a better outcome.

Went to the game myself, atmosphere was electric. I'm a fan of the new logos. Love how Jordan snuck the XI Concords on Hugo lol.

Unfortunately it seems like a quarter or so of the crowd was only here for the logo reveal, as it was definitely noticeably emptier after half.

Felt like Cliff below the game by keeping Kemba/Big Al/Hendo on the pine for the first 5-6 min of the 4th. Still, can't believe we blew 3 bunnies like that. Ugh, a win would have really capped off the night.

diehard

Fleer
I mean at least Burke looks like he could be a player... and Favors is becoming consistently great on D.

shit. lowered expectations.

Bowser

Maybe the colors are off but that looks more Navy/Carolina Blue than Purple/Teal.

Also saw where Seth Curry has signed with Memphis

If you're talking about the actual logo colors, def teal and purple. As for the Jordan's, I'm just referencing the shoe design, not the colors.

Weren't you the one who used the Prince trade to illustrate how smart LOLinger is?

Trading Rudy Gay for a bunch of random guys from the Kings has dramatically improved Toronto so I think it's fair to say that trading Rudy Gay for anyone improves your team even if the guy you get in return is terrible. The trade was good because of that.

linsivvi

Trading Rudy Gay for a bunch of random guys from the Kings has dramatically improved Toronto so I think it's fair to say that trading Rudy Gay for anyone improves your team even if the guy you get in return is terrible. The trade was good because of that.

Yes, but at that time you were talking about how smart he was for getting Prince. Everybody knew Gay was poison.

Well everybody but the Kings and Colangelo.

jjasper

Weren't you the one who used the Prince trade to illustrate how smart LOLinger is?

Prince was better than Gay last year and was a much better fit for the team. Much better defense, much better entry passing, shot ok till the playoffs then he couldn't shoot outside of games 4 and 5 against the clippers. This year though he has been bad he can't really do anything.

Yes, but at that time you were talking about how smart he was for getting Prince. Everybody knew Gay was poison.

Well everybody but the Kings and Colangelo.

I thought he was smart for getting rid of Gay, I don't think I've praised Tayshaun Prince many times if ever.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=10101121

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=10101214

I can't see it in my post history, but maybe I did praise Prince and I guess that would be dumb.

I wonder if Vag still believes in Rudy Gay's talent.

giri

Prince was better than Gay last year and was a much better fit for the team. Much better defense, much better entry passing, shot ok till the playoffs then he couldn't shoot outside of games 4 and 5 against the clippers. This year though he has been bad he can't really do anything.

Prince was even playing good D all through the play offs. But he didn't have another gear to go up, and stay with everyone on offense, in the play offs.

He's pretty done. Maybe a bench role for a while, but yeah, physically, he's not there anymore.

Which sucks, but oh well.

do it mitch

Is Asik really that much better than what rolo is doing this year? rolo seems to be playing perfectly alongside LMA, not sure i'd want to break that up.

Prince was even playing good D all through the play offs. But he didn't have another gear to go up, and stay with everyone on offense, in the play offs.

He's pretty done. Maybe a bench role for a while, but yeah, physically, he's not there anymore.

Which sucks, but oh well.

Is Asik really that much better than what rolo is doing this year? rolo seems to be playing perfectly alongside LMA, not sure i'd want to break that up.

If we could get him for pennies, and he was willing to come off the bench behind rolo tony browntown, and houston was actually trading him, yes.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I don't want Asik, and maybe I'm wrong on that but he seemingly has chemistry killer written all over him now.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Elias says Bogut and D-Lee are first pair of teammates to grab 10+ boards in eight straight games since Admiral Dave and Rodman in 1993-94

Sugoi.

I don't want Asik, and maybe I'm wrong on that but he seemingly has chemistry killer written all over him now.

eh. asik was pretty good team player in his first year in houston and the bulls as well.
i'd be bitter as fuck too if some clown came in and took all my minutes.
i'd take him to portland in a heartbeat.
i coud see him making your bench top tier and getting you over the top with a 8-9man rotation come playoff time.

reilo

The Blazers are 23rd in defense and probably won't win a playoff series if they defend that poorly in the playoffs, they could definitely use Asik.
Weren't the Clippers bottom 10 in defense a couple of years ago and still beat a Top 10 defensive team in the playoffs in Memphis?

giri

The Blazers are 23rd in defense and probably won't win a playoff series if they defend that poorly in the playoffs, they could definitely use Asik.

Whilst i tend to not believe in this portland team either, Lopez has been good for them defensively. I'm not sure how much better Asik would be for them. Particularly when Asik can't catch a ball to save his life.

reilo

Whilst i tend to not believe in this portland team either, Lopez has been good for them defensively. I'm not sure how much better Asik would be for them. Particularly when Asik can't catch a ball to save his life.
As good as Asik is defensively, he's just as bad offensively. You can at least run offensive for RoLo and post him up.

I also think Morey's asking price is too high.

Portland's drtg is pretty baffling. I know they aren't an elite team, but batum, matthews, lma, and lopez are all above average at their positions. I guess the bench is pretty awful, and with meyers in the rotation it's only going to get worse.

Asik would definitely be an upgrade for the team if we didn't give up any rotation players, but I would have him coming off the bench to shore up the inside when lopez and lma are resting.

giri

As good as Asik is defensively, he's just as bad offensively. You can at least run offensive for RoLo and post him up.

I also think Morey's asking price is too high.

I guess the argument is thought that LMA will be taking all of the "bigs" shots.

Portland always needed to put a legitimate C next to LMA. And they have that now. And they got it whilst not having to give up a whole lot. Getting Asik could cost them depth that isn't there already. So while he might be an upgrade at C, what will it ultimately cost the team.

I just don't see an asik trade as an out of place, or a, taking another step trade trade for portland, that it would be for teams like atlanta.

And i'm not sure whats in it for the rockets anyway. With bev out and Lin still injured, is it a play for mo williams?

reilo

I guess the argument is thought that LMA will be taking all of the "bigs" shots.

Portland always needed to put a legitimate C next to LMA. And they have that now. And they got it whilst not having to give up a whole lot. Getting Asik could cost them depth that isn't there already. So while he might be an upgrade at C, what will it ultimately cost the team.

I just don't see an asik trade as an out of place, or a, taking another step trade trade for portland, that it would be for teams like atlanta.

And i'm not sure whats in it for the rockets anyway. With bev out and Lin still injured, is it a play for mo williams?
And Portland wouldn't dare giving up their only legitimate backup player until McCollum gets some playing time. And Mo's been fantastic in his role.

CJ was just cleared to play, but who knows when that will be.

Top Bottom