• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

DominoKid

James Michael McAdoo is leaving college, two years too late.

This dude literally went from top 5 to not mentioned at all.

were free
iRsmdCrs74Eqx.png

Brice Johnson season approaching.
LnPVbvs.jpg

Fjordson

McAdoo sucks. Sort of surprised he's leaving, though. They just said on ESPN that Chad Ford has him listed at #60. Wonder if he could go undrafted.

Talon

UNC fans hate on JMM like he was Josh Hairston. You guys always seem to have a player that hangs around and you can't wait for him to bolt. I remember yall felt the same about Tyler Zeller as well, before his senior year. Not saying Duke fans don't have their own players they want out (like said Hairston) but usually those players really suck in contrast.
Tired of watching him play. He couldn't decide whether to go strong to the rack or not half the time. Mostly annoyed by how stupidly he played when it came to fouls. No reason a junior at this level should be picking up his fourth foul on over the backs that often.

I had nothing against Zeller. Fuck Gibbs for getting Kendall hurt. Should been F4 bound at least. :(
I'm guessing he just finally got tired of college and decided to leave. Money-wise he probably would've been better served just staying next year too and coming out in a weaker draft.

Carolina has themselves a squad with PBJ coming in. I think for all the talk about how the ACC has changed, we're going to see a more traditional standings next year with UNC and Duke battling for first.
Yeah, next year should be much better for Heels fans. Paige, Jackson, and Pinson should be a lot of fun to watch. I really hope Topoko figures out how to shoot at some point. Dude's so fucking athletic that it's a waste...

Maybe Kennedy Meeks will get off the Burger King diet.

John Dell ‏@johndellWSJ 3m
Look for story @JournalNow Danny Manning will be the new basketball coach at wake forest

John Dell ‏@johndellWSJ 5m
Dan Collins confirms Danny Manning will be the new basketball coach at wake forest

Danny Manning to Wake. I think that filled the last ACC opening.

SportsCenter ✔ @SportsCenter

THIS JUST IN: Doug McDermott wins 2014 #WoodenAward. Creighton F finishes his career as NCAA's No. 5 all-time scorer.

Shock of the Year I'm sure

Gorillaz

I don't know if anyone is watching this but on BTN (big ten channel but it might vary on area obviously) they are doing interviews right now.

Coach Cal just had a pretty good one, came at the back end of it but there will probably be more from him and the team and even possibly other teams today

Fjordson

Off-season time boys =[

Depressed we lost and the way we shot at the line (sub-50% ugh) but what are ya gonna do. Was a fun year regardless. Hopefully Cal can get that hip replacement surgery now :lol feel bad for the dude the way he's been limping around.

Wonder who the earlier favorite is next year. I'd guess Duke.

Did not watch. (Did not check the score until a moment ago, would not check Twitter...)

Eh, it's better than Kentucky winning. (Sorry, BBN.) This was one of those games where nothing good could come of it, as this Duke fan likes neither program. But sans Calhoun, I dislike UConn a little less.

Fjordson

Impossible to even make a prediction about us next year until we know who is coming back.
That's what I'm saying. Media is so dumb. I'm sure they'll put us in the top 5 regardless and then they'll all start freaking out and getting on Cal when we lose our first game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I would imagine that UConn has to be a UNC fan's second favorite team after cock blocking Duke and UK out of two NCs each.

Fuck those guys.

and congrats

:mad:

Fjordson

I would imagine that UConn has to be a UNC fan's second favorite team after cock blocking Duke and UK out of two NCs each.

Fuck those guys.

and congrats

:mad:
Didn't think of that :lol

I'm still bummed about this loss. Especially with all these rumors of Calipari going to the Lakers. Really hoping they're just rumors. We're probably fucked for at least a few years if he leaves. Can't think of any great candidates who are free or would leave their current jobs.

Rex Chapman (who keeps swearing he has inside info that the Lakers want Calipari) is saying Sean Miller would be at the top of UK's list, but I don't think he would leave Arizona.

There's no divisions in the B1G for basketball. That's only for football.

That's cool, but an oft-heard refrain among Maryland fans has always been that they're not Duke or Carolina's top rival. I will take every chance I get to dig into those turtles about still not having teams to reciprocate the hate. ;)

I refuse to put any stock in pre-season poll that has Duke in the top 5. This team hasn't earned a thing except for two first round exits in the past three years. This year (the year that just ended) I bought into the hype and got burnt. Not again.

Put them at 25 and make them work their way up. (Assuming neither Jabari or Hood stay, if they do, put them at 15)

thefro

That's cool, but an oft-heard refrain among Maryland fans has always been that they're not Duke or Carolina's top rival. I will take every chance I get to dig into those turtles about still not having teams to reciprocate the hate. ;)

That's a valid point... unless Penn State or Rutgers suddenly start caring about BBall they're definitely not going to have any basketball rivals.

Indiana fans don't like them because they cost us a title in 2002 but that's not enough for them to leapfrog 7-8 other B1G teams. And Kentucky or Louisville would instantly be a bigger rivalry if those start up again as series.

Let's keep it rolling

Jeff Goodman ✔ @GoodmanESPN

Yes, sources told ESPN that BC's Jim Christian is on the verge of hiring Maryland's Scott Spinelli. Would be a major coup for Christian.

Saw on Twitter (different device, no quote, but look up @PatForde or @adamcohenIU) that student tickets at Indiana are going up to $20 next year.

How many universities actually charge students for tickets? How many of them have the gumption to raise the price after a down year?

Still (a bit curiously) waiting on the decisions from Hood and Parker.

I would've thought Rodney would've been a slam dunk to leave and declare right after the season ended. Jabari's circumstances are a bit different and I think he's the type of kid to try to overanalyze it, but he'd eventually end up declaring as well.

They still have to the early decision deadline April 27th though. The deadline for withdrawing after you put your name in is the 15th.

Fjordson

I really have no idea who will leave from UK. I was certain it would be only Randle, Cauley-Stein and Young for most of the season, but now I'm assuming more will go.

My gut on Hood is that Duke is going to control the information, and they'll simply make one announcement. The only thing in the air is if it will have one name (Hood is a given, I'm sure of it) or two. They're just waiting on Parker.

Of course, this simply means Hood will announce his intentions in 15 minutes and they'll confirm they still have no idea what Jabari is doing.

Saw on Twitter (different device, no quote, but look up @PatForde or @adamcohenIU) that student tickets at Indiana are going up to $20 next year.

How many universities actually charge students for tickets? How many of them have the gumption to raise the price after a down year?

They charge $200 here for bball and thats just the big 10 games, OOC games cost 15-20. Football is $300 for in season, all the other sports are free.

Top Bottom