• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

iJCEyYI.gif

kingslunk

Don't think the ref wanted to give them both 5 seeings as it wasn't really a fight.

If a player punched another player he should've gotten instigator and since it was under 5 minutes thrown out of the game.

It's bullshit. That was to give the ducks a better chance of scoring. They were both ready to fight and they should've let them and kept it 5v5

The fact that the rule book says the refs have wide open interpretation after a fight pisses me off. Don't give refs the ability to affect a game. Make the rule book fucking clear. Is a fight a minor or a major. No inbetween shit. Shit like this makes me hate sports. Refs opinions in penalties should be as limited as possible.

No 4v4 this game would be over.

Complete Bullshit.

Curufinwe

Fuck, I figured it was over and didn't turn the game back on after GoT.

So I turn on NHLN hoping for highlights and they're showing Akeson blowing that golden chance to score. I didn't want to see that again.

If a player punched another player he should've gotten instigator and since it was under 5 minutes thrown out of the game.

It's bullshit. That was to give the ducks a better chance of scoring. They were both ready to fight and they should've let them and kept it 5v5

The fact that the rule book says the refs have wide open interpretation after a fight pisses me off. Don't give refs the ability to affect a game. Make the rule book fucking clear. Is a fight a minor or a major. No inbetween shit. Shit like this makes me hate sports. Refs opinions in penalties should be as limited as possible.

No 4v4 this game would be over.

Complete Bullshit.

Stars player could've thrown real punches then

Congrats on fixing your caps lock.

Are you at the game?

kingslunk

How many people need to explain to you that the refs stepped in too soon for a fight to break out?

They threw punches that's fighting. If they didn't throw a punch then why was there a penalty?

??????

Do we need to bring up a definition on what fighting is?

They threw punches that's fighting. If they didn't throw a punch then why was there a penalty?

??????

Do we need to bring up a definition on what fighting is?

Nope. Maybe a soft swing. They called it right. Coincidental roughing. If the Dallas player wanted to throw some haymakers and get Cogs fired up then there'd be fighting. Refs came in before it got to that point

Top Bottom