• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Mentok

Banned
The Rangers had more shots on the Habs during the Habs PP. Yeah I'd say it doesn't matter who's in net, this team has checked out. Therrien's dump and chase just isn't working. It's like no one has the stamina to continue anymore.

zroid

Banned
I think what this tells us is Habs can only win series when they lack home ice.

Or something about Carey Price, I dunno.

RangersFan

Habs making the Rangers look like a legitimate Stanely Cup team, which is pretty impressive. I'll give them that.

Team loses team MVP and one of the best goalies in the world and is playing differently now. What a shocker, you think the Rangers would be playing like this if Lunqvist went down?

Talbot >>>> Lundqvist

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hank stole game 2, and Habs have played some of their worst hockey all season in 3 of the other 4 periods. Take that as you will.

You gotta give the Rags more credit. They're forcing the Habs to make mistakes.

MacAttack

Hank stole game 2, and Habs have played some of their worst hockey all season in 3 of the other 4 periods. Take that as you will.

I'll take it as this:

iAikaakkOzQFP.gif

Rangers look every bit as good as what the Kings and Hawks have shown thus far.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You got quite the fan-club Red.
It brings me such joy that most of these guys I have blocked continue to waste what limited mental and emotional energy they have on me.

You gotta give the Rags more credit. They're forcing the Habs to make mistakes.
For sure, their speed fucked with them and that's on Therrien and his coaching staff for not being properly prepared. That being said, Habs are playing some of their worst hockey, and Lunqvist is the main reason they are where they are now. I think they'll get exposed against LA / CHI, I'll gladly eat crow if they don't though. I don't have any particular ill will towards NY, I joked about not wanting McDonagh to get far at the beginning but I'm pretty neutral to the team aside from Carcillo.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Playoffs are rad. Fun crazy period.

I have to say, the Habs came onto the ice in the opening festivities looking like a defeated team. I noticed it about their body language immediately, and they were very late in coming out (only like 20 seconds before the buzzer).

We'll see if they get some jump in the second. Still just a 1 goal game, and they had some chances that they just flat out missed shots on.

The Rangers have been playing with FIRE for the last 5 1/3 games. Love it.

Mentok

Banned
For sure, their speed fucked with them and that's on Therrien and his coaching staff for not being properly prepared. That being said, Habs are playing some of their worst hockey, and Lunqvist is the main reason they are where they are now. I think they'll get exposed against LA / CHI, I'll gladly eat crow if they don't though. I don't have any particular ill will towards NY, I joked about not wanting McDonagh to get far at the beginning but I'm pretty neutral to the team aside from Carcillo.

Absolutely agree, as good as the Rangers have been playing the Habs have been laying in a stinker. 4 shots on goal with only 1 real scoring attempt is not the sign of a hungry team.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Playoffs are rad. Fun crazy period.

I have to say, the Habs came onto the ice in the opening festivities looking like a defeated team. I noticed it about their body language immediately, and they were very late in coming out (only like 20 seconds before the buzzer).

We'll see if they get some jump in the second. Still just a 1 goal game, and they had some chances that they just flat out missed shots on.

The Rangers have been playing with FIRE for the last 5 1/3 games. Love it.

I can only hope we can sustain the goodness to move to the big game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Team looks exactly like they did against Ottawa in that game 5 last year.

Sure that's a terrible loss but they should play twice as hard to compensate.

They've simply given up it seems.
Gorges diving in the net to make the save is a pretty obvious case of them not having confidence in Tokarski.

MacAttack

Sure that's a terrible loss but they should play twice as hard to compensate.

They've simply given up it seems.

Gotta assume players are giving everything they have every playoff game. You can't expect them to just hit an extra gear because Price got hurt. If anything I would expect that trying to compensate for such an injury might hurt them in other areas.

Mr.Green

Gotta assume players are giving everything they have every playoff game. You can't expect them to just hit an extra gear because Price got hurt. If anything I would expect that trying to compensate for such an injury might hurt them in other areas.

Habs look like they're giving everything they have to you?

Top Bottom