• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Montresor

What a way to go out. Attafucking boy Blue Jackets. Grats to Penguins but I'm overcome with respect for the Blue Jackets. Miles ahead of the Leafs with their heart and determination.

shoplifter

I hope the Flyers come through because my hatred for Nash might force me to cheer for the Pens.

Something to be happy about: our best players are 21, 20 and 20.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope we can take care of the Flyers tomorrow now that the Pens are through to the next round. We'll have no chance at all against them in game 1 at the very least if we have to play back-to-back games 6 and 7.

UberTag

Has a team ever looked worse in victory than Pittsburgh did tonight?
The Rangers/Flyers are being gifted a pretty terrible opponent here.

Roflobear

I really hope we can take care of the Flyers tomorrow now that the Pens are through to the next round. We'll have no chance at all against them in game 1 at the very least if we have to play back-to-back games 6 and 7.

Given the Rangers' recent history, I don't have too much hope for that scenario playing out

Velcro Fly

Penguins looked pretty bad last year too.

I just can't believe they'd sit back and stop playing again after it cost them earlier in the series big time. Plus the injuries don't help.

See, I dunno.

We've seen some pretty weird shit in the playoffs.

Boston is the one team I know they won't beat, but Montreal has a good chance of taking them down and if Pittsburgh gets New York instead of Philly I could see them winning the divisional round and then beat Montreal to go to the finals.

CBJ, like the Stars, look to have a bright future. I wish them the best, if they had been playing anyone other than the Pens I would have been cheering for them.

As far as the Pens go, they will never learn to play a full 60 minutes. We're not going anywhere this year, but I knew that going in.

Velcro Fly

CBJ, like the Stars, look to have a bright future. I wish them the best, if they had been playing anyone other than the Pens I would have been cheering for them.

As far as the Pens go, they will never learn to play a full 60 minutes. We're not going anywhere this year, but I knew that going in.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. Beating anyone in a 7 game series is going to be a huge struggle regardless of who they are playing.

Bsigg12

Yeah sloppy by Holden on the second and whoever failed to clear the crease on the first. Our PP is still abysmal too.

Yea but at least we didn't give up 22 shots. We look a bit better then we did in 3-4, but those penalties were really dumb. This second period is going to be really interesting.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yeah sloppy by Holden on the second and whoever failed to clear the crease on the first. Our PP is still abysmal too.

The PP is showing some life. Nothing substantial yet, but I think I can hear a heartbeat now.

And as much as I hate it, that second one was on Varlamov. He should have had that any day of the week.

cube444

Call me nuts but if I was a Pens fan, I'd be rooting for a first round loss to the BJs. Team won't win the Cup this year so might as well get rid of Bylsma and Fleury. Now they win a round and everything is status quo.

Yea but at least we didn't give up 22 shots. We look a bit better then we did in 3-4, but those penalties were really dumb. This second period is going to be really interesting.
Penalties were the right calls by the officials and yeah we were only outshot by a few despite the Wild have substantial more time on the PP.
The PP is showing some life. Nothing substantial yet, but I think I can hear a heartbeat now.

And as much as I hate it, that second one was on Varlamov. He should have had that any day of the week.

Agreed his five hole was too big there.

Top Bottom