• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014/15 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juve vs Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

Suarez tended to struggle against the big sides for Liverpool, i think maybe he put too much pressure on himself. It'll be interesting to see how he does tonight.

Hoping for a Barca win for him.

He scored against Madrid a few months back, assisted in the game vs Bayern, and has some of the best stats in Europe this season. He'll be fine.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Suarez tended to struggle against the big sides for Liverpool, i think maybe he put too much pressure on himself. It'll be interesting to see how he does tonight.

Probably because he was alone in Liverpool, this season has shown has important he was to them. From almost winning the EPL to not making the CL in the following year.

In Barcelona he has Neymar and Messi, not Raheem Sterling and Sturridge.

Scored against Madrid, PSG, City, Atletico Madrid and has consistently turned up to provide assists in all his games since starting at Barca. Lad doesn't need tonight to prove himself.

danthefan

From a neutral point of view, the best team just steamrolling everyone is boring so hoping against hope that Juve can win this one. I think Barca will be much too strong though tbh.

I want Barca to win.

I want to hear the praise Luis Enrique will get for being a mastermind/footballing genius for winning a treble in his first season as manager for Barca.

Come on Juventus, Pirlo needs another cup in his portfolio

As for people still going

This league > this league, go get a life already. Don't like, don't watch.

bjaelke

Ter-Stegen, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Neymar, Suarez, Messi.

Buffon, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Evra, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal, Tevez, Morata.

Brace for Messi, yellow for Lichtsteiner. It is written.

Does Sepp Blatter have anything to do with presenting the trophy normally or is it Plattini due to being a UEFA competition?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I want Barca to win.

I want to hear the praise Luis Enrique will get for being a mastermind/footballing genius for winning a treble in his first season as manager for Barca.
Pep will always be a god to Barça fans but I'm interested in seeing how neutrals will view him if Enrique suceeds in the treble.

To Enrique's credit, he did a great job with squad rotation after the Sociedad disaster.

I want Barca to win.

Not sure if joking but Enrique is far from a footballing genius or mastermind. His success has come more from the players all coming together under him (the front three hitting their stride, Xavi and Rakitic playing well, the defence being solid). Though he can be credited with the position rotations between Messi and Suarez that have led to a more comfortable position for both and playing up the more counter-attacking/press-heavy nature whilst retaining the usual possession dominance (though I think that's mainly because they have Suarez on their team).

He's made a lot of very poor decisions otherwise.

Orbis

juve pls bring 2 buses
Need more than two.
busjam4.jpg

jrush64

Banned
Up Juve!!! Remember the Inter Milan vs Barcelona match some years ago?? If Juve plays like Inter did, they'll win. Barcelona has no plan B.

Given Chiellini has made terrifying mistakes in almost every Juventus CL game this season, he's probably not the difference-maker.

Also, if you're a neutral but root for Barcelona you're probably a bad person.

Hoping for a Juve goal in first half or 0-0. Or else it feels it gonna be a rough night. Almost feels that Barca can run a way with it by a large margin like 3-4goals. Still have hope for a strong defense from Juve even with Chiellini gone.

Clegg

An opening ceremony for the CL final?

God, football has really gone to shite in recent years. Pls Murica, find something dodgy on Platini.

keit4

Banned
Easy win for Barça, Juve is a second tier team. They had the luck to play against Madrid in their worst moment of the season, otherwise it would be an all La Liga final.

Blablurn

Easy win for Barça, Juve is a second tier team. They had the luck to play against Madrid in their worst moment of the season, otherwise it would be an all La Liga final.

with posts like this its gonna be soooo fun for juve fans to come into this thread if they make it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom