• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

crysis22014-05-2409-0jkoar.png

crysis22014-05-2400-2w6rtc.png

BONKERS

I really regret what a waste of great potential C2's MP was.

Micromanagement of suit energy made or broke the best players. Perks for playing well were mostly great too, since to get them not only did you have to kill people, but you had to take the time to individually recover their dog tags while staying alive. (is too bad servers couldn't handle the load from the orbital laser though lol. Those made for some hilarious lagtastic moments)

The game was really balanced too aside from shitty netcode/inaccurate kill cams, the K-Volt and a few other things. And instead of just fixing what needed to be improved a little bit, they screwed up everything a little bit more with each patch. (Thanks to listening to all the people who whined, didn't understand the distribution of damage per body part, damage per bullet at range,etc ) Making a lot of weapons unviable when they previously were. (Really only the things that weren't viable before like the K-Volt needed to be buffed slightly so they were). Complained about match length compared to C1's multiplayer, when the game was designed to be fast paced, and quick. Which completely ruined the pace of map changes and games themselves.

The random spawning was something that so many hated, but I loved it. It kept me on my toes at all times and most of the time it became a non issue because the game was designed around it. You could just as easily spawn, cloak. Find a spot to hide and asses the situation if you wanted and still be pretty much invisible even to nano vision as long as you were stationary.

rambling-man.jpg

I know this'll probably elicit a few weird reactions from some people. C2's MP was inherently a different beast from C1, and even then still it had a big learning curve, making it hard for noobs to jump in and do extremely well right away like in games like CoD. C1's MP was pretty great too.

C3 just took everything from C2 and completely ruined what made it great, dumbed down a ton of stuff to appeal to new players.(Because ironically that's what they thought was the issue with C2's MP. A learning curve)

Blah blah blah/ramble ramble

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Here's something that will get you right in the game! 0x00000024 bit for HBAO+ with "Nvidia Inspector"
Thanks, I'll try it for sure when I get home from workl ater tonight.

Bring up the console with [ctrl] + [~] and type:
Code:
r_draw_hud 0
r_draw_weapon 0

You can also put this in a cfg file and bind the execution of that file to a key press. See the full screenshooting guide on DET here.
Great guide, appreciate it. I'll try to get some screenies up but honestly yours are already second to none.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm hoping the missing pieces in the skyline just...didn't load in or something.

BONKERS

SMAA and SMAA (temporal) are available in the game's display settings.

Weird they wouldn't just say "SMAA T2x".

But that's really cool that they put that in there though!

Or maybe it's SMAA T1x that Crytek made for Ryse.

So what, that makes, No AA, SMAA, SMAA T2/1x, 2xMSAA,4xMSAA,8xMSAA,2xTXAA,4xTXAA ?

Speevy

Banned
I finally got my Skyrim running the Realvision ENB mods, but with all the gameplay mod stuff I wanted to do, I can't get it stable. I just don't have the time to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Guess it was all for nothing.

Speevy

Banned
People who mod Morrowind drive me insane. It's supposed to be based in an area surrounded by volcanic mountains, swamps, strange sky temples sand storms. Of course the first thing people do when they update the graphics is add lush forests and trees.

LuminatX

Neo Member
So I've turned of all the hud in WD, except I can't get rid of the tooltips for hacks "ie. press X to explode" little icon.
and 2nd, trying the DoF trick with the phone, no matter how many shots i take while activating the phone as soon as the dof kicks in it shows the reticle (which i have set to 0 in the xml) am I missing something?

TheTrain

Watch Dogs looks OK I guess. Does it play ok?

I have a 2GB 670, and 3570K with no OC. Do I have any hope of reaching a good FPS on max?

I really must play this game. Is it still a horrible mess?

Take a look to the official OT, they've released 2.0 update 3 days ago!

Woo new page, here some screen.

2870_2014-05-24_00022vbs4g.png

2870_2014-05-26_00014kfsks.png

Shumafuk

People who mod Morrowind drive me insane. It's supposed to be based in an area surrounded by volcanic mountains, swamps, strange sky temples sand storms. Of course the first thing people do when they update the graphics is add lush forests and trees.

Enjoy. And I assure you that in Morrowind it is not that simple as you think.

That isn't seriously from vanilla 2002 Morrowind is it?
Of course not. It's heavy modded, but still on engine over 12 years old.

If someone is still interested in heavy modded Morrowind - Soul of Morrowind - #1 Bitter Coast Region | 1080p (atmospheric footages from Bitter Coast Region).

One3rd

Beautiful Morrowind shots. But I want to click them to enlarge not go to flickr's 2/3 view of the image. =)

Quickly going through some of my savegames and came across this saturated scene I hadn't noticed before. It's behind you at the start of the level, my first play through I was rushing like a frenzied samurai and missed many sights.

14294670863_21daa9c9d0_o.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That said, Flickr has become insanely annoying to get the original image now. I'd still use it for the community aspect but would really consider another host that makes it easier to get the uploaded image for posting on forums.

That's my point? I can't figure out how to get the original image url now without the link shit built in.

Oh wait, my shots don't do it. Weird, they were doing it to me before.

Hey guys, it's updating now (wait until it says version 1.1 - should be under an hour) but I just threw together an extension that should make it a lot easier to get the original images.

OG Flickr

If you're on a photo page, just right click and there should be a link to the original size image page (unfortunately not a direct link to the original image) and a link to the page with all the sizes edit: removed the link to all sizes, if you select original size and that isn't an option, it just goes to the large size image.

It will probably have some bugs in it because i just threw it together now, let me know of any problems you all run in to.

If you do find photo pages that it doesn't work on, give me the link and I'll work on it.

Dr Dogg

14273736441_e830b79c1c_o.png

14074858157_8b444b0215_o.png

Probably 2 of the dullest pics out of the 500+ I took of this game but now I've got SLI semi sort of working should be able to have some fun.

Very nice and sharp pic's of "Mirror's Edge" VisceralBowl! One of my favorite games out there, nice job mate.

I need to find a way to make them not ~370 MB a piece. I took about 40 others with that resolution earlier in January for the thread and almost ran out of space on my SSD when I was taking them lol.

Top Bottom