• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

R8TEDM3

14093486457_bce63e33cc_o.png

14093400718_0421e82b30_o.png

Shumafuk

Beautiful Morrowind shots. But I want to click them to enlarge not go to flickr's 2/3 view of the image. =)

I paste links in full res directly from flickr (get direct link to picture is not very intuitive on flickr). Forum layout shrink that anyway, or not?

I paste links in full res directly from flickr (get direct link to picture is not very intuitive on flickr). Forum layout shrink that anyway, or not?

If you post a screenshot larger than anyone's monitor can display in a browser, the browser will resize it. To see the full-size, you just click the image and it will expand. However, there has been a growing trend of people making their images links, so instead of expanding, they get directed to a different web site. What's worse is that people are linking to their photo page instead of just linking to the full sized image. Flickr shows a sharpened and compressed image on the photo page. Nobody here wants to see that.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Gonna share this one last time for the Flickr users since it's been updated with pretty neat functionality.

I updated the Chrome extension (OG Flickr)that lets you right click on the photo page to get the original size image.

Now, to save you one more click, you don't even have to go to the photo page, you can just right click an image in the gallery view and it'll take you straight to the full sized image from there!

And so that I'm not just spamming that extension, here is a picture of my Dark Souls II character, who is clearly compensating for something.

14097641769_32287ce6a0_o.jpg

Dark Souls 2

screenshot_2014-05-242zsrx.jpg

You have a truly deep love for pictures of lighting bonfires lol.

Gonna share this one last time for the Flickr users since it's been updated with pretty neat functionality.

I updated the Chrome extension (OG Flickr)that lets you right click on the photo page to get the original size image.

That's pretty fantastic. Many thanks! Makes Flickr a lot more bearable. If only it went 1 step further and actually pulled up the image and not the image page.

Not sure if you can do that. I've never messed around in making extensions for chrome. I made a few greasemonky scripts for firefox a long time ago but I've become super lazy.

Regardless, this will definitely come in handy. Especially now that I'm feeling that urge to take a few screenshots again.

O_O

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That's pretty fantastic. Many thanks! Makes Flickr a lot more bearable. If only it went 1 step further and actually pulled up the image and not the image page.

Not sure if you can do that. I've never messed around in making extensions for chrome. I made a few greasemonky scripts for firefox a long time ago but I've become super lazy.

Regardless, this will definitely come in handy. Especially now that I'm feeling that urge to take a few screenshots again.

O_O

The initial goal was to be able to right click any image,select "Get Original Size" and it would just copy the full size URL to your clipboard, but there's too much randomness involved in the way Flickr gets the URL's for their direct image links, so I can't parse out what the final URL will be from the current one.

There are some little bugs I've noticed, and if I find a way to work them out I'll be continuing to improve the extension bit by bit.

Shumafuk

Now, to save you one more click, you don't even have to go to the photo page, you can just right click an image in the gallery view and it'll take you straight to the full sized image from there!

Any version for Firefox?

Someone needs to make a camera/screenshot hack for Watch Dogs.

Seeing that same pose in every pic is getting annoying, even a couple days in.

Does it really look that bad when you aren't snapping with the DOF on as he reaches for his phone?

Top Bottom