• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

I called the Grizz being able to control Golden State. They just need to keep doing what they're doing. It's happened twice already and Golden State can't seem to adapt to the pace of the game.

Waiting for the "Golden State did this to themselves" excuse.

dream

I'm okay with another round of Zbo vs Blake.

In an ideal world, it comes down to game 7, tied with 7 seconds left, Clips ball. JJ inbounds to CP3 who gets it to Blake in the post. Blake backs Zbo down and lays it in at the buzzer. Zbo looks over at Blake, gives him the man nod, and pats him on the ass. Blake gives Zbo a hug, thanking him for making him the man that he is today. Zbo tells Blake to make him proud and win the championship. Blake says, "I will." And with the renewed confidence of a man who finally beat his nemesis, Blake leads his team to a sweep of the Wizards for the Clippers' first championship.

Yeah, Steph looks pretty terrible this series. He is just wilting against strong physical defense
Steph is no stranger to physical defense, yet, he is not having great games recently.
Game 1 proved that they can withstand the Grizzlies defense. It's adaptable.
Something is going wrong with their play choices. Steph isn't making good pass offs and his teammates are losing confidence and pass up easy shots while taking dumb ones.
It happens all the time in the NBA.
If they can't get their confidence up then they will lose

In an ideal world, it comes down to game 7, tied with 7 seconds left, Clips ball. JJ inbounds to CP3 who gets it to Blake in the post. Blake backs Zbo down and lays it in at the buzzer. Zbo looks over at Blake, gives him the man nod, and pats him on the ass. Blake gives Zbo a hug, thanking him for making him the man that he is today. Zbo tells Blake to make him proud and win the championship. Blake says, "I will." And with the renewed confidence of a man who finally beat his nemesis, Blake leads his team to a sweep of the Wizards for the Clippers' first championship.

0ai620X.png

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Steph is no stranger to physical defense, yet, he is not having great games recently.
Something is going wrong with their play choices. Steph isn't making good pass offs and his teammates are losing confidence and pass up easy shots while taking dumb ones.

Game 1 had no Conley.

BobLoblaw

Banned
This is why people say the regular season doesn't matter. You're right, he has had to play physical defense during the season, but now he's facing it every other night by the same team. The post-season is about adjustments and so far GS hasn't made many good ones. They started doubling tonight, which is probably what they do going forward, but if Memphis adjust, they'll have to as well. If they don't, then the second round might be as far as they go.

And then Blake wakes up.

On another note, SportsCenter is showing the highlights and the anchors sound like somebody died lol. I guess they would rather have the Warriors in the Finals.

Too much Warriors hype for a team that really hasn't done anything in the postseason.

I still give them a real chance in this series but as I said before, Memphis is battle-tested and immune to playoff pressure.

Though people made fun of me, I stand by the fact that Golden State relies on the threepoint shot(maybe I exaggerated somewhat) and if it's well defended or not falling, what else do they have???

Bogut's not going to be an offensive force against any good big man.

I thought David Lee was the X-factor for that team but I haven't seen him do much though I haven't seen every game.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Idk if you noticed but Conley isn't known for his defense, he's known for his playmaking and diversive offensive attacking.
Conley isn't the reason they're losing.

Conley's doing an amazing defensive job on Curry.
And yes, he is known as a good defender.

Idk if you noticed but Conley isn't known for his defense, he's known for his playmaking and diversive offensive attacking.
Conley isn't the reason they're losing.

A big reason why Grizz is up 2-1 is because of pace - Last two games has been played at Grizzlies pace - Conley is a major reason why that's the case. He isn't the reason? Breh.

Everything is almost plausible except the Wizards representing the East. Save us Rose and Lebron expose the frauds that are the Hawks and Wizards.

dream

Can you believe that these people are still doubting the Clips' ability to win the championship even after they beat the Spurs and Rockets, MetalFearSolid?

Lolwrong. Is this your first time seeing Memphis play?
I know how Memphis play and this is textbook Memphis.
"ZBo plays bully ball, Gasol draws fouls when posting and utilizes perimeter shooting, Conley does just as I stated before, C. Lee tries to be a second Conley, Tony Allen aggressively defends, Udrih pick and rolls his way to every shot, etc"
Yeah, GS isn't even my team but If they can beat the Grizzlies game 1 they can do it again.
Conley can't be in the game all the time, so AGAIN, Conley isn't the reason they beat Memphis these past games.
I know how the Grizzlies play. They have been playing the same way since the beginning of the season.

Can you believe that these people are still doubting the Clips' ability to win the championship even after they beat the Spurs and Rockets, MetalFearSolid?

Matt Barnes outplayed a finals MVP in a game 7.
JJ Redick is sharpshooter from 3. Dude hasn't cooled down since November.
Austin Rivers finally living up to his 10th overall selection somewhat in these playoffs at least
Again you have the PointGod, and the torch has already been passed from Duncan to Griffin.
DeAndre Jordan is a top 5 center.

I have seen enough from the Clippers to show me they are legit. They schooled the Rockets with and without Cp3. They defeated the Spurs people how much more legitimacy do they need. They beat the almighty Spurs.

I was pissed that my gf decided to do Mother's Day dinner tonight but after looking at the Warriors Grizz outcome, I guess I should be thanking her...

Today's the day. If the Rockets are about it, they'll win tonight. This is a must win. Season on the line. Can't say I'm proud of how they've been playing, but today's a new day.

GO HOUSTON!
Do or die.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The day after even more sure that I think the correct course of action for the Hawks should have been to foul.

Playing for at best a tie on the road like that just didn't sit well with me. Foul, make them hit their FTs, and then get the ball with a chance to win with either a 2 or 3 (depending upon if they made both FTs).

I get that I'm probably in the minority on this position though.

Harden needs to wake up in the 1st half this time

You would think:

Hey, he didn't get the MVP he wanted. He'll go off.

Hey, they lost the first game of the series at home. He'll go off.

Hey, someone verbally assaulted his mother. He'll go off!

Nope. He's been doing a fine job of playmaking and distrubting, but against LAC and with the bench failing to do much outside of maybe Brewer, it's not enough. They need to figure something out. Harden needs to figure something out.

Top Bottom