• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

What is this game?
It's called Lili: Child of Geos, very charming and cute.

lili6f0et4.jpg

lili7q7cwf.jpg

Unity continues to look impressive in screenshots were as Inquisition and Far Cry 4 do nothing for me.

Unity looks wonderful! I'm guessing it's worth buying even with all the negative reviews on Steam?

Personally, I wish I waited on it. The visuals alone aren't worth it for me (which are only good up to about 30 meters - yuck). For me, my list of cons far outweighs the pros.

After a few patches, I think it will be a lot better. The gameplay itself isn't terrible, although I think a lot of it is a step down from Black Flag. That said, my first assassination actually felt like an assassination as opposed to me running down my target and murdering him in public. So there's that.

Altairre

Unity looks wonderful! I'm guessing it's worth buying even with all the negative reviews on Steam?

Paris is incredible. If that's enough for you then go for it though I'd wait in that case. I think both gameplay and mission design are terrible. Story seems better than Black Flag and AC3 but it's too early to judge. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Dave_6

Thanks guys, I'll wait until it has a significant price drop then. Still have Mordor and a few others to get through anyways.

Parsnip

They never added more comprehensive post processing options to Lili did they? I ended up using my own post.fx instead of what the game used because of how god awful that chromatic abomination is. I also kind of dislike the blue tint. It's too next gen for me.

Definitely not. Wait for performance patches, the online services to be actually functional, and a drop in price before getting it. It's probably the best looking game out there but that's not really enough.

Couple more Assassin's Creed: Parity screenshots from me. I used SweetFx to increase the contrast and change colour correction slightly to remove that persistent bluey-green colour grading, and good god, I am consistently floored by the graphics.

15638250870_c47256a1eb_o.jpg

15821214921_3a9de039f7_o.jpg

Which version of SweetFx are you using? Can you upload the preset? I've had problems running SweetFx/eFX in all Ubisoft/Uplay games with the exception of Assassin's Creed II.

It worked with Far Cry 3 for a couple of hours, then I hit a point where the game doesn't even start with eFX. The same thing happened to Assassin's Creed III.

KKRT00

I will never understand why some people use url links in quoted screenshots.

Dont You understand that most of us click screenshots to expand them from resized GAF's formatting? Every time You click it, it move You to another tab ...
Same goes for Abloat links, it has so annoying site.

Thorgal

Probably already known and i am just late to the party , but i found a mod ( well more a config file replacement ) that "unlocks " the game's settings .

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324612199

General
* Removed restrictions on settings
Texture & Model Heap Size
* Added Ultra tier with "600" value to Model Heap Size
* Increased Default to "300" from 128 for Model Heap Size
* Increased Ultra to "600" for Texture Heap Size
Multithreaded Shadow Rendering
* Defaults to ON instead of OFF
Shadow Map Resolution
* Added 4096 and 8192 value
Level of Detail (LOD)
* Added "Ultra" 6.0 value
* 1.0 is now "Very High"
Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
* Renamed "HDAO" to "HDAO+"
* Renamed "Standard" to "SSAO"
Field of View (FOV)
* Converted vertical FOV values to horizontal FOV
* Changed values to standard horizontal numbers
* Removed 90 FOV and higher
Planar Reflections
* Added "Alternate" Planar Reflections in-game

I also left CA on in the game because i liked it ( *hides underneath table )

ai2014-11-1923-50-00-57cm1.jpg

ai2014-11-2000-14-16-idenc.jpg

Which version of SweetFx are you using? Can you upload the preset? I've had problems running SweetFx/eFX in all Ubisoft/Uplay games with the exception of Assassin's Creed II.

It worked with Far Cry 3 for a couple of hours, then I hit a point where the game doesn't even start with eFX. The same thing happened to Assassin's Creed III.

I don't use a preset because I don't like any out there. Just get the default SweetFX settings and tweak them from there - I use different values every time, so I don't save my settings. I usually stick only to contrast, levels, sharpening, and slight colour adjustments. I used Boulotaur's injector but it seems to be very unstable compared to SweetFX 1.51. Make sure you're using Windows 7 and DirectX 11, as W8/DX 11.2 don't work alongside Boulotaur's injector and frequently cause problems with vanilla SFX anyway.

Anyway, a few more shots from me:

15639856999_2273b9f69e_o.png

15640227737_bc0e121cd9_o.png

Xyber

If only Unity could look as great everywhere as it does as it does in-door. It might just be another boring Assassin's Creed, but sweet baby jesus there's some great looking places in it.

Can't wait until we get some more linear games that won't have a lot of the issues AC does when it comes to pop-in, LoD and just the overall performance.

Unity continues to look impressive in screenshots were as Inquisition and Far Cry 4 do nothing for me

I agree. Frankly, Unity stands apart; it makes other great looking games look worse by comparison. Just installed Inquisition, and the game looks really good (so does Far Cry) but after seeing Unity, I am not impressed with them. Ubisoft set the bar really high.

oeib.jpg

TheRed

I agree. Frankly, Unity stands apart; it makes other great looking games look worse by comparison. Just installed Inquisition, and the game looks really good (so does Far Cry) but after seeing Unity, I am not impressed with them. Ubisoft set the bar really high.
I agree, Unity is the most well realized open world next to GTA V to me. I'm really enjoying it.

BONKERS

They never added more comprehensive post processing options to Lili did they? I ended up using my own post.fx instead of what the game used because of how god awful that chromatic abomination is. I also kind of dislike the blue tint. It's too next gen for me.

Yeah, the CA in this game is crazy awful. :(

I just try to ignore it as much as possible. There are no tweaks for it in any cfg file. I looked like crazy.

At least you can disable the Ambient occlusion. Which looks just as bad and use HBAO+ instead along with 2x2 + FXAA/SMAA DSR. Which looks really good despite the CA

oeib.jpg

It's essentially the opposite for me. Dragon Age and Far Cry 4 look far better to my eyes in a number of ways. /Shrug
Art Direction/Art Style, DA's character models look way nicer and more natural IMO (Irony considering silly non-humans)

That ACIV shot isn't exactly comparable though, just because 9/10 Unity shots here are bullshot quality. Whereas that ACIV shot is clearly not.

Though, the rendering leap is quite large I will say. (And by that I mean huge, PBL/IBL vs non PBL/IBL).

Top Bottom