• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Acid08

Banned
Good first despite the goal. Al looks awesome and idk about Thornton. He's engaged out there but made a really bad decision on that knee. Must have breathed in too much smog going into the arena, makes scumbags of even the nicest people.

LX_Theo

Banned
Almost looks exactly like shitbag Cooke's hit. Captain bringing dat dirt.
The big difference is that it looks like a much harder cut (which can lead to a knee being in that position) by the Sharks player.

I will say, the little leg movements I see make it look like it was intentional, though.

Clydefrog

Good first despite the goal. Al looks awesome and idk about Thornton. He's engaged out there but made a really bad decision on that knee. Must have breathed in too much smog going into the arena, makes scumbags of even the nicest people.

he didn't look too hot on the bench

Zu4jnoK.jpg

I think Thornton stuck his knee out way later than Cooke did, Cooke has his knee stuck out for a while. Still, not a good play by Thornton.

Velcro Fly

When dirty players get hit dirty, I'm less inclined to care. I don't think Joe Thornton is going to go knee on knee on some random dude next week if the Sharks win.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Thornton hasn't ended anyone's career, so you can understand why people might be a little quicker to "break out the pitchforks" when we're talking about Matt Cooke.
I agree, but people will brush Thorton's knee off and forget about it quickly. Dirty hits are dirty hits and to me that's pretty close to Cooke's knee.

LX_Theo

Banned
I agree, but people will brush Thorton's knee off and forget about it quickly. Dirty hits are dirty hits and to me that's pretty close to Cooke's knee.

It should get reviewed by the league, at the very least. I think most people would be with you to that point at least.

zroid

Banned
A suspension would be harsh for a guy without a history who didn't actually cause an injury. A fine might not be a bad idea, though. The money wouldn't mean shit obviously, but it would serve as a reminder that the league isn't ignoring it.

Acid08

Banned
A suspension would be harsh for a guy without a history who didn't actually cause an injury. A fine might not be a bad idea, though. The money wouldn't mean shit obviously, but it would serve as a reminder that the league isn't ignoring it.
Meh. They already ignored Stoll smashing Vlasic's head. Didn't even look at it. A fine to Thornton, sure. A suspension would be a joke.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So what, do you want him suspended?
Not necessarily but it should be reviewed. People want a no tolerance policy, and that's a pretty blatant kneeing, it should be treated as such.

Circumstance of injury should be irrelevant.
Exactly, the fact that the NHL takes injury circumstance into account is one of it's biggest problems. It shouldn't matter if someone is injured or not.

Can almost promise if Bordeleau hit his knee attempt (which was similar looking, he just missed), plenty of people here and elsewhere would be screaming for his suspension because of the type of player he is even though he doesn't have a history. I would want him suspended too, and not just because we'd be a better team without him.

Top Bottom