• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

I guess the argument is thought that LMA will be taking all of the "bigs" shots.

Portland always needed to put a legitimate C next to LMA. And they have that now. And they got it whilst not having to give up a whole lot. Getting Asik could cost them depth that isn't there already. So while he might be an upgrade at C, what will it ultimately cost the team.

I just don't see an asik trade as an out of place, or a, taking another step trade trade for portland, that it would be for teams like atlanta.

And i'm not sure whats in it for the rockets anyway. With bev out and Lin still injured, is it a play for mo williams?

"a play for mo williams" is what echoes through mo's head anytime he catches the ball

Asik turned a team with zero defensive personnel into an OK defense when he was on the court last year while still not hurting the team's offense that much. I don't think Houston would be interested in trading him to the Blazers for what they have, but he would help pretty dramatically.

But looking at the Blazers' plus-minus stuff, it seems that as long as Thomas Robinson isn't in the game, they're fine defensively. When TRob is in the game, they're a total catastrophe so maybe their problems defensively will diminish once LMA starts getting 42 MPG in the playoffs or maybe they can just find a defensive big who can play hard for 8 minutes a night (though you still want to be better than just OK)

jjasper

@ChrisVernonShow: Hearing Marc Gasol could be back in 2 weeks. Marc thinks 10 days, docs leanin 20, so split the difference.

So at worst 9 more games.

Mon, Dec 23 vsUtah
Thu, Dec 26 @Houston
Sat, Dec 28 vsDenver
Mon, Dec 30 vsChicago
Thu, Jan 2 @Phoenix
Fri, Jan 3 @Denver
Sun, Jan 5 @Detroit
Tue, Jan 7 vsSan Antonio
Fri, Jan 10 vsPhoenix

h3ro

I just landed in New Dehli, India a few hours ago. I'm here for some relief work and for the holidays. While exiting the airport, I ran into Indian Santa. He asked me what I wanted for Christmas.

I asked him to save the Knicks.

He looked confused, smiled and said "God bless you child."

Even Santa said fuck da knicks.

giri

I just landed in New Dehli, India a few hours ago. I'm here for some relief work and for the holidays. While exiting the airport, I ran into Indian Santa. He asked me what I wanted for Christmas.

This should be on the knicks locker room wall

Sanjuro

I was with you when you fucked the knicks.

Trading Gay away.. best trade of all time? Or worst trade of all time?

It and the Bargnani trade were just terrible moves. Could you imagine both of them on the same team with Advanced Stat traded away? White Vegas would have around three wins right now and they'd be cruising towards either Embiid or Parker. You don't just break up tanking dynasties like Gay-Bargnani.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It and the Bargnani trade were just terrible moves. Could you imagine both of them on the same team with Advanced Stat traded away? White Vegas would have around three wins right now and they'd be cruising towards either Embiid or Parker. You don't just break up tanking dynasties like Gay-Bargnani.

Byron Mullens farts in your general direction

*peks makes a layup*

Michael smith: "peks leads the league in layups"
ralph lawler: "what do you mean he leads the league in layups"
Michae smith: "i mean he leads the league in layups"

invaluable commentating you got there bros

thekad

Banned
Too bad guys like Amir and Lowry are so undervalued (just look how little they're paid). Masai is going to get pretty much nothing but second rounders and maybe a heavily protected first if he trades them away for tank reasons.

Rajon Rondo was asked on Sunday about whether a return in January is realistic for him as he comes back from a torn ACL.

"No," Rondo said. "I've had one practice and a pickup game. My endurance is key for me."

I mean, it's not like the Celtics have anything to gain from him trying to come back quickly.

Top Bottom