• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Knicks pls
d5uTVls.gif

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @JonesOnTheNBA: I compared the Kobe/Shaq in summer 04 to situation to Dwight/Kobe. See a ton of parallels. Lakers went with older player this time.

This is true. Lakers fans are easy to forget. Gotta protect Prince Kome.

RT @JonesOnTheNBA: I compared the Kobe/Shaq in summer 04 to situation to Dwight/Kobe. See a ton of parallels. Lakers went with older player this time.

This is true. Lakers fans are easy to forget. Gotta protect Prince Kome.

kind of a dumb comparison. even if the Lakers wanted to trade Kobe and keep Dwight, where would they trade him to? He had a NTC, a torn achilles and $30 million in salary due to him. I guess you could amnesty him, but there is no guarantee that Dwight would resign even then. Why? To stay with a crap roster and a coach he doesn't like for a year or two? Dwight clearly didn't want to be a part of a rebuilt, which would have inevitably happened in LA in the next 2 years.

The Knicks gave up Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and a ton of first round picks for Melo. They have no picks left to trade so I'm not sure how Rondo could even force his way to New York.

What even drives Rondo anyway?

He barely seemed to give any fucks in the middle of the big threes prime years, didn't care too much about maximizing his salary..he seems like an emotionless husk that just wants to play basketball.

You can thank Shaq for those.

Yep. Just Shaq, Kobe had nothing to do with those rings in any significant fashion.

WadWHSk.jpg

QYaB97M.jpg

reilo, I thought we were bros, bonding over free Egg McMuffins at the Rose Garden and all. Why all the Fox News-esque misinformation about that Laker 3 Peat?

I don't really see how that will help the Lakers lose though.

I thought about making this joke too, lol.

Smith, whom the Knicks gave two precious roster spots (if we count his brother Chris) and a three-year contract this summer even after knowing he'd have to undergo major knee surgery, has been an absolute poisonous player. He's somehow shooting better on 3s (34.9 percent) than 2s (34.5 percent). Shooting 34.5 percent on six two-pointers per game is a historic level of stink. No one who has played big minutes has done that since the 3-point line was invented, according to Basketball-Reference.com.

If Smith did anything else on the court, that wouldn't be a problem. But scoring is legitimately the only reason he's an NBA player, and he can't even do that right now.

Bargnani is an issue of a different sort. His height has predictably hypnotized Mike Woodson into thinking he is anything other than a shooting guard who happens to be 7 feet tall. If Woodson is shocked to find out that a lineup featuring Bargnani can't rebound or defend, he obviously didn't bother to watch the Toronto Raptors play basketball over the past half-decade. Bargnani currently has a lower rebound rate than Lance Stephenson. According to NBA.com data, the Knicks are a bottom-two defense when he's on the floor (107.7 points allowed per 100 possessions) and a top-10 defense when he's on the bench (101.6 points allowed per 100 possessions). Who could've seen that coming? Oh, every Raptors fan.

lolknicks

Don't you guys remember this

http://nypost.com/2010/03/22/dantoni-i-dont-like-to-play-bad-rookies/

The war of words between Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni and Jordan Hill is on.

D’Antoni got his hackles up before yesterday’s Rockets showdown when The Post asked him about ex-Knick Hill’s recent remarks. Hill said he couldn’t strut his stuff in New York because D’Antoni isn’t fond of playing rookies.

“Where does that come from?” D’Antoni said. “Seriously. It’s something that cracks me up. I don’t play rookies? I don’t like to play bad rookies.”

Top Bottom