• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Emmy Award Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So can Doctor Who not be nominated for and Emmy being a British show on BBC? I seem to remember something about that last year. Sherlock got nominated because it also appears on PBS.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Game of Thrones really should not be a nominee, thats a spot that should have went to Hannibal or Justified. Also best comedy continues to be irrelevant by ignoring Sunny. Its a top 5 of all time comedy and they did some of their best work this season. Shameful.

If he qualifies I hope Tituss Burgess gets a supporting nod for Kimmy Schmidt.

He's in.

All the nominees are up on the emmy site right now.

Andre Braugher - Brooklyn Nine Nine
Keegan Key - Key & Peele (how is he a SUPPORTING ACTOR)
Adam Driver - Girls
Ty Burrell - Modern Family
Tituss Burgess - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Tony Hale - Veep

ivysaur12

Banned
Since deleted:

CKDCBVWUEAAyJ2E.png

Sapiens

Outstanding Drama Series
"Better Call Saul" (2015) - YES
"Downton Abbey" (2011) - NO, what a joke show.
“Game of Thrones” (2011) - I can see why, on a technical level, the show is really impressive, but meh

"House of Cards" (2013) - sure, why not
"Homeland" (2011) - garbage
"Mad Men" (2007) - Yes, for sure - should win.
"Orange Is the New Black" (2013) - yes, absolutely.

Ghost23

Game of Thrones really should not be a nominee, thats a spot that should have went to Hannibal or Justified. Also best comedy continues to be irrelevant by ignoring Sunny. Its a top 5 of all time comedy and they did some of their best work this season. Shameful.

Hannibal should take House of Card's spot before GoT, though both shouldn't be nominated anyway.

IronRinn

Really hope Jonathan Banks wins. Still pissed to see that no one from Justified or The Americans is on this list. (Though it looks like The Americans got a nomination for Writing.)

styl3s

Game of Thrones deserves that spot over the painfully mediocre Homeland.

Sapiens

Where the hell is "The Americans"?

Justified had an incredible season as well!

Fucking ripping off Graham Yost.

-griffy-

Banned
So can Doctor Who not be nominated for and Emmy being a British show on BBC? I seem to remember something about that last year. Sherlock got nominated because it also appears on PBS.

The show airs on BBC America in the US so I would think it qualifies. It just isn't really something that the Emmy's would nominate.

Congrats to Tatiana Maslany. Boo to the lack of Parks and Rec supporting noms and lack of overall The Americans noms (though it did get nom in writing for the best episode title, "Do Mail Robots Dream of Electric Sheep, which warrants another post of this gif:
BPtA5Ao.gif

Flash got a nom for Visuals, Daredevil and Gotham for Sound, Walking Dead for Stunts and funny enough 24 got a nom for Music XD

IronRinn

I really want Key & Peele to win Best Variety, but I think momentum is on Schumer's side (I like her show, just not as much as K&P).

chadskin

Emmys continue to pick the "classics" instead of a show like The Americans, The Affair, Halt and Catch Fire or, God forbid, a quality network show like Parenthood. Ugh.

Happy for Kyle Chandler and Tatiana Maslany, though, these two totally deserve the nod.

I really want Key & Peele to win Best Variety,

Wait, hold up.

Key & Peele is nominated for best VARIETY SERIES, but not comedy
But Keegan Key is nominated for best supporting actor in a COMEDY SERIES - for Key & Peele.

This is almost weirder than the idea that Key, whose name comes first in the title of his comedy show, is nominated for supporting actor.

styl3s

Flash got a nom for Visuals, Daredevil and Gotham for Sound, Walking Dead for Stunts and funny enough 24 got a nom for Music XD
Flash deserves that spot for visuals for the visual stuff they did with the gorilla alone. Daredevil should get a nod for best supporting actor as well with Vincent D'Onofrio.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm actually a little surprised that The Americans got shut out of drama when it got the writing nomination. I know the voting bases for those two are slightly different, but still :-\

Valhelm

contribute something
Yes, this is award nonsense. There will be snubs; there will be undeserving nominees. Still, it's nice to see good work get rewarded occasionally.

These are being announced right now. Live streams are available on Deadline and EW.

I'll update the OP once the lists are ready. Full list here.

Outstanding Drama Series
"Better Call Saul" (2015)
"Downton Abbey" (2011)
“Game of Thrones” (2011)
"House of Cards" (2013)
"Homeland" (2011)
"Mad Men" (2007)
"Orange Is the New Black" (2013)

Outstanding Comedy Series
"Modern Family" (2009)
"Silicon Valley" (2014)
"Veep" (2012)
"Transparent" (2014)
"Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" (2015)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)

Outstanding Miniseries
"American Horror Story" (2011)
"American Crime" (2015)
"The Honourable Woman" (2014)
"Olive Kitteridge" (2014)
"Wolf Hall" (2015)

Outstanding Television Movie
Bessie (2015) (TV)
Nightingale (2014/II)
Killing Jesus (2015) (TV)
"Agatha Christie's Poirot: Curtain: Poirot's Last Case (#13.5)" (2013)
Grace of Monaco (2014)
Hello Ladies: The Movie (2014) (TV)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
Kevin Spacey for "House of Cards" (2013)
Bob Odenkirk for "Better Call Saul" (2015)
Kyle Chandler for "Bloodline" (2015)
Jeff Daniels for "The Newsroom" (2012)
Jon Hamm for "Mad Men" (2007)
Liev Schreiber for "Ray Donovan" (2013)

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Claire Danes for "Homeland" (2011)
Viola Davis for "How to Get Away with Murder" (2014)
Taraji P. Henson for "Empire" (2015)
Elisabeth Moss for "Mad Men" (2007)
Tatiana Maslany for "Orphan Black" (2013)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
David Oyelowo for Nightingale (2014/II)
Mark Rylance for "Wolf Hall" (2015)
Richard Jenkins for "Olive Kitteridge" (2014)
Ricky Gervais for "Derek" (2012)
Adrien Brody for "Houdini" (2014)
Timothy Hutton for "American Crime" (2015)

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Jessica Lange for "American Horror Story" (2011)
Frances McDormand for "Olive Kitteridge" (2014)
Felicity Huffman for "American Crime" (2015)
Queen Latifah for Bessie (2015) (TV)
Maggie Gyllenhaal for "The Honourable Woman" (2014)
Emma Thompson for "Live from Lincoln Center: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - In Concert with the New York Philharmonic (#40.1)" (2014)

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Edie Falco for "Nurse Jackie" (2009)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus for "Veep" (2012)
Amy Poehler for "Parks and Recreation" (2009)
Lily Tomlin for "Grace and Frankie" (2015)
Lisa Kudrow for "The Comeback" (2005)
Amy Schumer for "Inside Amy Schumer" (2013)

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
"The Colbert Report" (2005)
"Jimmy Kimmel Live!" (2003)
"The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" (2014)
"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" (1996)
"Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" (2014)

Outstanding Variety Sketch Series
"Drunk History" (2013)
"Inside Amy Schumer" (2013)
"Key and Peele" (2012)
"Portlandia" (2011)
"Saturday Night Live" (1975)

Please.

addik

So it seems that Jane the Virgin was snubbed, or they did not send something for the Emmys?

Great news for Titus though... I'm really happy he got nominated, but I was half-expecting Ellie Kemper to be nominated for Best Actress for UKS. I doubt it's going to win anything against Veep, which should totally win this year.

berzeli

Banned
So after reading through the list I will now present my opinion in a calm and reasonable manner:

TATIANA! YAAAAAAAS! QUEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Also glad to see nods to The Honourable Woman (deserves to win all of them), and lol at Grace Of Monaco for ending up as a Lifetime movie.

Game of Thrones is better than all the nominees this year though. None of the other shows were anywhere near as good. At least last year had Breaking Bad and True Detective.

IronRinn

Wait, hold up.

Key & Peele is nominated for best VARIETY SERIES, but not comedy
But Keegan Key is nominated for best supporting actor in a COMEDY SERIES - for Key & Peele.

This is almost weirder than the idea that Key, whose name comes first in the title of his comedy show, is nominated for supporting actor.

They get weird/granular with the categories, for sure: Outstanding Variety Sketch Series and Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I honestly have no idea how Modern Family keeps getting nominated

Oh the bright side, there's no way Sheldon Cooper is getting another Emmy this time!

"Game of Thrones" as drama is garbage after the hack job D&D did with their source material last season. the best parts of the show have always been the ones they took word for word out of the book, they're changing stuff from the book and it's not nearly as good.

all in for Tatiana Maslany for Orphan Black, she's does an insanely good job in that show as 900 different people.

next year there needs to be deutschland 83 for best drama, that show is really really good

edit: also LWT needs to win. even as a liberal i've always found daily show to be very biased and very much an echo chamber; haven't watched enough colbert report to say anything about it, but LWT has actually led to real changes in the world.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Very cool to see Tatiana Maslany get a nom, but I really don't expect her to win. Between Mad Men, Empire, and Viola Davis, that is a pretty stacked category.

Ashhong

Didn't Brooklyn 99 win best comedy last year? And now it's not even nominated, was last season not very good? I fell behind and never caught up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom