• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

One3rd

Thanks, not sure how I missed this thread.

15649156970_6569ccd21c_o.jpg

Durante

Unity continues to look impressive in screenshots were as Inquisition and Far Cry 4 do nothing for me.
Just by the screenshots in this thread (I haven't played any of these 3 games) I have to fully agree.

Both Inquisition and FC4 just look "last-gen" compared to Unity overall. Maybe there was something to Ubisoft's boasting.

Thorgal

Slightly off topic but am i correct in assuming that the current cheattable on Deadendthrills for Alien:isolation is broken ?

Game keeps crashing when trying to enable the screenshot functions.

Thorgal

I loved this hallways lighting and it also showcasses the new Planar reflections .

Still ,, a shame of not being able to remove the hud :/

ai2014-11-2020-37-47-ltuw5.jpg

ai2014-11-2020-14-32-ppuj7.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I loved this hallways lighting and it also showcasses the new Planar reflections .

Still ,, a shame of not being able to remove the hud :/

I'm gonna assume you followed that modding guide? The floors aren't suppose to be that reflective. The setting discovered for that isn't increasing "quality" it's just jacking up reflectiveness across the board.

Thorgal

I'm gonna assume you followed that modding guide? The floors aren't suppose to be that reflective. The setting discovered for that isn't increasing "quality" it's just jacking up reflectiveness across the board.

I realize that , but IMO i find it looks better then the fuzzy vanilla version .

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Couple more...

15830290111_e763595e47_o.jpg

15835152335_168531e144_o.jpg

Free camera and instructions for this game here.

Methinks I'll be grabbing Inquisition next.

It's for the initial version of the game. You have to have that EXE lying around for it to still work.

Your new avatar is freaking me out. I saw Spec Ops the line screenshots with freecam and thought "Oh cool, did Jim make a freecam table? Awesome that people are utilizing it" then I got to the bottom of the post and saw download links, checked the name and went "Oh shit, of course."

Sweet to finally see a public way to get a freecam.

Your new avatar is freaking me out. I saw Spec Ops the line screenshots with freecam and thought "Oh cool, did Jim make a freecam table? Awesome that people are utilizing it" then I got to the bottom of the post and saw download links, checked the name and went "Oh shit, of course."

Sweet to finally see a public way to get a freecam.

Yeah, I might change it back :p

The camera isn't the easiest to use. Gotta rotate the camera with the keyboard while the game is paused. But it's for desperate people :p

Are you using ultra textures? Also are you getting any stuttering? specs?

Yeah, all the settings are maxed. Forced vsync adaptive and texture filtering high quality in Inspector. GPS clocks are ~1540 (I'm not home right now to double check) and I don't remember what my memory clocks are at. SD hard drive, 16gb of ram @1600, and an i7-3930k @ 4.6.

So, at 3200×1800 4×msaa I get around 30fps with frequent dips into the low 20s and stuttering. The weird thing is that it is not consistent (doesn't seem to coincide with what going on screen) the game seems to run smoother from time to time, but other times it stutters like crazy. Changing graphic settings in game has a significant affect and I need to restart. Disconnecting from the Internet does nothing. Performance just seems to change (but not by much) every time I launch the game or restart my computer.

I did notice from Precision's monitoring, that the power usage and gpu clock tend to fluctuate alot, often dipping well below peak speed. Unfortunately, kboost doesn't work with the 980s yet, so I don't know if forcing max speeds will help.

Lime

^cool I didn't know that Far Cry 4 was made by Skyrim modders. Also, I think it's against the rules to post NSFW material.

Shadow of Mordor @ 2160p
shadowofmordor2014-11qoa3z.png

shadowofmordor2014-11jiyj1.png

Lime

heh I was actually thinking the same thing in regards to the over-excessive violence in Mordor.

@zero shift: that picture is hardly violent (at least compared to some other much more bloody stuff we are exposed to)

heh I was actually thinking the same thing in regards to the over-excessive violence in Mordor.

@zero shift: that picture is hardly violent (at least compared to some other much more bloody stuff we are exposed to)

True, but I find it amusing that in our society tattoo titties are more offensive then neck slitting.

Stradnjoy

Some more from my time with FF14

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, 2560x1440, Resized to 1080p.
14752083526_f989dd49fc_o.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, 2560x1440, Resized to 1080p.
15069772407_516a71b10a_o.jpg

Stradnjoy

Failed to mention couple of pages back that I'm playing with these settings and snapping as I go. We'll the depth of field stuff is just for fun :p

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, 2560x1440, Resized to 1080p.
15624652140_60156373c1_o.jpg

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, 2560x1440, Resized to 1080p.
15807611881_db30563b08_o.jpg

BONKERS

also: aliasing! Look at how gross those reflections are compared to the rest of the image. Ultra low resolution!

Top Bottom