• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

RC

Banned
Normally if you go one-on-one with another team you have a fifty-fifty chance of winning. But Rick Nash is a genetic freak, and not normal. You've got a 25%, at best, of beating the Rangers. And then you add in St. Louis to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See, in the Conference Finals, you have a 25% chance of winning the Cup, but the Rangers have a 50% chance of winning, cause those Canadiens know they can't beat them, and they're not even gonna try. So Chicago and LA, you take your 25% chance, minus The Rangers' 50% chance, and you've got an -25% chance of winning the Cup. But then you take the Rangers 75% chance of winning, if they were to go one-on-one, and then add 50 percent, New York has 125 percent chance of winning the Cup. You see, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you.

I will never get tired of you posting that.

MacAttack

So much salt and trolling :(

Let's all just enjoy some quality hockey fellas
Because it's the 'Yoffs.

:lol Stranger things have happened, bro. I'd think a Bruins fan would understand that after the last round.
Habs had the Bruins number. It was a matchup issue and the series was pretty tight the whole way.

But losing a starting goaltender and having to call up your minor league "prospect" because you don't have faith in the backup? It doesn't look good.

Sanjuro

But losing a starting goaltender and having to call up your minor league "prospect" because you don't have faith in the backup? It doesn't look good.

They basically paid over a million to Budaj so they could protect Carey's ego during the regular season.

Still baffled why they didn't go with him.

cube444

They basically paid over a million to Budaj so they could protect Carey's ego during the regular season.

Budaj has never won a playoff game, looked bad in Game 1 and has a career playoff GAA of 5.13 and .843 SV%.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They keep shooting at Lundqvist, rather than blocking his sight or making him move.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Same. Budaj has played well against the Rangers in the past. He was just put in a no-win situation in Game 1.

If things continue like this I suspect we'll see Budaj in Game 3.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Budaj has never won a playoff game, looked bad in Game 1 and has a career playoff GAA of 5.13 and .853 SV%.
Using facts to reinforce a decision? What madness is this. This game isn't on Tokarski anyways, 2 of the goals were unstoppable. Habs just aren't scoring.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Budaj has never won a playoff game, looked bad in Game 1 and has a career playoff GAA of 5.13 and .843 SV%.

Tokarski has never won a playoff game, has a career playoff GAA of over 4 and a .870 SV%.

EDIT: Actually it might be under 4 by now. So that's something.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Same. Budaj has played well against the Rangers in the past. He was just put in a no-win situation in Game 1.

If things continue like this I suspect we'll see Budaj in Game 3.

If the Habs lose tonight (they will, they can't beat Lundqvist) for sure Budaj starts next game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My point isn't to champion Budaj as anything substantial, just it feels more of a desperate attempt by Therrien to look good if things fell in his direction.

I think it was more to have a clear break with the previous game. If Budaj lost tonight, you have nothing left.

edit: but really, they lose tonight they are done.

MacAttack

My point isn't to champion Budaj as anything substantial, just it feels more of a desperate attempt by Therrien to look good if things fell in his direction.
Unfortunately, it reeks of desperation.

Edit: lol... that's what you said. I promise to read before posting from here on out...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
5C9bb.jpg

Happy 20th anniversary of Pierre being fired by the Whalers

Great article from '94: http://articles.courant.com/1994-05...mcguire-whalers-general-manager-paul-holmgren

Top Bottom