• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Silkworm

Well there you go, UK pride in effect. Gators not playing smart. It's a ballgame now. Ugh. Exactly how you shouldn't start a 2nd half when you have a 21 point lead.

SyNapSe

Wiggins has done everything he can to get KU back into the game. 39 points on 11-15 shooting. Rest of the team 34 points on terrible shooting.

This might be the strangest atmosphere I can remember. Even when KU was down 20+ the WVU fans boo every call that doesn't go there way.
To put a point on it.. Staten (WVU) drove over near WVs bench. Lucas tried to slide his feet. The ref is standing right on the sideline.. calls blocking so foul on Kansas. Then immediately turns to the bench and hits them with a Technical. I don't remember ever seeing the team that got the foul getting a technical. It's supposed to be the other way lol

Silkworm

Congrats Gator-GAF. First team to go 18-0 in the SEC I think.
It's pretty dang sweet :) If there were 18 SEC games back in 2012, I'm sure UK would have set that record first but glad UF got it first. ;-)

UK really acquitted themselves well in the 2nd half. If they can put two halves together like that they'll be fine. They played in control and got the lead down to 6 points in the 2nd half when they could have folded after trailing big at the half. Anyway, hope UF and UK meet again in the SEC tournament (presumably if they do that would be in the final).

Silkworm

Gata fans.

Has Kasey Hill been getting minutes all year? I forgot all about him.

Yes (if you mean reasonable minutes for a freshman; obviously more than C Walker), especially after Kasey healed up after his groin injury which had him sitting out 3 games (he played a lot at the beginning of the season as well while Wilbekin served his suspension for numerous games). He definitely adds another dimension to the offense (so fast driving to the bucket!) and glad UF could use him for a long stretch in the 1st half today when Wilbekin got two fouls early.

He's definitely been playing more with the last couple of games and probably will continue into post season.

Edit: I think at one point Kasey also had a high ankle sprain early in the start of SEC season that kept him out for a bit. Glad he's fully recovered and can spell Wilbekin.

Fjordson

Gata fans.

Has Kasey Hill been getting minutes all year? I forgot all about him.
Decent amount (not a Gator fan, but have watched them a lot).

Though I believe he battled some sort of minor injury early in the season, so that may be limiting him somewhat still. Wouldn't call him a focal point of their offense or anything, but he looks good. Should be ready to take over next year when Wilbekin is gone.

edit: beaten badly by Silky

Wellscha

Yeah, I'm not not upset with this loss. I'm glad the team fought back, I went from being upset and angry to just disappointed, at the end of the day it is a tough loss.

Karl2177

I'm just saying regardless of what Joe Linardi is showing, 8-10 in conference will be a huge hurdle to overcome by the committee. Smart's 3 game absence and a solid non conference should help, but it will be close

Yeah, but going to OT with a top 15 RPI twice and beating the no. 2 RPI is huge. It also helps OSU that the B12 has really good depth.

Yeah, but going to OT with a top 15 RPI twice and beating the no. 2 RPI is huge. It also helps OSU that the B12 has really good depth.

This isn't hockey, you don't get credit for taking a team to OT. The Big12 is the strongest conference on paper, but because much of the committee has the B1G = ACC >>>> all other conferences mentality it will be even harder for that 8-10 record to get them in. I still think if OSU wins a round in the Big 12 tournament, they're in

thefro

Fire Ford.

A44G28g.jpg

Mike Davis says hire me and you can be a 4 seed

inm8num2

WOODEN AWARD FINALISTS
Kyle Anderson, UCLA
Cleanthony Early, Wichita State
Tyler Ennis, Syracuse
C.J. Fair, Syracuse
Gary Harris, Michigan State
Nick Johnson, Arizona
Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati
Doug McDermott, Creighton
Shabazz Napier, Connecticut
Jabari Parker, Duke
Casey Prather, Florida
Julius Randle, Kentucky
Russ Smith, Louisville
Nik Stauskas, Michigan
Andrew Wiggins, Kansas

source

Z_Y

Think it's over. Wiggins fouled out. 41 pts, 9 rebs, 4 steals, 5 blocks. He got us back in it at least

Wiggins is the best player I have ever seen play at the Coliseum. Ridiculous talent. I'd rather not have to face him ever again but I'll make an exception if it means we made a nice little run in the b12 tourney. :)

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 4m
Tony Romo sitting right next to Jahlil Okafor

TheDevilsDen.com ‏@TheDevilsDen 4m
@laurakeeley hopefully the romoisms won’t rub off on him.

Duke of Hoops ‏@DukeOfHoops 4m
@laurakeeley hope @BigJah22 is giving him tips on passing

AllMyTeamsBlow ‏@MetsMike_129 4m
Nooooooooooooooooooo “@laurakeeley: Tony Romo sitting right next to Jahlil Okafor”

Doug Ropp ‏@Dworldhoops 3m
@laurakeeley hopefully okafor sends him a chicago bear elbow.

MMA_PITBULL ‏@MMA_PITBULL 3m
@laurakeeley hopefully he doesn't decommit

Silkworm

would Arizona even drop in the polls with that loss?
I guess Villanova could jump them, maybe

If Duke wins tonight, who cares if they lost to Wake Forest, they'll move up in the polls to #3!

;-)

Edit: Romo needs to get some tips from Cutcilffe while at Duke! :-D BTW Duke is playing great so far!

Kevtones

pac12 refs are so suspect

Both games looked to be blatantly in Arizona's favor. Gordon already gets calls.
Oregon should've swept Arizona this year (they were ahead the whole time Tucson).

Oregon's recent losses before their 7 game win-streak:

@ ASU by 2 points
@ Zona by 2 points
Stanford by 2 points
UCLA by 2 points
@ UW by 4 points

Hell, they win 2/3 of those games and they're clear cut #2 in the conference. Their RPI should be in the high 20s tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
We're still so cold from behind the arc...and how the hell is UNC making every FT?

Top Bottom