• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
These goalies are playing great. That Benn score was a ridiculous combination, and sets the standard on the quality of chance required to score on these dudes.

Agreed. This game is completely on the goalies and the defensemen right now.

Canada's D is just too good. They are carrying this team completely.

I agree - conversely, why is the US using Faulk, Shattenkirk and Carlson? Way too much offensive-minded D-men. Where is Paul Martin?

US D is way too open and forwards are lackadaisical. They will need their best period of the tournament to score a goal against Canada.

Hari Seldon

I agree - conversely, why is the US using Faulk, Shattenkirk and Carlson? Way too much offensive-minded D-men. Where is Paul Martin?

US D is way too open and forwards are lackadaisical. They will need their best period of the tournament to score a goal against Canada.

Martin is hurt with a broken hand, otherwise he would definitely be playing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Canadian forecheck is keeping pressure in the American zone, and the D isn't giving away much of anything.

This has the look of a 2-0 final. Hopefully I'm wrong.

zroid

Banned
So far this game has been going on a very similar track to the women's final :lol (except the teams' roles are reversed)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty sure Martin is injured.

Acid08

Banned

Martin is injured, no choice but to use what we have. Which wasn't all that great to begin with.

Blader

We're going to lose. US is too content with just passing around the zone and taking shots from far out. Price is playing really well too, but we're just not putting any real pressure on.

Benn has been an absolute monster this game.

I'm a Price fan, just echoing all the people in this thread that were shitting on Price prior to this game.

Sarcasm meter is broken. :p

Benn has been an absolute monster this game.

I'm a Price fan, just echoing all the people in this thread that were shitting on Price prior to this game.

Actually it is quite exciting to see Price playing for team Canada. Before Carey Price moved up into the WHL and then the NHL, he used to play on the local Hockey team in my hometown. I see quite a few people around town wearing Montreal Jersey's with Price's name on it, and I'm in BC.

We're going to lose. US is too content with just passing around the zone and taking shots from far out. Price is playing really well too, but we're just not putting any real pressure on.

I mean, you're one rebound away from tying this game up with 20 minutes of hockey left to play. and fucking Kessel scares me.

Kesler has been pretty average all year for the Canucks. 2010 and 2011 Nashville are looking pretty distant.

Now that I said that he's going to score.

Trey

The stats corroborate what the game looks like: Cananda is playing slightly better.

America, now is your time for glory. Nut the fuck up.

Mr.Mike

I'd like to take a second to let everyone know that Canada is climbing back up the medal standings.

0zyJbyI.png

We just need one more gold in addition to this Men's Hockey gold we're grabbing here and we'll be #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom