• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

giri

He had Ewing for years and for a few months Kareem and he had already paid to work out with Hakeem, it all did nothing. That's all I'm saying. He will add little to nothing to his game, he's been the same player for years.

he added some post game towards the end of his time in orlando, before the back injury. But the back injury saw him totally regress. And it's never been seen since.

But i don't think a back to the basket game suit his skills or build at all. If he can't get great post position really early in the clock (like, first 5 seconds) i'd move the possession on entirely and just work on PnR stuff.

TBH, he'd be much much better off putting time into working on his FT form, rhythm, and routine than he would on complicated post moves he doesn't have the skills set for.

Sports Whispers ‏@SportsWhispers 35m
Celtics were in discussions with the Suns about a trade that would send Gerald Wallace to Phoenix for a combination of Beasley, Frye & Scola

What? That trade doesn't even make sense. And the salaries don't match. But the suns would be taking on more guaranteed years of wallace, when beasley's contracts not guaranteed next year, frye has a player option, and scola is only costing $5M.

Dno't get me wrong, i want Beasley out of PHX, but nothing there adds up.

21376_574130362638253_140756782_n.jpg

Fatalah

Saw it today. Dem fight scenes my god. Want to see it again in Imax/3D

Also:

790258778.jpg

yao is a beast o_o

howard is going to have all the help he wants here from a teaching standpoint. That's not even factoring in McHale. He really has no excuse anymore.

6a00d83451c3cb69e2011571003ddb970b-320wi

Man, Howard's had the best coaches. He spent years with Ewing in Orlando too!

Anyway, the Rockets have a heck of a marketable team. They're young and fun. Somehow, I can see Dwight and Lin getting along famously.

shira

6a00d83451c3cb69e2011571003ddb970b-320wi

Man, Howard's had the best coaches. He spent years with Ewing in Orlando too!

Anyway, the Rockets have a heck of a marketable team. They're young and fun. Somehow, I can see Dwight and Lin getting along famously.

Well without Ewing he's got more breathing room.

Pkaz01

What? That trade doesn't even make sense. And the salaries don't match. But the suns would be taking on more guaranteed years of wallace, when beasley's contracts not guaranteed next year, frye has a player option, and scola is only costing $5M.

Dno't get me wrong, i want Beasley out of PHX, but nothing there adds up.

I agree I don't know if we can get someone back better than wallace with that package as far as skill goes but we can definitely get more useful assets like picks and at least one young prospect. scola and frye would both be good on a contender or wannabe

masud

Banned
As for coming home, the Queensbridge product said: " I wanted to play in New York when I was in my prime and I was a young, fierce, lock-down [defender]. Madison Square Garden, that would have been sick. But right now, China is way more adventurous for me.’’

Being a little too transparent here. Starting to worry that someone's gonna call his bluff. (Also the first half of that quote makes me incredibly sad)

Fjordson

Howard seems short in that photo. For some reason I've always thought he was a legit 7 feet, but he doesn't even seem as tall as Hakeem there (who I'm pretty sure is an inch or two under 7 feet).

giri

Howard seems short in that photo. For some reason I've always thought he was a legit 7 feet, but he doesn't even seem as tall as Hakeem there (who I'm pretty sure is an inch or two under 7 feet).

Dwights never been 7 foot.

Remember, he was drafted as a SF or something. Or maybe that was college.

But even in the Team USA photo's he was shorter than Amare etc.

Vahagn

This has been several years already of people coming to LA on short term deals to boost their market value and bounce.

I'm cool with Swaggy and Wes and Kaman this year cuz this year's a throwaway anyway. We're not gonna be bad enough to get Wiggins or Parker and not gonna be good enough to win or even get to the second round even if we make the playoffs.

So fuck it, D'Antoni ball try to score 110 every game I guess? This is the first time in a long time I've gone out of the summer thinking "we got no shot at winning this thing"

linsivvi

Farmar, Young, Kaman, Wesley Johnson.

The tank lineup is almost complete.

I think Jim is trying to get under the luxury tax threshold to avoid paying the repeater rate. They are $4.5M off now.

Emwitus

Tyson Chandler was projected as a possible SF when he was drafted, might be who you were thinking of
Dwight is 6 10. His athleticism makes him play bigger than he is. The guy is going to be useless in a few years of he doesn't develop a reliable post game or good hands

fertygo

Dwight is 6 10. His athleticism makes him play bigger than he is. The guy is going to be useless in a few years of he doesn't develop a reliable post game or good hands

Dwight's athleticism is the kind that friendly with age though, he have reflex and vertical.. not quickness and all that flash.. maybe his vertical would decline, but he still have insane wingspan.

He's still gonna be elite at least in defensive end for good 5 year, except if his back is fucked from now and haunt him.

Bargnani seems like a pretty self-aware guy.

Q: Give a scouting report on yourself.

A: I can really do everything — I can dribble, I can shoot from outside, of course, I can play in the low block. ... Offensively, I do a little bit of everything. Depends who’s guarding me ... where’s the mismatch? I can’t even tell you what I like to do the most. ... I like to do everything ... good in any position.

Q: Can you play good defense?
A: For sure, yeah.

Did we really just sign Wesley Johnson?

Yeah. Stu Lance should be real happy. He's always liked Wes' game.

Can someone who has watched the guy a lot explain why he's never really blossomed into a great shooting guard/SF?

So Lakers big off-season is Kaman, Nick Young and Wes Johnson?

It's actually a good move. Individually it won't seem as much, but considering how limited they are $$$, and considering they have been horrible at developing their young talent (outside of Kobe) they have made the moves they stated that they needed to make this off season.

Kaman + Pau = a pretty good center rotation

Wes + Nick = wing players that are better offensively and defensively (not saying they are good defenders) than Meeks/Blake/Morris/Glock

The Lakers will probably win 39 games this season. They won't make the playoffs, but they "should" be competitive with Pau as the starting center.

I swear everyone on the internet just jizzes their pants when discussing Bledsoe. What's the deal guys? Is any of the hype warranted? What say you, Adam?

At lest we can say the Lakers got more athletic, and you have to give it up to Mitch. I hope he remains with LA for ever. The dude is so good at his job.

Top Bottom