• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptaaty

NBA is a bunch of hot garbage. Sorry. I love basketball and can't stand it...I'll watch finals but that is about it.

The competitive balance is completely busted. It is like every single series...before it even starts you knew who would be in the finals....games won by 30 pts. Yay...the two teams we all knew would be here...and were here last year...and the year before are....here again!

Adding salt to the wound, I grew up in MN during T-wolves expansion...year after year of nothing (a year or two get to first round at peak)...moved to Seattle only to watch Sonics leave.

Cipherr

I feel like every year Lebron has been to the finals its been one of those "Well he has to win or else his legacy is ruined" sort of thing. Im seeing the same things start to pop up on boards tonight. I thought last year would finally end that, but it appears that that will always be a goalpost that gets pushed out with a "For real this time".

I feel like every year Lebron has been to the finals its been one of those "Well he has to win or else his legacy is ruined" sort of thing. Im seeing the same things start to pop up on boards tonight. I thought last year would finally end that, but it appears that that will always be a goalpost that gets pushed out with a "For real this time".
He already established his legacy.
It's just not in the vicinity of Jordan's.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Last year ended all that, except for the morons like Skip Bayless (who is a bullshitter) and the people who parrot his stuff on message boards.

Cavs will be underdogs.

The Warriors are 27-1 in their last 28 games since Klay Thompson signed this toaster.
C_Z4MvWW0AA3qBP.jpg:large
And that only lost was against the Jazz when Klay didn't play. I wouldn't be surprised if they sweep the Cavs. Blame the damn toaster if it happens.

Dynomutt

Go all-in on the fuckery and let the Cavs win in 4. Let's get this season over and done with.

Real talk if something like that were to happen. Lets say LBJ averages 30/9/9 in some otherworldly in the zone way one could argue that he is the GOAT of our generation. Especially being the playoff scoring leader.

Another asterisk ring for the warriors if they win, for me at least. No Kawhi in the WCF, plus their team is crazy stacked. They were a 73-9 team last year and now they have KD lol. 2017 warriors are definitely more talented than Bron's Heat superteam.

Tall4Life

Another asterisk ring for the warriors if they win, for me at least. No Kawhi in the WCF, plus their team is crazy stacked. They were a 73-9 team last year and now they have KD lol. 2017 warriors are definitely more talented than Bron's Heat superteam.
You can make an asterisk like that for 99% of all champions.

Talented teams get an asterisk?
Talent is a crutch for teams without heart.

OMG, you guys make my sides hurt from laughter.

Finals is gonna be good.
I just hope the Legend of Javale will begin with tales of his boxing out.
and praises sung as high as his reach is long.

Seriously McGee... box out and get rebounds. put backs and alley-oops.

jman2050

Against Dallas and 2013 Spurs... you got to remember that the West was pretty darn stacked during the Heat years so it was difficult to gauge the Heat during that time.

Daily reminder that OKC had Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden all on one team and they threw it all away.

Warriors in 5, which is what it would have been last year if Green hadn't been suspended. A sweep is on the table but it's far too likely that the Warriors blows a game like the Spurs match before Kawhi got injured or the refs just will the Cavs to victory for a game.

But as long as the Cavs lose one way or another and Lebron goes further underwater in his finals record, it's all good.

beat

Not really. No team has been as talented as the Warriors of this season.

... so? Having a lot more talent deserves an asterisk while just having a regular amount of "more talent" doesn't? Why? Jordan is widely considered the greatest player ever; should his wins get asterisks because his team had him and Pippen?

And looking back at the last 10 years or so, the finals series which has been significantly affected by injury to star players is the 2015 finals.

Yeah, because injuries to star players took out other top teams before they could even make the finals? Garnett was out for the 2009 playoffs. The Thunder lost Westbrook to injury one season, KD another. And "10 years or so" includes the Horry hip check (and resultant injury to Nash + resultant suspensions for Amar'e and Diaw) which probably flipped who would have won the Spurs-Suns series. (URL="http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2015/6/17/8788361/nba-finals-2015-golden-state-warriors-championship"]more asterisks here if you want[/URL].)

Either be consistent with putting asterisks on championships or don't do it.

jman2050

Warriors in 5, which is what it would have been last year if Green hadn't been suspended. A sweep is on the table but it's far too likely that the Warriors blows a game like the Spurs match before Kawhi got injured or the refs just will the Cavs to victory for a game.

But as long as the Cavs lose one way or another and Lebron goes further underwater in his finals record, it's all good.

No, seriously, what actually is wrong with you?

Anyone who cares about this narrative is an idiot. LeBron getting to the finals a million times in a row is amazing.

And yet, nobody gives a shit about the Bills going to 4 straight super bowls because they lost. Your record on the biggest stage matters if you want the clowns at ESPN to keep comparing you to Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom