• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have to go back to NHL hockey? It'll be hard going from a team that did everything right back to team that can't do anything.
Hamhuis and LOLuongo got gold at least. Sedin got silver and the other Sedin should hopefully be back.

Toews....Captain Serious

Ricker

Do we have to go back to NHL hockey? It'll be hard going from a team that did everything right back to team that can't do anything.

It's going to look like they are playing in a closet lol...the size of that rink is nuts lol...

Madness

biosteel1_EventsTHUR_HP_20140213.jpg

Solo

CAREY.
PRICE.
OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST.
0.600 GAA.
SHUTOUT IN THE SEMIS AGAINST USA.
SHUTOUT IN THE GOLD MEDAL GAME AGAINST SWEDEN.
FUCK.
YEAHHHHHHHHH.
OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!!!

You're welcome, Canada.

calder

Well it's been a slice gentlemen (and ladies, who knows right you don't want to just assume) but time to slink off to the NHL thread. I encourage all hockey fans to join us in the OT Community, it's a welcoming, safe place full of rational debate and polite discourse.

That said, fuck you all again Leafs/Habs/Sens/Oilers/Flames/Canucks NHL GAF.

Jets to catch Canucks in 2 weeks guaranteed*.

*probably not

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Bettman is basically in charge of whether or not we'll medal in 2018 too, which is a scary thought.
Eh. He represents the owners. Gotta convince them it's better in the long run for the game. I can't imagine Wang being happy after Tavares got injured.

Madness

Gary Bettman is basically in charge of whether or not we'll medal in 2018 too, which is a scary thought.

Almost every player on the Sweden team was an NHL'er too. So if NHL no longer commits to the Olympics, we'll all get screwed watching teams play without the top players in the countries.

Russia would probably benefit the most having their KHL'ers be allowed to play.

Big-E

Feel good about being vindicated with Price. We only needed someone who wouldn't shit the bed and he did more than that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
3 goals allowed, undefeated on the large ice without Stamkos, Tavares, and benching the Norris and Art Ross winners. Incredible depth.

One of the greatest displays of defense ever.
Greatest I've ever seen. Incredible.

zedge

Well it's been a slice gentlemen (and ladies, who knows right you don't want to just assume) but time to slink off to the NHL thread. I encourage all hockey fans to join us in the OT Community, it's a welcoming, safe place full of rational debate and polite discourse.

That said, fuck you all again Leafs/Habs/Sens/Oilers/Flames/Canucks NHL GAF.

Jets to catch Canucks in 2 weeks guaranteed*.

*probably not

:hugz:

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
CAREY.
PRICE.
OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST.
0.600 GAA.
FUCK.
YEAHHHHHHHHH.

You're welcome, Canada.

I was told I couldn't say that :(

Socreges

Banned
CAREY.
PRICE.
OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST.
0.600 GAA.
FUCK.
YEAHHHHHHHHH.

You're welcome, Canada.
lol he did nothing. But he looked super solid after those shaky first few games. Happy they went with him. Lu might not have had his rebound control

Congrats, Habs fans.

pringles

Detroit is going to seriously throw a wrench in it, too. Fans in the area are PISSED about Zetterberg.
His back was a ticking bomb. Olympics had little/nothing tod do with it. Anyway most of the Wings brass are part of Team Canada so not sure how they can can work against NHL participation in 2018.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
His back was a ticking bomb. Olympics had little/nothing tod do with it. Anyway most of the Wings brass are part of Team Canada so not sure how they can can work against NHL participation in 2018.
Brass can't do shit if the owners don't want the players to go. They pay their salaries too.

Socreges

Banned
Yep,awesome defense...
Flawless? Seriously, they were phenomenal.

Everyone who jumped on the ice was so effective immediately. Gotta credit the coaching, too.

See how upset the Sweden are? Finland did it right! Lose the semis, avoid Canada, and "win" Bronze!

kmax

giphy.gif

Well deserved, Canada. That was a masterclass in Hockey. Enjoy the moment, because you have easily the best team in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom